Has anyone purchased the $79 Anniversary Package?

Kay240

I found what appeared to be a real good deal; wine, strawberries, hors d'oerves, dinner at the French Restaurant (with more wine) and a photo. Is there anyone out there who has purchased it? Are these full size bottles of wine? How many strawberries and hors d'oerves? Is there a choice in the type of hors d'oerve or is there more than one variety served? If I remember correctly, there was a similar package on Royal Caribbean for $79, but it included alot less, so I'm looking for a "loop hole" for NCl. ;)

I found what appeared to be a real good deal; wine, strawberries, hors d'oerves, dinner at the French Restaurant (with more wine) and a photo. Is there anyone out there who has purchased it? Are these full size bottles of wine? How many strawberries and hors d'oerves? Is there a choice in the type of hors d'oerve or is there more than one variety served? If I remember correctly, there was a similar package on Royal Caribbean for $79, but it included alot less, so I'm looking for a "loop hole" for NCl. ;)

This has been discussed on the boards many times, you can try the search button for lots of information to read.

This is a great bargain. The bottles are full size, and they will give you about ( don't remember exact amount) a $20 credit towards a more expensive bottle of wine if you want to upgrade it. Photo is a 5 x 7 which is taken at the anniversary cake party......or a credit amount on any other photo. Probably 6 - 8 strawberries on the plate. The hors d'oevers was a plate with 6 -8 and I believe there were a couple types on the plate....I've heard others that just request a cheese plate instead of the hors d'oevers.

We've purchased the package about 8 times now, and enjoy it each time. The package doesn't mention the little cake that you get in Le Bistro as they sing to you.......they will package the cake up and send it up to your cabin if you want to enjoy their dessert menu. The chocolate fondue is a must have in Le Bistro.

We bought it for my parents on the July 30th sailing. I thought it was a very good deal. You get a bottle of Champaign on sail day, along with I think it was four, but may have been six strawberries dipped in chocolate, half white, half milk. You also got eight Canapés delivered on Thursday to your cabin. There are four different kinds, I think it was caviar, presuto ham, shrimp, and pate'. At dinner, you also get another bottle of wine. My parent celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary on-board, and really thought it was a nice surprise when they got to the cabin.

This has been discussed on the boards many times, you can try the search button for lots of information to read.

This is a great bargain. The bottles are full size, and they will give you about ( don't remember exact amount) a $20 credit towards a more expensive bottle of wine if you want to upgrade it. Photo is a 5 x 7 which is taken at the anniversary cake party......or a credit amount on any other photo. Probably 6 - 8 strawberries on the plate. The hors d'oevers was a plate with 6 -8 and I believe there were a couple types on the plate....I've heard others that just request a cheese plate instead of the hors d'oevers.

We've purchased the package about 8 times now, and enjoy it each time. The package doesn't mention the little cake that you get in Le Bistro as they sing to you.......they will package the cake up and send it up to your cabin if you want to enjoy their dessert menu. The chocolate fondue is a must have in Le Bistro.

I'm glad it you liked it so much to re-oder it!:) I odered it for our honeymoon coming this October.:D

Would it be wrong to order this if it wasn't your anniversary? Sounds like a good deal no matter how you look at it.

We're getting what seems to be the same thing for our honeymoon. Immargaret apparently got it 8 times now! Now that's what I call a good endorsement!!!:D

Would it be wrong to order this if it wasn't your anniversary? Sounds like a good deal no matter how you look at it.

We ordered the anniversary package on our last Dawn cruise and it was not our anniversary and we are not even married......we thoroughly enjoyed it and will purchase it again for our 2007 cruise! Why not.....it's a great deal! As posted previously by someone else, definitely take the cake from Le Bistro back to your room with you and order the chocolate fondue for dessert! Delic! Enjoy!

We will be on the Majesty for our anniversary next week and I ordered the Deluxe Honeymoon/anniversary package....We had it last year too. Not too many couples showed up for the party, I think there were about 6 couples. But it was cute....That is where they took the picture. Ours was very dark, but its nice to have considering I am too cheap to buy any of the pictures.

I've never cruised on my Anniversary or my Honeymoon, once I even ordered it when it was just my daughter and myself cruising.:D I don't believe they sang to us in Le Bistro that time...:D

What is the anniversary cake party immargaret?

