Has anyone purchased the $79 Anniversary Package?

Kay240

We're definitely going to do this on our upcoming October cruise on the Star. We are not bubbly drinkers so thus a question...can you substitute a comparable bottle of red wine for the sparkling wine? Anyone out there that has made this request? thanks.

I haven't done it personally but I have heard of other CC members requesting it once on the ship.

I'm thrilled at the response to my question! I phoned NCL about the reservation issue, and was told it was "free style" and you just go when you want to... :D :D

We are not big wine drinkers; I'm sure my hubby would prefer sparkling cider... And he is a VERY FUSSY eater and would prefer little hotdogs to caviar... However we could do a daily cake:D .

I have just reached my PRE (June) Cruise weight and hope to get down two more pounds to compensate for the chocolate fondue, mentioned above, and also the souffle I read about... Dark chocolate is a HEALTH FOOD ... that's what the strawberries should be dipped into :D

Glad my posting helped some of you to remember to sign up!

I have just reached my PRE (June) Cruise weight and hope to get down two more pounds to compensate for the chocolate fondue, mentioned above, and also the souffle I read about... Dark chocolate is a HEALTH FOOD ... that's what the strawberries should be dipped into :D

Make it 3 pounds and try this.....:D

Another great tip for the Chocolate Fondue...... One person get the fondue and the other order the cheesecake, which is delicous alone but when dipped in the chocolate fondue it is really great.

I've also ordered this package a few times and agree that it was a good value, although the only loophole was the time they scheduled the Latitudes party at the same time as the cake and champagne party. Had to choose which to attend. Also, NCL America didn't sing to us or provide a cake in Le Bistro...don't know if they overlooked it or if it's an NCLA policy.

Still, I'm not complaining and would order it again.....just maybe not on NCLA.

I want to surprise my wife with this package.

Do they bill your credit card when you order the package or do they put it on your on board charges? If they bill the CC I will have to wait to order it so she does not see it on the CC bill.

I've seen children in Le Bistro, so depending upon your child and if he/she is willing to sit through a long meal they shouldn't mind. If the child orders off the normal kids menu then there wouldn't be a charge for him/her.

*Le Bistro is a small, intimate dining area.......so if you don't think your child will be able to handle it without disrupting other guests make your reservation for after 7PM, and eat early with the child in the buffet....and drop him/her off at the kids club for a couple of hours.

Excellent advice. DH and I dined there one evening after sending our daughters off to the kids krew. We were seated next to a very large table with several children, including one in a high chair. No-one was really enjoying themselves as it was not an atmosphere for children. Thankfully, they were done and left before our appetizers arrived. It would have really ruined the whole experience for us. Trust me, I love kids, I have 4, but I would never have brought them to dinner with us there. It wouldn't have been fair to my kids, who would have been bored, or the other diners, who would have been disturbed.

I want to surprise my wife with this package.

Do they bill your credit card when you order the package or do they put it on your on board charges? If they bill the CC I will have to wait to order it so she does not see it on the CC bill.

They do bill your credit card as soon as you order it.

I did it as a surprise but put it on a card that is a card from Macy's as well as a visa so hubby sees the name on the envelope and never looks at it.

I went to the store and paid cash when the bill came and he doesn't suspect a thing.

I've ordered the Honeymoon/Anniversary package when sailing with my teen age daughter, so I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem.

HONEYMOON / ANNIVERSARY PACKAGE

* Prices are subject to change.

Item #504 - $79.00 per stateroom

• Sparkling Wine and strawberries in your stateroom upon embarkation
  • Canapés delivered to your stateroom one evening
  • Honeymooners' Champagne and Cake party
  • Honeymoon photograph
  • Romantic dinner for two in the Bistro with a complimentary bottle of wine

I think I'm going to order it - my friend and I are celebrating our 30th birthdays on board the Jewel in March. We are already planning to eat at Le Bistro and purchase wine - so why not get this deal??? Even if we do have to pretend like we are in a relationship...hahah...that could be interesting :)

Just purchased this for my mom... It took me 30 min over the phone.. I asked the lady couple of questions however she had no clue to answeer...

She wrote somewhere that we want the cake in Le Bistro.. I will try to remind them when I get on ship...

I am wondering if this guarantees a spot in Le bistro on my mom's bday...

