I am not pleased with my TA WHAT can I do ???

our TA that we used for several years has retired she was wonderful

her replacement was great friendly supportive with any of my ideas, and just as wonderful as our friend who was our first TA

well this replacement TA left sometime during this past year and our file has gone to this snippy abrupt female

my first impression of her was that even tho she seemed friendly her speciality seemed to be europe and land holidays

we gave her a fair chance this week I went to the TA office and twice and sent my DH once,

the TA 's partner whom I spoke to and who was nice, said wednesday she couldnt find our b2b January crusie on her computer but said dont worry she would check it out in the morning

by the time I arrived home I was upset what the F our b2b crusie we booked while on our last crusie is gone so would be our two 100 room credits GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

yesterday thursday DH spoke with her she seemed abrupt not overly friendly and not really helpful

I went on my own aftger work and dropped by after seeing my oncolugist (cancer free 1 year now) Yahooooo

TA was on the phone so I stood back and said I would wait until she was done her call, I had thought it could be another TA client booking a vacation, so she then spoke in another language and said her good byee I think, as I couldnt understand the language

we had been asking if they could assist in booking Amtrak for us from Vancouver bc to Los Angles she said she wasnt ready for us

I have dropped by Ta in Past when I was in the area, never was a problem there before they were always friendly and supportive, not this TA

she said she could only booked AMtrax for us but would cost twice the price I have been quoted many times on the Amtrax Net site, she then flippantly said she has been a TA for many years and know how much Amtrak costs for the trip I wanted to try, on the web site I had a price for 2 persons including a roomate both ways for 838 us dollars she said it would be at least 2000

then she saide how much she could book a flight for us, I said I saw on RCCL site when I tried to book a cruise this week (just to see the price) with flight that the flight for two was 818 CAD and as Crown and anchor members Platimun (Diamond as of Feb 11) we would be able to use custom air for a half decent time

she said she could not even try for that price I quoted

I

she never said she would try Amtrak web site to see what she could do but did say she would call RCCL in the morning

is she trying to get us the hisgest cost transportation to up her commission ?

I do like her unfriendly flippant abrup atitude but have dealt with this TA agent company for many years with no problem til now what is the best route for us to take to handle this ??

I would like to write a letter the the manager saying I want a different TA and not her she is not friendly or supportive and I do not like her abrupt flippant atitude and her saying cause she a TA of many years that she knows it all and like I dont

I research this site as well as Amtrak and otehrs regularly yes addicted lol

Many friends sound like better TA's than this jerk. So send C&A, if you are a member, an email to remove this agenct from your file. Tell them the name & address of the new one you like. If you have none then tell them you'll book with them.

OR go to the web site & see the square advertising their agents. Call the number in the ad NOW.

Good luck, you got me for any other help. I hate when folks are ripped off.

Many friends sound like better TA's than this jerk. So send C&A, if you are a member, an email to remove this agenct from your file. Tell them the name & address of the new one you like. If you have none then tell them you'll book with them.

OR go to the web site & see the square advertising their agents. Call the number in the ad NOW.

Good luck, you got me for any other help. I hate when folks are ripped off.

The booking agency would have to give up or transfer the booking as they own it. RCI will not get involved in this over someone not liking their TA.

To the OP, I would call the owner of the agency and tell him/her that you are very unhappy with the service that you are receiving thus far from your new agent and ask him to move your booking to another agent or that you want to transfer to an entirely new agency. My bet is this person will work with you.

Just a warning that the Amtrak train is ALWAYS late. We took the Coast Starlight from LA to Seattle this summer and last summer. Great scenery but it was 12 hours late to Seattle last year and 12 hours late to LA this year.

Definately plan to arrive a day before your cruise!!!

Caly

Can't do that. The OP doesn't own the booking. The TA does and they are the only ones that can release it. I would request that the booking be turned over to Royal Caribbean immediately. This can only be done as long as final payment has not been made. The TA wont be happy, but insist and tell them why.

I am sorry to hear of your problems. I would ask to speak to the manager of the agency and explain what you have said here...Explain that either you would like a different TA or you would like the booking transferred to the cruiseline. As a cutomer you should not be being treated this way.

I will when I have a moment call form work

I sent that email in a rush before I left for work

then DH edit since Crusie Critic doesnt have spell check and lol our key board i key stopped working so we have been using the keyboard that came with our computer its too small but works til we get to buy one we I like

I will call the manager and maybe even print and fax what I wrote here but add in the names of the TA's

I appreciate

as it was wednesday I went home all upset thinking no crusie for January / February and no room credit that we got for booking while on the ship

that was stressful enough never mind saying I was wrong with Amtrak prices on the net and what she can get for me and she didnt seem to be even try to check it out

in the past the TA did check things for me

we prefer to use a TA then book online then we have a person to call when there is a problem but lol we have never had a problem in the past

My dh called me at work he has checked out Amtrak

and he has booked it for 791.80 with our BCAA bc Canada versian of AAA for the AAA discount then in to Canadian dollars its 905

not 2000 what the TA told me yesterday and thats with a room to sleep in

and AMtrak gets us a discount with some hotels as well since we booked with them and yes we arrive the friday night at midnight so if runs late is ok as cruise is on sunday

SilverVal, I was going to suggest you book your own train, but it looks like your DH has done that for you. Anything you can look up yourself and book is better than a TA. The exception would be the cruise itself, a great TA can make a difference there.

