HAL Zaandam / Sept 29th Cancelled!

bubbajones

Did I miss this one, Greg???;) Or do you mean the "blender" thread:D .

But we could start one on blinders! I suspect there are those here with them on:o .

FOFLMHO ... great typo ... though not as funny as my "Know Before you God Booklet" typo!!!! :D

Greg, I wish we could join you as well:) but until we can retire or mysteriously a million dollars appears in our checking account (I never say win the lottery because you have to play to win and we don't play) I just cannot be gone from work that long. I just found out this past week that our dealships decided to do this BIG Used Car sale (I call them Circus Sales) September 18th thru the 23rd. Because it takes several days to finish the loans and complete everything the banks need I have to be there. Now I am upset because this Big Sale over laps our cruise and they are hinting that I should not go. It has me extremely upset. I get paid my commission only and this is my livelyhood. When we have these sales 75% of this business goes thru me. I cannot tell you how stressed I have been over this. The days leading up to this cruise are going to be very hectic with lots and lots of hours. I can only hope that they just let the files pile up on my desk while I am gone and not get upset that I am not there. I hopefully can get them all done when I return:o

Oh, Lisa ... that's a REAL pain. I understand how that goes. I hope you still get to make the cruise.

Right now I'm facing a possible cancellation myself ... of our Asia cruise next year. :( My bishop died suddenly and unexpectedly a week ago, and now the word is out that all clergy are expected to make themselves available in April for possible major appointment changes. It's not as if I stand a snowball's chance in hell of being elected and appointed bishop of Dallas, but they want all clergy to keep their calendars clear until we know more about what the Council of Bishops is going to do. :( So ... in addition to mourning the death of Bishop Moncure, now I have to be concerned about not being able to make the cruise.

Oh, Lisa ... that's a REAL pain. I understand how that goes. I hope you still get to make the cruise.

Right now I'm facing a possible cancellation myself ... of our Asia cruise next year. :( My bishop died suddenly and unexpectedly a week ago, and now the word is out that all clergy are expected to make themselves available in April for possible major appointment changes. It's not as if I stand a snowball's chance in hell of being elected and appointed bishop of Dallas, but they want all clergy to keep their calendars clear until we know more about what the Council of Bishops is going to do. :( So ... in addition to mourning the death of Bishop Moncure, now I have to be concerned about not being able to make the cruise.

Greg, I am so sorry for your loss and the possible change in plans. I understand what you are going thru. Even in the church things run like Big Business. But as we all know God as a plan.

Although maybe we should all be reading that "Know before you God" Booklet:)

Archived