FV Corner or Non-Corner Cabin

STLCRUISIN

There are three of us travelling and we switched from a CC aft cabin to a non-corner FV aft on the Millie for next March due to more cabin space winning out over the nice CC touches. We now have a chance of switching to a corner FV aft cabin. Is it worth changing again. I know when you relax on lounge chairs you cannot see the ocean because the railing is not glass enclosed. Opinions please!

In my opinion, the corner FV is much nicer than the non-corner FV because it has a bigger cabin and a bigger balcony.

The interior cabin of the corner FV is larger with extra closet space. We measured our corner FV to be 293 sq ft in total space. The non-corner FV is 3.5 ft shorter in length which roughly means 35 sq ft less space. The corner FV also has a private hallway which is nice for more privacy and it can be used for secured storage of items such as luggage.

The corner FV balcony is considerably larger (320+ sq ft versus 200 sq ft for a non-corner FV). Because the view from the balcony is so wide-sweeping, I don't even notice the solid wall. Also depending on which deck you are on, there is a clear plexiglas balcony wall that allow some view of the ocean behind the ship. Also the railings on balcony that face out the side of the ship are open which allow you to see the ocean from a seated position.

Photos of our corner FV: Infinity FV 8166

Photos of a non-corner FV taken by Rosie: Summit FV 7201

By the way, the non-corner FVs are nice, too. I just feel that for the same money, I would rather have the corner FVs.

We have done both of them and the corner FV wins by far. If you have 3 people, the greater balcony space and more lounging area will be most appreciated!!!! It is so great being able to have a view from the aft of the ship and also down the side!!! These are cabins to die for!!!

We just got off Infinity in an aft CC and I looked longingly at the corner FVs and their ability to see off to the side of the ship.

I vote for the corner. Given a choice between an aft CC and a non-corner FV, I'd probably pick CC for the amenities. Our only complaint about the aft CC were the acrobatics required to get around the open sofa bed to enjoy the balcony once our son was asleep.

We were in the corner FV stateroom (9197) on the Constellation transatlantic in April. We experienced terrible vibrating which kept us awake most of the nights of the cruise. Not a very pleasant experience. That was our first and last time in the corner aft.

We made our choice...we moved to a corner FV cabin on deck 9. Thank you all for your quick replies and pictures. The enthusiasm everyone showed in convincing us that a corner FV would be the best move made it a no-brainer for us. I'm sure we will love our choice. Thanks again.

Dan

Archived