Questions for recent Star cruisers

Angelcreek

We are going on the Star in 4 weeks and I still had a few questions that hadn't been covered on recent postings. If anyone who has cruised her in the last month or two could help me, it would be appreciated!:)

Were the waterslides open? If so, when?

How early were the hot tubs open?

Was there a half price night at any specialty restaurants?

Was the Biergarten open much? If so, was the viewing good up there?

Any NFL games shown? If so, where?

What specialty restaurant can you choose your own "LIVE" lobster? (the teens really want to do this, but the menus are kind of vague on the "live" part)

Is there still a charge to use the spa pool and hot tubs, etc.?

Was there a Murder Mystery dinner? If so, what night?

Do they still make popcorn for the movies?

WHEW! I suppose that is enough for now.:D

Thanks to all for taking the time to respond!:p

Hello, we sailed 7/30 to 8/6. I can answer a few of your questions.

The water slides were open Monday through Friday. For some reason the pools were closed on Saturday and that happneded to be our warmest day of the cruise.

I believe that the spas opened around 8 am. One of the bars seemed to always have ESPN playing. The only charge for the pool, is for the one located in the spa.

Yes, there is a Murder Mystery dinner, however, I do not recall which night. Yes, popcorn for the movies.

Hope that helps. Have fun.

Hi there, just got back this morning (8/20) from our cruise on the Star. Pool slides were generally open noon to 5 p.m. and we thought the pool was fabulous. Hot tubs adjacent to the pool were open by 9 a.m. every day; quite possibly earlier. Be sure to check out the "secret" hot tub at the front (level 12 or 13?)...much larger and a world class view! This is located near the Bier Garten which we did not visit until day 5 or so but should have been hanging around in much sooner and more often. Incredible view and very nice bartender. I did not see any NFL on TV and some in our party were disappointed at the very limited TV programming all over the ship, especially sports programming. I only stopped into the movie theater once and they did have popcorn. Don't miss dinner at Le Bistro and Cagney's. Enjoy!

Thanks for the replies everyone! Any info at all helps! The kids and DH have been hoping that the waterslides will be open some of the time at least. They don't even care if it is snowing.....they're crazy!!!!:eek: :D (but that's why I love 'em)

Soho does serve live lobsters, you choose the lobster you want and they cook it for you. The slides were opened on Sat also. We watched the kids slide down from the Star bar. A couple of classes I remember were the towel animals and flower making. Murder Mystery if I remember was a Thur night and you had to sign up the day before for it. ESPN was on with baseball but I did not see any NFL games. Hope this helps. We were on the 8/13-8/20 cruise.

These replies have been great! Thanks again for all the info!

dwrist, did you have a good time on the Star? I see that you just got back!!:D

We had a great time. We have decided to cruise to Alaska again and it will be on the Star. The crew is great, friendly and always saying good morning and how are you thing. The scenery was so beautiful and breath taking. Have a great time on yours.:)

marysb--make sure to read the Dailys, they will explain when to sign up for the Murder Mystery and when it takes place.

Just got back from the same cruise as drist. There were NO half price dinneer specials at the pay restaurants. The mystery dinner was on the evening we were in Skagway. Many people who wanted to attend coud not because they had previously booked tours in Skagway that got back too late. For the dinner you had to meet at 5PM and many afternoon tours got back at 5:30 or later.

Just got back from the same cruise as dwrist. There were NO half price dinner specials at the pay restaurants. The mystery dinner was on the evening we were in Skagway. Many people who wanted to attend coud not because they had previously booked tours in Skagway that got back too late. For the dinner you had to meet at 5PM and many afternoon tours got back at 5:30 or later. The dinner was held in the main dining rooms. They let only120 people sign up. It was more like a "murder" parlor game NOT a show. The diners participated.

Archived