Luggage delivery to your room

This is our 1st time on The Explorer of the Seas. Approximately what time do the bags get delivered to the rooms on boarding day. We have the 8:30 dinner and I'm sure we'll have them before then. Thought I'd also check my carry on with the porter so I can explore the ship & have lunch without dragging it around and thought "I hope I have it before dinner". So does anyone have the approximate time for all the bags to arrive.

Thank you.

As mentioned in previous post--hard to say. On last cruise, we boarded at Noon and had our bags by 2:30-3:00pm. On cruise before that,with boarding again approximately noon, received bags about 8pm--a quick change for our second seating.

If you are boarding early, it's usually time for lunch anyway so we get lunch, and then usually our cabin is available after lunch to stow the carry ons.

Keep your valuables, cameras, ID and medicines with you no matter what!

The one and only time on 4 cruises I've worn shorts to the dining room was our first night last year on Mariner. We boarded late due to the cruise before us making an emergency stop in Miami on their way home and we had not one piece of luggage at 6:00 p.m. (we had checked in at 10:30 a.m.). I think by 8:30 or so we had it all when we got back from dinner.

Because of the late boarding there were a ton of people in the same boat (haha) and I didn't feel too badly.

I've never had my luggage arrive super early (have always been to the port super early tho, so I think the early stuff seems to get stuck on the bottom of the stack and delivered later?)

Thanks for all the quick responses. Guess it could arrive quick or late, all depends.

Does your level in the Crown & Anchor have anything to do with delivery time. We are Diamond, would that speed it up any?

Guess I'll keep my carry on with me just in case!

Thanks for all the quick responses. Guess it could arrive quick or late, all depends.

Does your level in the Crown & Anchor have anything to do with delivery time. We are Diamond, would that speed it up any?

Guess I'll keep my carry on with me just in case!

Your C&A level has nothing to do with when your luggage is delivered. All luggage goes into the same bins before delivery to the ship.

I suggest that you keep your carryons with you just in case there is a problem with your luggage. We always pack an extra change of clothing, bathing suits and valuables in our carryons.

I'll repack tomorrow, will follow everyones suggestions and pack a casual outfit for dinner just in case. I like to be prepared, so thanks everyone. You were all a big help. Not sailing on RC before, I had no idea on what to expect.

Meyer4two:

I bought one of those little roller cart things that fold up to put my carry on bags on. it was about $20 at walmart. What a lifesave it's been. No more lugging carryons....Plus, I like to bring my own pillow, and also carry on my change of clothes for dinner.

But something happened on our last cruise in April that's never happened before, and I really freaked out. We had our luggage delivered when we got back from lunch and exploring, all EXECPT my largest suitcase. I really freaked out. I went up and down the hall looking for it and even in the midway section that workers bring luggage up on back elevators. No where. YIKES. Well, when we got back from sail away, there it was.

Sooooooo the moral of this story is:

Your luggage might not all be delivered at the same time. Don't panic:eek:

like I did. It will find you.

But never ever give your carry on to the luggage handlers at the Port. "That's why it's called a carry on, because you carry all your valuables in it."

Pat

Thanks Pat...

Your exactly right about not giving the porters the carry on. I just thought for once I wouldn't drag it around while trying to do lunch, walk around hands free. Hey, thats why its called a carry on, right?

I'll put my DH dinner clothes in it and mine just in case we don't see the other bags till bedtime, haha.

So I'll be the one at the buffet with a carry-on on wheels, camera bag, purse, my DH with a backpack trying to carry two plates of food. But we'll manage. Was just trying to make life simple by checking it ALL.

IF you want you luggage quicker you can get it yourself. They bring the luggage up an elevator to your specific deck, there it is put in a pile. One by one someone has to take it to each room. If noone is available for whatever reason the luggage sits in a pile. Several times I have walked to the pile and picked mine out and taken it my room, no questions asked. I am not saying I agree with it but I can guarantee you if it gets close to dinner I will get my suitcase.

Archived