Jewellery in Carry-on?

dshimizu

We are flying to Cape Town via Heathrow in October. Are carry-ons allowed and if so, can you pack your jewellery in your carry-on? I didn't see any mention of it on the Transportation Security Admin Prohibited and permitted items list

We are flying to Cape Town via Heathrow in October. Are carry-ons allowed and if so, can you pack your jewellery in your carry-on? I didn't see any mention of it on the Transportation Security Admin Prohibited and permitted items list

I noticed that you are from Vancouver. Are you flying from there or from Seattle? If it is from Vancouver, the US's TSA web site should not be where you need to look. I would wait another month (in case things change by then) and call your carrier.

You are allowed one piece of hand luggage each up to a maximum length of 45cm, width of 35cm and depth of 16cm. The size of a laptop bag. In flying in and out of LHR for our cruise in September, I will have my purse (size of laptop bag) and DH will have the laptop bag (without the laptop) with our camera, ipod & speakers, cell phone in it. I was initially concerned with how these could be carried safely. Now, I think we can do without the larger carryons.

The only thing I am sorry not to have the larger carryons for, is the change of clothes we might have had available after travelling all night and day. I hope that the rest of the luggage arrives without mishap. :eek:

Snowbird

Archived