Best cruise for young lovers?

Alaska Boo

I agree that Princess or Royal Caribbean would be better for a younger couple. We are in our mid forties and went on our first Celebrity cruise and felt is was a much older group than what we were looking for (were on Mercury to Alaska). Although we had a nice time, Princess and RCL had more activites and people in our own age group.

We have been on both the Diamond and Sapphire and love the ships. We were also on the Radiance and thought she was a beautiful ship.

I don't think we get to decide when we will give them a wedding. He has to give her the ring first. I know it is somewhat "modern" to give a cruise to an unmarried couple, and we have thought about that. But I come down on the side of being a realist, and encouraging an honest and open attitude about sex for my daughter. That way, if she has a problem that I might be able to advise her on, she will feel comfortable asking me. It really is just a change of venue. They practically live together now. Am I supposed to pretend that isn't happening? I don't think I would be very good at that. I respect the other point of view, but the decision of whether she and her boyfriend are going to have premarital sex has been made, by them. I don't see giving them a cruise as further corruption of their morals.

Thanks for the advice, guys. I agree, Princess or RCI for now, X for later, when their tastes mellow and are more refined.

Vanessa

I will not be judgemental in this. If you give them a cruise it is your business not anyone here on the boards. I gave my son and his bride a Royal Carriblean cruise for their wedding present. A balcony and they loved it. Both were in their mid 20's and this was after college. They cruised once again on their own money and now they have two little ones and want to wait a while before they try it again. Even if your daughter and her boyfriend are not party people, they may not be ready to be with a mature crowd that Celebrity attracts. Notice I said mature not old because I love Celebrity and I am definitely not old.:) Pat

I will not be judgemental in this. If you give them a cruise it is your business not anyone here on the boards. I gave my son and his bride a Royal Carriblean cruise for their wedding present. A balcony and they loved it. Both were in their mid 20's and this was after college. They cruised once again on their own money and now they have two little ones and want to wait a while before they try it again. Even if your daughter and her boyfriend are not party people, they may not be ready to be with a mature crowd that Celebrity attracts. Notice I said mature not old because I love Celebrity and I am definitely not old.:) Pat

My wife and I did a x cruise for our honeymoon as well last June. She is 25 me a little older:) Granted it was a 2 week cruise and there were MUCH more "experienced" people on board, but it didn't really bother us all that much. It was actually a lot of fun with the older crowd, especially since neither her or I are big party people. I think maybe 2 or 3 drinks a piece the whole time on board. It's all what you make and the mate you're with that matters when making a cruise fun and romantic. If they like to get dressed up and have a scheduled dinner time, X is the way to go. We actually prefer the more formal atitude that make the cruise experience much more fun (side note: too bad some of our fellow crusiers felt differently but we'll save that for another board topic).

It will make a GREAT gift no matter what line you deceide to send them on.

Archived