Juliana

Just purchased this for my mom... It took me 30 min over the phone.. I asked the lady couple of questions however she had no clue to answeer...

She wrote somewhere that we want the cake in Le Bistro.. I will try to remind them when I get on ship...

I am wondering if this guarantees a spot in Le bistro on my mom's bday...

Juliana

I don't think it guarantees the reservation for Le Bistro, so call the restaurant as soon as you get on the ship to make your reservation. The letter that is in your cabin for the package will have the phone number, and just tell them it's for the anniversary package when you make your reservation, and then show the letter when you arrive.

Should have bought this when I signed up, but didn't--after reading all your posts I HAVE TO!!! :D

Now my question is, can I purchase this online or do I have to call NCL? I have made final payment and have received cruise docs for our Sept. 28 trip.

Thanks.

I don't think it guarantees the reservation for Le Bistro, so call the restaurant as soon as you get on the ship to make your reservation. The letter that is in your cabin for the package will have the phone number, and just tell them it's for the anniversary package when you make your reservation, and then show the letter when you arrive.

On Pride of America, Le Bistro actually called each person with the anniversary/romance package to schedule the reservation.

I plan on getting this again for my January cruise.

Should have bought this when I signed up, but didn't--after reading all your posts I HAVE TO!!! :D

Now my question is, can I purchase this online or do I have to call NCL? I have made final payment and have received cruise docs for our Sept. 28 trip.

Thanks.

There is a form to fax in, so you won't need to call.

Here's the link to the page to download the adobe order form...

http://ncl.com/more/bon_voyage_list.htm

There's a photo of the sparkling wine and strawberries in one of my photos (see the link in my signature, then select the first album).

First of all THANKS to everyone for this thread! Another couple and the two of us will be on the Sun in Nov. out of NOLA and we are already celebrating two birthdays~~~now we're going to buy this package; it looks wonderful. Also thanks for the WONDERFUL pictures, it makes us even more excited to be on the Sun!:D

I ordered this for my BF and I for our cruise this Saturday...it only took a few minutes on the phone to accomplish.

We're not technically married...just celebrated a year and a 1/2 together...not sure if we're gonna act the part or not once we get on board..:)

if you take the cake back to the room, do they decorate for you too? What is your meal limited to at Le Bistro? By the way I have never had french food before what is on the menu? Can you have dessert at the resturant and still have the cake sent to the room? I know lots of questions sorry, newbie. Can I change the canipes to shrimp, I read somewhere they have preseto, don't eat pork or caviar?:o

if you take the cake back to the room, do they decorate for you too? What is your meal limited to at Le Bistro? By the way I have never had french food before what is on the menu? Can you have dessert at the resturant and still have the cake sent to the room? I know lots of questions sorry, newbie. Can I change the canipes to shrimp, I read somewhere they have preseto, don't eat pork or caviar?:o

Sounds like you need a create your own package. I don't think decorating comes in this package as was pointed out earlier in the board. Yes meal is limited to Le Bistro I believe. I don't think it was strictly french - I had steak and asparagus when I went. Yes I believe you can take the cake to your room and please order the fondue. i don't think you can change the canapes but go ahead and try. For such a good deal - I coudl just use half of what they offered and still make out ahead.

Sounds like you need a create your own package. I don't think decorating comes in this package as was pointed out earlier in the board. Yes meal is limited to Le Bistro I believe. I don't think it was strictly french - I had steak and asparagus when I went. Yes I believe you can take the cake to your room and please order the fondue. i don't think you can change the canapes but go ahead and try. For such a good deal - I coudl just use half of what they offered and still make out ahead.

FYI - I spoke to the cruise coordinator and she said that the room steward can work with you on the canapes. I'm vegetarian and she said the was little or no vegetarian stuff on the canapes, but if I talked to my room steward he could do a swap. I figure if it doesn't work out, it'll just mean twice as much food for my DH. But what the heck, I'm going to try talking to the room steward just in case. Either way, I've done it before and while the particulars have changed a little bit, it was a really great deal last time too!

bulgargirl: perhaps they can bring you a fresh veggie plate with dip? It's worth it to ask... Or you can certainly get cheese and crackers.

We always get the anniversary package when we cruise -- when you figure out the cost of everything included, it's well worth the $79!

Archived