The LAST balcony cabin in the back-NOT AFT!

I've been a good girl and seached the forums first...ALL OF THEM! I even looked at different photograph sites that might have shown what I am looking for...

Has ANYONE seen the room and balcony for the last outside cabins in back of the ship on the upper decks(ex. room 1374, 10th deck of the Explorer)?

I assumed when booking that it would be like any normal balcony (D1) but looking at the deck plans, there's this HUGE blank space and now I'm wondering if something is there:confused: or the room is compromised at all. We actually do spend quite a bit of time on our balcony. :o

My RCCL "certified vacation planner" is useless. Other RCCL planners can only guess that it's a normal room and balcony backed up against some sort of storage???

SOMEONE here has had to have cruised in a similar cabin before? Any info would be GREATLY appreciated!

I had no problems with our cabin. The only thing I thought might be a problem was the window washer looked to be just outside our cabin but it was never a problem because it was never there. It was pretty cool that it had a little side area that you could look out behind the ship instead of just off to the side. Other than that I would say it was the same as you'd find any other D-1.

We are staying in the same type cabin next month but on the total opposite end of the ship. This time we will look for forward.

OH, yeah and the Windjammer was only one flight of steps up from the back. That was great. Also it was nice only having one neighbor to contend with.

I can scan a picture of the balcony if you would like. Just give me your e-mail.

Also it was nice only having one neighbor to contend with.

I can scan a picture of the balcony if you would like. Just give me your e-mail.

You're awesome! That's EXACTLY what I'm looking for. Glad the room is the same, and I agree about only contending with one neighbour! I'm thrilled that I can look around and see the AFT view as well. :) I was just happy to be reassured that I WOULD'NT hear or see the Winjammer guests!

I'm at cocteau@comcast.net :D

You may feel more motion there than you would in a more central location. (We had that room on Brilliance--I know, different ship, but not THAT different!!!) Instead of a soothing motion, it was much more erratic. Didn't bother me 90% of the time, but when I tried to fall asleep, it didn't "lull" me, it rather annoyed me! Other than that, it was a great JS.

Wishtdream-your sprog is so adorable I could just gobble her up! Thank you for the lovely pics, the room looks just peachy (no suite for us yet....but one of these days!). How did you find the balcony to be? Like 39august, were you able to see the wake as well? No hindrances?

Thanks again for the sweet pictures, and the smile they gave us!:D

Brittgrrl

What is a sprog?

The balcony was nice with a great view I looked through my pics again to see if I had any shots with that angle but I don't I'm sorry.

The cabin is in a great location a very quiet area the dead space you mention is a store-room and the corridor leading to aft cabin 1388.

We liked this room very much but for our upcoming 10-06 Explorer cruise we will be in 1688:) how we got that lucky I just don't know.

I just got back from the 8/13 AOS sailing and I had that exact cabin (1374) and to me, the cabin felt a bit more narrow. On AOS there wasn't a side area where an individual can look out behind the ship, it was just the side of the ship. Also, I definitely felt way more motion being in the back as oppose to mid-ship. It was more annoying than soothing. I've sailed twice prior to this cruise and always stayed mid-ship, this could be the reason why I noticed it more. One of the great points of this cabin is that you only have one neighbor and it's a nice walk to get to the nearest staircase. Helps burn off those calories. By the way, sometimes at night you can hear "thumps" here and there and during the sail away parties/midnight buffet, you can hear music from the deck above if your balcony is open.

• 3 weeks later...

Ugh, the narrow bit and the noise aren't great news. But the worst cruise is still fabulous, so I shouldn't fret over the minute things...

Thank you very kindly for the feedback though!

I just got back from the 8/13 AOS sailing and I had that exact cabin (1374) and to me, the cabin felt a bit more narrow. On AOS there wasn't a side area where an individual can look out behind the ship, it was just the side of the ship. Also, I definitely felt way more motion being in the back as oppose to mid-ship. It was more annoying than soothing. I've sailed twice prior to this cruise and always stayed mid-ship, this could be the reason why I noticed it more. One of the great points of this cabin is that you only have one neighbor and it's a nice walk to get to the nearest staircase. Helps burn off those calories. By the way, sometimes at night you can hear "thumps" here and there and during the sail away parties/midnight buffet, you can hear music from the deck above if your balcony is open.

Archived