Deck 8 - Monarch of the Seas?

We were in 8576. The windows are not on the outside of the ship.....they overlook the outside deck and lifeboats (it's hard to explain, but imagine looking out of a window that has a covered porch outside of it). We also had a large outside light mounted right outside our window. Not all cabins on that level have those lights. You can see the water, but defintely do NOT have anywhere near a full view.

One thing to remember if you have a cabin that overloks that walking deck.....people out walking can see inside your cabin!!! We learned the HARD way.....we didn't check out the view before it got dark the first night (too busy checking out other stuff), then when we took a walk the next day, could see everything in our cabin!!! :eek:

So, if you got an outside just so you have natural light in your cabin, these cabins are just fine (which was our plan). If you have dreams of staring at the horizon from your cabin, you can forget it!

• 1 month later...

Good to know.

I just booked connecting 8580/8582 for Spring Break. Wanted least expensive connecting cabins as we'll be taking 2 young teen boys with us (son 13 and best friend 14). The view is not of concern for us but definitely need light as I am somewhat claustrophobic. And, we insist on a connecting cabin as we want to know the boys are in their room when they say they are ;)

wow!

Thanks for this photo. I am booked on Monarch Deck 7, ocean view. It was a guarantee cabin, so I dont think I can change it. Not that I want to, it doesn't bother me really. They do have sheers right? I mainly just want the light also.

Besides, I have a plan for those who look in >evil grin<

Thanks!

Hi to all!

Thanks Mojavemommy for the picture. It doesn't appear that anyone can look into the cabins on deck 8. You can definitely see in the windows on deck 7. We just got off the Monarch cruise of 10/9. We had an SO cabin, #9040. Ours had a so called obstructed view. We looked down on the tenders but had no trouble looking out and seeing the view. Next time we cruise the Monarch, it will be deck 8. Worth the Big money savings. Smaller cabins but will make do.:) Also, can anyone tell us if the cabins on deck 8 have refrigerators?

Luci

luci -- anyone standing at the railing CAN see into the deck 8 cabins....not a full view, but if the curtains are open and the lights are on, it's best not to do anything you prefer to keep private!!:rolleyes:

Yes, there obviously will be some view... about the same as there would be standing on a street and looking up at a 2nd story window.

Archived