FoS itinerary change 8/27... need help

Freedom of the Seas departing Sunday, August 27, will sail a revised itinerary with port calls in San Juan, Puerto Rico, Tuesday; Philipsburg, St. Marten, Wednesday; and Labadee, Haiti, Friday.

So basically the excursions i booked originallly... are all wasted =T

Cozumel - Dzul Ha snorkeling

Grand Cayman - Stingray snorkeling

Jamaica - Mayfield Falls

Labadee - Beach Day

I have about 2 hours before I head out of lax to mia airport... so please anyt recommendations would be great.

San Juan -

St Marten -

Labadee -

P.S.

Does RCCL compensate for the change? I believe Thursday we are spending the day at sea instead or a port also. And whom should I speak to on-board?

Thanks,

John

P.S.

Does RCCL compensate for the change? I believe Thursday we are spending the day at sea instead or a port also. And whom should I speak to on-board?

Thanks,

John

Are you serious!!! Geeez it's a HURRICANE for God's sake....You want RC to compensate you for keeping you safe?? WOW

My advice: Order a Mojito and enjoy your cruise.

yes I was in a serious state when I asked that question. I am not demanding that RCCL compensate us for the change. It is a no brainer that they are protecting us by avoiding the storm.

However, maybe we are a little disappointed because we have made preparations months ahead with local tour operators, purchased gear specifically for the excursions (yes i know we can use this stuff for future excursions), and basically had our mind set for certain activities we were planning on doing. Now that the changes are made we must re read the port of call forums for San Juan & St Marten in about 1.5 hr time to find a good excursion (if possible) which we spent nights researching for our original itineary.

If RCCL does not compensate us for spending an extra day at sea instead of a port... then fine, just a simple No would do... just gotta move along.

actually the new itinerary is pretty nice :). Depending on how long you are in port in San Juan, there's a lot to do- look under excursions on the RCI website, or under ports of call here on the cruisecritic boards. San Juan is a beautiful city if you just want to walk around, go to el Morro, have a nice lunch in one of the restaurants, and do a little shopping. if the ship will be in port for a longer period of time you could do el yunque, the rainforest. there's also great golfing on the island, as well as the Bacardi factory, which offers tours. St Martin has beautiful beaches on the French side, and great shopping on the dutch side. Labadee is also a very nice beach port. Have a great time, the ship is beautiful, and you're going to some very nice ports :)

I agree. When we booked the same itinerary (we sail in 29 days) we actually hoped we would be diverted also. In the meantime, I have booked excursions we are looking forward to. I sympathise with the OP for the discouragement of a plan gone awry but I would much rather be diverted from the western Caribbean to the east than vice versa!

I would recommend the French side beaches in St. Martin. They are pristine and amazing.

I know the OP is on the ship by now but after talking with my husband about this cruise we both agreed me might come home a bit more relaxed then the stuff we have planned for the Freedom in a few weeks. Would love to visit St. Marttin again too. Seems snorkeling was your main activity and there is plenty of that anywhere in the Caribbean. One needs to go with the flow and enjoy where & when ya stop. Don't get me wrong I am a planner and already have my spreadsheet with all the fun things we plan on doing but if our plans divert so will we go with the flow with bells on. Were on a cruise!!

BonVoyage

Dawna

Archived