Brilliance or Jewel - Cabin 9256 or 1104?

tomko2

Help needed on picking one of the above (or something better in the D1 class of cabins). Is the balcony of Cabin 9256 as big as it looks? Does either get more sun? Any advice or comments gladly accepted.

Many thanks

I can't compare the two, but we had 9256 on the Serenade last year and absolutely loved it. In fact, I have booked the same cabin on the Radiance in Dec. I think 1104 is just above. The only problem you might have with that choice is that the Windjammer is directly above you....possibility of more noise. Our cabin and balcony were very quiet. And yes, it is a very large balcony. Rather odd shaped, but I liked it because you could get far enough around the side for a better view. We had room for two lounge chairs, two regular chairs and a small round table...still room to walk around.

Many thanks for the advice. We took your advice and just booked 9256 on Jewel for January 06.

We were too late for an aft cabin on our upcoming cruise on Brilliance - Jan. 05 however we have a good location on the ninth deck.

Happy cruising.

I hope you will love this cabin as much as we did. Even though there is a long walk to the back from the elevators, we didn't mind becaue we needed to walk off some of the food we ate! Enjoy and have a wonderful cruise(s).

Hello Tomko2:

We had Cabin 1100 on the Jewel, which is right above 9256. We had no noise from the Windjammer at all since it is the outside area of the Windjammer which most people don't use anyway except for picture taking, etc.

The biggest noise you will hear in the aft cabins, is the ship powering up and down and adjusting directions during the time while at sea or porting. It is nothing too big, but you will hear it. Most mornings, it woke us up and indicated that we were "in port"! Not a bad alarm for shore excursions.

We love the aft cabins, and I'm sure whatever you chose, you'll love it!

Thanks for the info about the Windjammer and engine noise - it is so much better to expect something rather than hear noise and be startled. We are so happy to have booked an aft cabin. My excitement was contagious - as soon as I told my sister, she and her husband booked the aft cabin beside us!

Did you enjoy the Jewel? We are sailing on the Brilliance next winter which I imagine is very similar. Last time we cruised was 1999 on the Splendor, I imagine there have been lots of changes since then.

Cheers

• 2 months later...

Thank you so much for the info on this cabin. We have it booked for the Westbound TransAtlantic next year. This will be our first RCL cruise on the Radiance class and are really looking forward to it. We just did the TA on Celebrity with an Aft and are totally spoiled now.

We just got off Radiance, where we had 1100. We did hear some noise in the middle of the night as the ship changed direction, slowed down, etc. Not enough to keep us awake. If you are standing at the rail, anybody standing at the rail of the Windjammer will be able to see your head & shoulders, but the balcony is very deep, so you can sit out on one of the loungers in total privacy (unless your neighbors peek around the divider).

The staircase on the side is for emergency use only. We never heard any noise coming from it.

The cabin itself is awesome - queen or twin config on the bed, convertible sofa, coffee table, comfy chair w/ottoman, walk-in closet. You'll love it!

Archived