Explorer of the Seas; April 25, 2008; Motorcycle cruise, "BIkers on Board"

lnew1gd1

Hi all we are booked and ready to go. Who is joining us for this awesome 10 day, 9 night itinerary?

This is a great place to do all our planning and share thoughts/ideas/suggestions and ask questions about cruising in general.

See you all soon......................oh..................not soon enough.

Lynn and Dennis

Crusin Kat,

Thanks so much......that is exactly the type of info I wanted. You will definitely have to let me know how Bermuda was for riding when you get back. I love Bermuda .......this will be great...we are also riding in Bermuda and the Rain Forest--San Juan.

We are sailing out of NJ and did book with ETA..they are the only ones that can do this booking.

I can't wait and ours isn't until 08!!.........how can I wait that long!!

Thanks again,

Lynn

Hi Lynn,

Glad to be of help! We love riding and we love cruising, so, it's a topic I LOVE to talk about!!

Who knows......we may take another motorcycle cruise in '08, so, maybe we'll meet up on the ship!!

If you need any other information, I'd be happy to help you out!

Kathleen

• 3 weeks later...
We will be going on the 2/10/07 navigator of the Seas Cruise with ETA. We can't wait, it sounds so exciting. Both myself and my boyfriend have our own bikes. I will let you know how it goes!

That would be wonderful....please don't forget. We will want to hear all about it!!

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Lynn,

Glad to be of help! We love riding and we love cruising, so, it's a topic I LOVE to talk about!!

Who knows......we may take another motorcycle cruise in '08, so, maybe we'll meet up on the ship!!

If you need any other information, I'd be happy to help you out!

Kathleen

Hi Could you give me any info that you feel would be useful about these cruises. Like how often do they have them, do you bring your own bike or rent them, where are the bikes kept on the ship. Do they charge for bringing your bike if thats the case? Anything at all would be great. I have been looking for something like this since my nephew overneard someone talking about it on our cruise in Sept. Thanks so much Elaine

• 1 month later...

I am looking to get information on how we can find out when the Theme cruises are, and what the exact theme is.

Being a Harley owner, this thread caught me eye. We have looked at booking on the hogs of the high seas cruise, which sails on RCL, but they seem to really hit you on the price. Is the motorcycle themed cruise offered by RCL anymore costly than just a regular RCL cruise?

We are currently booked on Explorer of the seas 11-23-07 for 9 days from Cape Liberty NJ, to Caribbean. Will this be some type of theme cruise?

I am looking to get information on how we can find out when the Theme cruises are, and what the exact theme is.

Being a Harley owner, this thread caught me eye. We have looked at booking on the hogs of the high seas cruise, which sails on RCL, but they seem to really hit you on the price. Is the motorcycle themed cruise offered by RCL anymore costly than just a regular RCL cruise?

We are currently booked on Explorer of the seas 11-23-07 for 9 days from Cape Liberty NJ, to Caribbean. Will this be some type of theme cruise?

The Hogs of the High Seas cruise does not let you take your motorcycle on board with you. Our cruise you have your bike to ride the islands. For more info check the web page I previously posted. It's just slightly more than booking as a regular passenger but that includes gassing up the bikes on port and some other perks.

Can't help you find out about theme cruises except to check the postings or check with the TA or the cruise line.

My wife and I are booked on the 2/10/07 cruise and looking forward to it. This will be my first time on a cruise, my wife has gone on several cruises. She has been trying to get me out on one and it has taken bringing our Harley aboard to get me to go. From what our friends have told us, it is a fantastic cruise. I look forward to booking the trip that stops in Bermuda if this one proves to be as great as it is being made out to be.

My wife and I are booked on the 2/10/07 cruise and looking forward to it. This will be my first time on a cruise, my wife has gone on several cruises. She has been trying to get me out on one and it has taken bringing our Harley aboard to get me to go. From what our friends have told us, it is a fantastic cruise. I look forward to booking the trip that stops in Bermuda if this one proves to be as great as it is being made out to be.

Hello Datacache!

I am sure you will love your first cruise. It's definitely the way to go. I just got back from Disney World with the family of 11. Thanksgiving and all that. I could have cruised twice for what it cost us to take them all. AND< I have blisters too!! Never got blisters on a cruise!!

I can't wait for this cruise in April 08. It will be awesome.

Where do you go in Feb 07?? Make sure you tell me all about it when you are back!!!!

Lynn

Fianally, another biker going with us. My boyfriend and I are also booked on 2/10/2007 the Navigator Cruise. We will be brining our Yamaha V-Stars. I am so excited that there is finally some one else out there going on this cruise and taking their bike with them.

Fianally, another biker going with us. My boyfriend and I are also booked on 2/10/2007 the Navigator Cruise. We will be brining our Yamaha V-Stars. I am so excited that there is finally some one else out there going on this cruise and taking their bike with them.

I see that there are only 5 bike slots left for your 2/10/07 cruise. Hummmmm, why don't you try calling the TA to see if they would give your email address to some of the other cruisers so you could get to know them before you sail?

We have done that for our sold out 4/2008 bike cruise. Now we are just waiting to hear from any of the ones we don't know. I would like to share this site with them so we could communicate before we sail.

Lynn

Sorry for the double post.

Have you stopped in at the regular roll call section for your cruise. There are people talking there and you could join them. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=307392&highlight=2%2F10%2F2007

Also, make sure you sign up for the Royal Caribbean official meet and mingle, you will get to meet other cruisers that are on the ship with you. That's in addition to the welcome parties that ETA provides.

