Pre-order liquor for stateroom/liquor delivery service (MERGED)

Please help....I've been looking on RCCL's site for eons, and cannot find a way to order a bottle of scotch for our stateroom in advance of the cruise. We have not been on RCCL as much as other lines (HAL and Princess) and we have always ordered a "Scotch & soda" package & "Gin & tonic" package for our stateroom. I cannot find any stateroom order form (other than for wine, gifts, & decorations) on the RCCL website.....How do I make this type of order so that the items are in the stateroom upon arrival?

In the past we have always brought a few bottles of champagne on board with us in a carry on. Now that RCCL states they will not allow any alcohol of any kind be brought on board, is there any hope of obtaining permission for a few bottles ? The kind we prefer is not listed on RCCL's wine list. I always have brought "half bottles" as they are perfect for sharing a toast. The wine list prices are ridiculous for a bottle of something "drinkable"....and if my husband only has 1 glass (the usual for him) of champagne, and I have 2, there is a huge amount of wasted wine at great expense. Any suggestions?

Please help....I've been looking on RCCL's site for eons, and cannot find a way to order a bottle of scotch for our stateroom in advance of the cruise. We have not been on RCCL as much as other lines (HAL and Princess) and we have always ordered a "Scotch & soda" package & "Gin & tonic" package for our stateroom. I cannot find any stateroom order form (other than for wine, gifts, & decorations) on the RCCL website.....How do I make this type of order so that the items are in the stateroom upon arrival?

Hello Little Feet,

I have been using "Just Because of You" for alcohol in my cabin. Shelly can get you anything that you would like and it will be delivered to your cabin the day you board and will be in your cabin waiting for you. Give her a call at 1 800 882 9707. There is a limit of alcohol per cabin and the last time I used her in April there was a $5 delivery charge.

Hello Little Feet,

I have been using "Just Because of You" for alcohol in my cabin. Shelly can get you anything that you would like and it will be delivered to your cabin the day you board and will be in your cabin waiting for you. Give her a call at 1 800 882 9707. There is a limit of alcohol per cabin and the last time I used her in April there was a $5 delivery charge.

I guess you would have to pay a corkage fee??:confused:

:confused:

Has anyone used the above mentioned service since the new "no-alcohol brought abord" guidelines have been enforced?
I am wondering as well....I will be on Mariner in September and want to order something but don't know if it is allowed.

I guess you would have to pay a corkage fee??:confused:

I have had Shelly deliver Champ to my room and was never charged a cork fee. From what I know that applies only if you bring the bottle to the dining room liked mentioned.

Outside companies are allowed to deliver gift baskets/packages to cabins. The outside companies are limited to a certain amount of alcohol per cabin and the cruise lines and ports set the limit. As long as the outside companies comply then there is no problem. If I remember correctly last April Shelly told me that the limit for beer is 2 12packs per room, tho it all depends on the cruise line. Since DH and I are strictly beer people you would have to call Shelly 1 800 882 9707 to find out the limit for wine, champ and harder stuff. I myself love the froo froo drinks poolside too.

The Mariner is very limited at what can be delivered so as I have mentioned in past posts you will have to call Just Because of You for details from Shelly.

Remember that cruise lines and ports limit the amount of alcohol delivered per room and each port and cruise line is different with their limits.

You can also call "Just Because of You" and have it delivered to your cabin which the cruise lines do allow. Her prices are good and there is a delivery charge which from what I remember is around $5 give or take. The number is 1 800 882 9707 I have used this company in the past and will use from now on when I cruise, Shelly does add cork screws for bottles that need to be opened this way. The baskets that she makes up are just beautiful. Happy Cruising.

Shelly the owner also has a small web site:

http://justbecause.addictscay.com/

You can also call "Just Because of You" and have it delivered to your cabin which the cruise lines do allow. Her prices are good and there is a delivery charge which from what I remember is around $5 give or take. The number is 1 800 882 9707 I have used this company in the past and will use from now on when I cruise, Shelly does add cork screws for bottles that need to be opened this way. The baskets that she makes up are just beautiful. Happy Cruising.

Thank you so much for this information. I have called Shelly and left a message for her to call me. I am referring her to others on our cruise also!

You are welcome. I would rather pack more clothes or not risk ruining clothes by packing liquids in my bags and find calling JBOY much easier. I would like to also add that Shelly has one great sense of humor.

Outside companies are allowed to deliver gift baskets/packages to cabins. The outside companies are limited to a certain amount of alcohol per cabin and the cruise lines and ports set the limit. As long as the outside companies comply then there is no problem. If I remember correctly last April Shelly told me that the limit for beer is 2 12packs per room, tho it all depends on the cruise line. Since DH and I are strictly beer people you would have to call Shelly 1 800 882 9707 to find out the limit for wine, champ and harder stuff. I myself love the froo froo drinks poolside too.

The Mariner is very limited at what can be delivered so as I have mentioned in past posts you will have to call Just Because of You for details from Shelly.

Remember that cruise lines and ports limit the amount of alcohol delivered per room and each port and cruise line is different with their limits.

This is a great tip! Thanks for the info.:D I too will give her company a call and see what can be arranged. Thanks.

Kory

Hello Little Feet,

Does she have a website I could check out?

Thanks!

Does she deliver to multiple ports? If not, where is she located?

Just Because of You does deliver to many ports, I have only used her for Tampa and Miami so you will have to call and ask if she delivers to the port you will be boarding your ship.

Thanks for the website. I added it to my bookmarks and will be calling her for my upcoming Radiance cruise. :)

We will also be on the Mariner in Sept. I am looking to get a basket for my hubby as it is his birthday. He is also a beer man. Could you give me an idea of what she charges. I don't want to call her and waste her time if she is out of my league. Thanks!

I just tried the website but got an error saying that it couldn't be found. Has anyone else got to it?

Archived