Enchantment Expansion?

Hi Everyone,

After reading the review of the Enchantment, I'm curious to find out which rooms are the new rooms on the ship. Does anyone have a reference to help me figure this out? Thanks in advance for your help.

Jenni

Guest LetMeGo

Hi!

I don't think there's an easy way to know which cabins are new on the ship, unless you have a fairly good knowledge of the ship beforehand... The good thing is that all the cabins should have been upgraded at the same time, so they should be in equal condition. :D

Looking at the new deck plans, on deck 8 it's fairly easy to see the section of cabins numbered between 8068 and 8082 are of a different grade than the others... That's the slice which was added.

On the lower decks it gets a bit trickier, and you can try to estimate which part of the ship has been added by examining the "before and after" deck plans. You have to manually count the number of cabins in the central blocks. I would say that the sections of added cabins on the other decks are between cabins 7068-7082, 4064-4080, 3064-3080 and 2064-2080.

Guest LetMeGo

Maybe somebody wants to sail on all the RCCL ships?

The lenghtening was considered a new "ship" by the shipyard project numbering, and I suppose some people might consider the same. :D

Theoretically speaking there are some slight differences between the extension and other parts of the ship. The cabins themselves are obviously several years newer, and therefore the walls and plumbing e.g. are at least theoretically in better condition.

The electrical systems have also gone through some slight improvements over the years, and all the installations are done according to the newer regulations. Under regular circumstances everything works just as well for the passengers, but problems are slightly easier to fix with new installations.

I don't remember much about the spesifics of the systems, but I seem to recall that the fire alarm requirements have been tightened in the past few years, and the new section was built according to the updated rules.

I think one of the additions in the new rules is the low location lighting... I don't know if it was added into everywhere aboard the ship (I think it wasn't), but the new section should have led lights circling the corridor walls in a height of few inches, to help moving if the corridors are filled with smoke.

I am attaching a link to the Enchantments rebuilding, if you look at a deck plan on deck four the section that they incerted is behind the pursers desk area, the first set of rooms that are behind that section.

http://www.aadhoogesteger.nl/cruiseschepen/verlengingenchantmentoftheseas.html

my friends from work are sailing on her in a couple of weeks

enjoy your cruising

Brian J

Archived