Lynn

Thank you for all of the ideas for meeting other son our cruise. I have been lurking on the Roll Call board for that sailing and signed up last week for the Meet and Mingle. I am hoping to find others on this sailing. Perhaps anyone leaving from the North East, driving to Miami.

The 2/10/2007 sailing is on the Navigator and we are stopping st St. Thomas, St. Martin, San Juan, and Nassau.

Our itinery is the same as your but with Bermuda replacing Nassau.

Don't just lurk on the roll call, get in there and introduce yourself and start talking!! Make great new friends that way!!!

• 2 weeks later...

My wife will be riding on the back of ours, we are bringing our HD Ultra Classic.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello My wife and I are booked on the April 25th Explorer of the seas cruise too but we booked with RCL because I didn't know about ETA until reading your post and they look like they are sold out so the bike will be staying at home. What a fun way to cruise! We will see you on board but not on the road :(

Fred

Hello My wife and I are booked on the April 25th Explorer of the seas cruise too but we booked with RCL because I didn't know about ETA until reading your post and they look like they are sold out so the bike will be staying at home. What a fun way to cruise! We will see you on board but not on the road :(

Fred

Great to see you will be joining us! Maybe you could call the TA and have your name put on the waiting list. They told us there are also bikes available for rent. You could always have the booking transfered over to the TA so that you could join us!

There is also a roll call for this cruise that tons of people are posting on. A bunch of them have cruised together in the past so there is a lot of posts already. Come join us there. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=11340040&posted=1

Have you registed for the meet and mingle yet?? Make sure you do that too!

Thank you Inew1gd1

I think we are already registed for the meet and mingle. That is a good idea! We do not have the booking with a TA yet because we booked it on board last year and have not transferred it yet. I have been on the other board but could not keep up with it. We do 2-3 cruises a year and book out 2-3 years ahead so its hard to keep up with all the boards but that's a good problem to have :) I am going to call ETA today and see if they have a waiting list and how much more it would be to transfer the booking. We book early to get good rooms and rates.Do you know how much more it is to park with a trailer? we would need to trailer the bike becouse of our bags.(my wifes bags that is)

Fred

Thank you Inew1gd1

I think we are already registed for the meet and mingle. That is a good idea! We do not have the booking with a TA yet because we booked it on board last year and have not transferred it yet. I have been on the other board but could not keep up with it. We do 2-3 cruises a year and book out 2-3 years ahead so its hard to keep up with all the boards but that's a good problem to have :) I am going to call ETA today and see if they have a waiting list and how much more it would be to transfer the booking. We book early to get good rooms and rates.Do you know how much more it is to park with a trailer? we would need to trailer the bike becouse of our bags.(my wifes bags that is)

Fred

Oh yeah, 2 to 3 cruises a year with all the roll calls is a good problem to have! We try to do at least 2 a year. Haven't been able to squeeze in 3 a year because of my work restrictions.

The pier parking is $15.00 per day. We were told that they would not charge is any more for the 2 spots (trailer and car) by the TA but I find that hard to believe.

Hope you get to join us but if not, make sure you find us on the cruise so we can say hello and meet some new friends!!

Where do you live in NE?? We are from Pa.

Lynn

Well I called and got my name on the list. We are #2 now so you never know.

We live in Mansfield Ma that is just a couple exit's north of the RI line. We will be on the Explorer going out of NJ in Nov. so I will be checking out the parking then.

we are new riders and only got the bike 2 months ago but I ride it rain or shine every day and have over 4K on it already. By next April I should have over 10K and be ready to do the ride with no problem.I would also like to move up to a HD ultra classic so we can do longer rides. We have a Victory Kingpin now and I love it but after a hour of riding you feel it.

Fred

We live in Mansfield Ma that is just a couple exit's north of the RI line. We will be on the Explorer going out of NJ in Nov. so I will be checking out the parking then.

we are new riders and only got the bike 2 months ago but I ride it rain or shine every day and have over 4K on it already. By next April I should have over 10K and be ready to do the ride with no problem.I would also like to move up to a HD ultra classic so we can do longer rides. We have a Victory Kingpin now and I love it but after a hour of riding you feel it.

Fred

Fred,

Good luck, hope you make the group! It will be a blast.

I know what you mean about an hour on the bike and you feel it. We had an HD Electraglider Classic and loved it!! We rode all over, New England, Florida--you name it. Super comfortable. In April my DH decided to trade down to a Heritage Softail (his favorite bike) and I hate it. I can only ride with him about 50 miles and everything hurts!

Only good thing that came out of it is that I will be getting my own bike in spring now. If I can't ride in comfort I will ride alone!!! I will still ride with him on the cruise though. Someone has to take pictures! LOL My sacrifice for the cruise. But, believe me, he will pay for it. $$$$$$$$$ Better not say no to anything I want to buy.....hehehehehe

Keep us informed about your status for the cruise. I bet that there will be openings once final payment is due.

Fred

Hope you succeed with ETA getting on that cruise. My wife and I have done the cruise twice and will be doing the 12 night out of New Jersey in January. Saw that you are from Mansfield. We are a few towns over.

If you would like any info on the ETA cruise you can e-mail me at MSG6567@AOL. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have about the cruise. It really is a good time.

Ed

Archived