New Orleans Airport Shuttle

trouble48746

• 3 weeks later...

The "New Orleans Airport Shuttle" is owned and operated by "New Orleans Tours, Inc." Their rate is $13/person to/from the airport/hotel. It's not a bad deal if you're riding alone. You shouldn't have to wait too long to ride from the airport to the hotel, but beware, if you're coming from your hotel back to the airport...you'll get picked up anywhere from 2-3 hours BEFORE your flight time. You'll also have to stop at other hotels and what not on your travels.

Taxi cab current rates right now are $28.00 for up to two people (to/from airport) or $12.00 per person for three or more passengers. Tehcnically, by law (unless it's recently changed), they are only supposed to take 5 people, but the ones with vans and what not often take more.

The shuttle is very dependable, they guarntee you will make your flight. If you miss it, they're forced to foot the bill. They're usually at your hotel to pick you up within 5-10min of their target time. Taxis are also reliable. Most hotels have a cab stand in front of them, or nearby, if you're leaving in the mornings they are usually out there hunting for business. :)

Hope this helps,

Right now I'm working on confirming a limo (luxury car) for both pre and post cruise. Believe it or not it is working out to be the best value. I'm trying to budget and go for convenience. I'll post back when my reservation is complete.

• 1 month later...

I know I can get from the airport to my pre-cruise hotel and from there to the cruise port. But, how do I get back to the airport after the cruise? Should I take the Carnival bus? Or will the taxis and airport shuttles be waiting at the terminal, also?

My experience is that the Carnival bus is more expensive than other modes, but this wil be the first cruise where I'm going straight back to the airport without having the cruise ship transportation arranged in advance. We usually stay post-cruise and leave the port to get a rental car.

• 3 months later...

We used this company last week when we were on the Norwegian Dream.

When we landed in New Orleans, we found their ticket booth to be adjacent to the baggage claim area of the terminal. We purchased a Round-Trip ticket, all we had to do was call them 24 hours in advance of when we wanted to be picked up from our hotel to return to the aiport.

After, buying our ticket we had to stand in line at the pick up point for 45 minutes before we were finally able to get on a van. It wasn't due to lack of riders, I would say there were at least 50 people standing in line with us waiting for the vans to come. The problem was that a van would only show up every 15 minutes, and they were only able to take 10 people at a time. There was alot of complaining and restlestness from people and I actually saw a couple of people return into the baggage claim area and get their money back. It was even more disconcerning when we watched people literally walking out of baggage claim and getting directly into Taxi's with no waiting. Seriously, we could have been to our hotel if we had taken a Taxi before we even boarded a van at the Airport.

Finally a van arrived for us and 10 of us were crammed onto a van for the trip into the city. The trip went quickly and our driver was very nice and informative about the city. Luckily we were the first group to get dropped off (JW Mariott), so that was nice.

After our cruise, we spent two days in N.O. and we stayed at the Sheraton this time. We called to set up our return trip and that went smoothly. Be aware that you don't tell them what time you want to be picked up, they tell you. They will ask what time your flight is, then they will tell you what time you will be picked up. Our flight was at 7:30 AM, so our pickup time was 5:15 AM. We were in the lobby of the hotel by 5:00 AM and the van arrived at 5:05. We were the second pickup of the morning and the driver had three more pickups before we could continue to the airport. The pickups were actually very close to our hotel, and everyone was ready to go when we got there, so this went pretty quick. There were 9 of us in the van for the return trip to the airport, and I believe that we were in the termnal by 6:15 AM at the latest.

I did notice that when we disembarked from the Norwegian Dream that Airport Shuttle had a designated pickup point marked at the pier, so it appears that they do pickup and drop off at the cruise terminals.

Archived