It's just a private gathering of all the guests who have purchased the package. They serve champagne, and they have a large cake that they take the photos with......and then one couple gets to cut the cake. The whole thing might last 30 minutes. Occassionally they give bottles of champagne to the couple who has been married the longest, or the honeymooners. We have skipped the party on occassion..........it's up to you.

I am travelling with my 80 yr old mom - do you think I would be able to putchase this package??? Shesure would like the French restaurant and I sure would like the wine!:p

I've ordered the Honeymoon/Anniversary package when sailing with my teen age daughter' date=' so I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem.

[b']HONEYMOON / ANNIVERSARY PACKAGE

[/b]* Prices are subject to change.

Item #504 - $79.00 per stateroom

• Sparkling Wine and strawberries in your stateroom upon embarkation
  • Canapés delivered to your stateroom one evening
  • Honeymooners' Champagne and Cake party
  • Honeymoon photograph
  • Romantic dinner for two in the Bistro with a complimentary bottle of wine

If you buy it do you automatically get the reservation or do you need toi ensure it by making it on the day you oard? Also - Is Bistro at all accepting of a child there?

If you purchase the package you will receive a letter in you cabin when you arrive with the details of the package, save this letter.....you will need to show it at the Photo place as well as Le Bistro.

There will be a number to call for the Le Bistro reservations, I would suggest making your reservation as soon as you can. (The desk in the Atrium has the menus for the main dining rooms the entire week, so check them out first and see what night you would prefer to dine in Le Bistro)

I've seen children in Le Bistro, so depending upon your child and if he/she is willing to sit through a long meal they shouldn't mind. If the child orders off the normal kids menu then there wouldn't be a charge for him/her.

*Le Bistro is a small, intimate dining area.......so if you don't think your child will be able to handle it without disrupting other guests make your reservation for after 7PM, and eat early with the child in the buffet....and drop him/her off at the kids club for a couple of hours.

You make the reservation when you get onboard.

Someone asked "How many strawberries?" There's a photo of the sparkling wine and strawberries in one of my photos (see the link in my signature, then select the first album).

This is a great deal! Absolutely no loopholes. We didn't order it for our next cruise, but I'm going to call today! Thanks for the reminder.

If you purchase the package you will receive a letter in you cabin when you arrive with the details of the package, save this letter.....you will need to show it at the Photo place as well as Le Bistro.

There will be a number to call for the Le Bistro reservations, I would suggest making your reservation as soon as you can. (The desk in the Atrium has the menus for the main dining rooms the entire week, so check them out first and see what night you would prefer to dine in Le Bistro)

I've seen children in Le Bistro, so depending upon your child and if he/she is willing to sit through a long meal they shouldn't mind. If the child orders off the normal kids menu then there wouldn't be a charge for him/her.

*Le Bistro is a small, intimate dining area.......so if you don't think your child will be able to handle it without disrupting other guests make your reservation for after 7PM, and eat early with the child in the buffet....and drop him/her off at the kids club for a couple of hours.

Thanks for the tip - that is EXACTLY what I am going to do :)

We loved getting it as well, great deal. I think we had 4 strawberries, and the canapes were not great, but they were ok. We had quite a few options for wine at Le Bistro, probably about 10 bottles to choose from. We had the Tedeschi Red that's made in Maui and really liked it. Didn't make it to the champagne and cake party, was just too busy. Ended up picking our photo from when we first got on the boat, I didn't think it specified at all. It was nice as we wouldn't have bought a photo otherwise.

The chocolate fondue is a must have in Le Bistro.

Ya know Margaret, I could've gone all day without hearing about this. I now am thinking about the last one we had and I'll probably have to wipe the drool off my chin all day. Thanks ;)

-Monte

Ya know Margaret, I could've gone all day without hearing about this. I now am thinking about the last one we had and I'll probably have to wipe the drool off my chin all day. Thanks ;)

-Monte

We had the Chocolate Fondue 3 times on our July DAWN cruise, so I'm still going through withdrawls. They will bring out extra plates of just strawberries if you run out, and have more chocolate left.:D

I have 6 months of dieting before the next cruise, so I'm sure I'll be drooling until then.:D

Now the pictures that are taken are from just the Decorating your Cabin for $30 right??? I thought about doing this just for the fact that it would guarentee our room being cleaned when we got there...plus the yummy cake....LOL!!!!!!:eek:

Letha

We're definitely going to do this on our upcoming October cruise on the Star. We are not bubbly drinkers so thus a question...can you substitute a comparable bottle of red wine for the sparkling wine? Anyone out there that has made this request? thanks.

Archived