I do all our own bookings for everything anymore, air, cruise, travel insurance, hotel, we use cabs (no cruiseline transfers for us) or shuttles.

If you cannot switch this booking to another travel agent (cancel and re-book) you might be stuck with her for the duration. I'd suggest you stop having communication with her except for the bare minimum requirements. If you have your reservation number, you can check your reservation on the RCCL site, you won't be able to make changes, but at least you can make sure it is there.

There is no way you can stop her attitude, but you don't have to have contact with her, either. Make sure you go online, again to the RCCL site, and fill in your forms before you make final payment!

Have a great cruise and I hope you continue on with your good health :)

Your TA sounds like she is not appreciative of your business. Talk to the manager and if she is not helpful, then switch agencies. A good TA is worth their weight in gold. You might want to call other agencies and ask for the name of the TA you loved. You might just find her!

our TA that we used for several years has retired she was wonderful

her replacement was great friendly supportive with any of my ideas, and just as wonderful as our friend who was our first TA

well this replacement TA left sometime during this past year and our file has gone to this snippy abrupt female

my first impression of her was that even tho she seemed friendly her speciality seemed to be europe and land holidays

we gave her a fair chance this week I went to the TA office and twice and sent my DH once,

the TA 's partner whom I spoke to and who was nice, said wednesday she couldnt find our b2b January crusie on her computer but said dont worry she would check it out in the morning

by the time I arrived home I was upset what the F our b2b crusie we booked while on our last crusie is gone so would be our two 100 room credits GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

yesterday thursday DH spoke with her she seemed abrupt not overly friendly and not really helpful

I went on my own aftger work and dropped by after seeing my oncolugist (cancer free 1 year now) Yahooooo

TA was on the phone so I stood back and said I would wait until she was done her call, I had thought it could be another TA client booking a vacation, so she then spoke in another language and said her good byee I think, as I couldnt understand the language

we had been asking if they could assist in booking Amtrak for us from Vancouver bc to Los Angles she said she wasnt ready for us

I have dropped by Ta in Past when I was in the area, never was a problem there before they were always friendly and supportive, not this TA

she said she could only booked AMtrax for us but would cost twice the price I have been quoted many times on the Amtrax Net site, she then flippantly said she has been a TA for many years and know how much Amtrak costs for the trip I wanted to try, on the web site I had a price for 2 persons including a roomate both ways for 838 us dollars she said it would be at least 2000

then she saide how much she could book a flight for us, I said I saw on RCCL site when I tried to book a cruise this week (just to see the price) with flight that the flight for two was 818 CAD and as Crown and anchor members Platimun (Diamond as of Feb 11) we would be able to use custom air for a half decent time

she said she could not even try for that price I quoted

I

she never said she would try Amtrak web site to see what she could do but did say she would call RCCL in the morning

is she trying to get us the hisgest cost transportation to up her commission ?

I do like her unfriendly flippant abrup atitude but have dealt with this TA agent company for many years with no problem til now what is the best route for us to take to handle this ??

I would like to write a letter the the manager saying I want a different TA and not her she is not friendly or supportive and I do not like her abrupt flippant atitude and her saying cause she a TA of many years that she knows it all and like I dont

I research this site as well as Amtrak and otehrs regularly yes addicted lol

Cutting to the chase. . . .

A TA is your agent, in other words they work for you. You can fire them or switch agents any time you want. Your only obligation is to pay them the fair value of the work they have done for you.

If you don't like this TA, simply switch and tell her to transfer your cruise to the TA of your choice. Since you booked while on the ship I cannot imagine that it would cost you any more than the fee that the agency charges if you cancel a trip that they booked. (In our area it is about $50 pp).

BTW the TA cannot refuse to transfer the booking to whomever you designate all they can do is charge you for their services.

I went today to BCAA s 50 th anniversary and as soon as i walked in the door I felt really nervous and anxious I couldnt complain if my life depended upon it this lady came over and asked if we needed any assistance I said I'd like to speak to the manager, she said she was the manager of the travel agent side

I said I had a complaint, I explained it to her breifly, and said my hubby wanted to change agency he knows its hard for me to complain as well but I was not staying with this lady and wanted a choice and someone I could talk to, I gave her a printed copy of what I wrote here, and a fw other people's answers

she said if we changed agencies we may lose our booking etc, (now I was still feeling nervous even so this manager was nice, I hate to complain, and told her that), but after I left I remembered what someone here said we wouldnt lose our booking as I would have personally called RCCL and told them what happen, we could have then dealt with RCCL

The travel manager said she would get someone else to be our TA and that person would call me on tuesday,

I remained calm and quiet, sometimes its easier to move agencies tehn to complain but we have dealth with this agency for many years and its close to home, so I thought best to deal with it then go someone where else or through RCCL if we did not or could not change TA's but we did, the agency will assist us in booking a hotel

but the Amtrak my hubby booked on the phone and for more then half what that TA said ti was.

my husband told the manager this is like ahobby that I am on cruise critic and other sites alot so am well informed and know what I am talking about,

smiles now Im taking grandson swimming and to a movie thanksssssssssssssss

Archived