Pre-order liquor for stateroom/liquor delivery service (MERGED)

I just received her price list via email. Can I post it here? She is very nice, however the Hurricane is heading her way . . . .

Did anyone see the price list? Did I miss it? Looking for something to deliver to my son's room on the Brillance next March. He is turning 21 on the cruise and thought that some beer and munchies in a basket might be nice. Has anyone had stuff delivered to the Brillance of the Seas?

We just came back from the Aug 19 Radiance of the Seas cruise to Alaska. We had 2 bottles of champagne (one chilled) and wine waiting for us in our cabin. Assume it came through RCI. One night took the chilled bottle of champagne to the dining room, another night took the bottle of wine and a third night took the 2nd bottle of champagne and exchanged it in the dining room for a bottle of Chardonnay. No corkage charges for us........and I didn't expect any as the bottles were "gifts". It used to be if you took a bottle of wine/champagne that isn't on their wine list you have to pay a corkage fee.........that was when you could carry on 2 bottles.

We like a little wine before dinner in our cabin and find the upscale small "box wines" like Black Box are easy to transport in your checked luggage. There are many varieties and vintners and we have found the wine to be very good. For more info check out this link.........you may be surprised at what you find.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/food/210264_wine02.html

Yes, that was a great article. Living in Western Washington, we've enjoyed the emergence of the boxed wines this past year and have developed a particular fondness for Badger Mountain's Pure White and Pure Red.

http://www.badgermtnvineyard.com/PURE%20Flyer.htm

Both are organically grown and just taste awfully darn good. The boxes are small enough to fit in carry-ons easily, but hold enough (3Litres) to last a week. Plus they'll fit nicely in the stateroom mini-fridge, too.

We're taking a Pure White on Radiance in September. If it gets confiscated, then we're only out $20. If not, then all we need is two glasses in our cabin. No need for a corkscrew, either.

I have read many post recommending this company: 'JUST BECAUSE OF YOU' Gift Baskets. I have also received a price list for their wines they can include in a gift basket to be delivered to RCCL-Rhapsody of the Seas in Galveston. With this in mind, has anyone used this company. And if so, what do you think of them and their gift baskets/deliveries? How many bottles of Wine or Liquor did you order in your baskets---what is allowed?

We were also thinking of the possibility of doing one of the Wine Packages offered by RCCL. I want to know if anyone has done this before...and what the prices would be. I understand there are 3 levels of wine packages. Can these bottles of wine be used in your cabin or are they only offered for drinking in the dinning room? If anyone who has done this with RCCL, please post details as to what you have ordered/prices, etc.

This info will help us make up our minds which 'route' to take with our wine purchases on board the ship.

Thanks!:)

I just received a call back today from Shelly, she emailed me a price list and is getting prices for me on items other then what is listed, so far better prices then RCCI. Before I order from her I would like to know the prices of the wine packages on board. Does any on have price from recent cruise?

I too am wondering if I missed the price list or if they took it off. Could someone either post a price list or her email address. I don't have time to call during work. I would like to get an idea of what I wanted before I called.

As far as the amount you can purchase; it depends on the port. We are cruising out of Port Canaveral (which is very strict right now) and we are only allowed to purchase 3 bottles of wine and 1 6-pk of beer. No hard alcohol is allowed at Port Canaveral period. This is per Shelley at Just Because of You. Just call her or e-mail her for your Port.

I will be using her on our Nov 12th cruise.

Judy

I too am wondering if I missed the price list or if they took it off. Could someone either post a price list or her email address. I don't have time to call during work. I would like to get an idea of what I wanted before I called.

The price list has been removed by the Mods so I suggest not reposting it. Contact Shelley and have her email you the price list, she will be more than happy to do this.

Shelley contacted me today and for the time being she will not be able to deliver to Galveston Pier due to uncontrolled circumstances. She will let me know when they start redelivering to that area and I will post it as soon as I can.

Did anyone see the price list? Did I miss it? Looking for something to deliver to my son's room on the Brillance next March. He is turning 21 on the cruise and thought that some beer and munchies in a basket might be nice. Has anyone had stuff delivered to the Brillance of the Seas?

We used Shelley on our March trip on Brilliance to the Panama Canal. It was great....we are hoping that by the time we travel out of NJ in 2008 she will be able to place deliveries into Cape Liberty. Give her a call, she will do you proud!!!

JUDI

I'm not with it tonight-- could you clarify something-- does RCCL charge a corkage fee for the wine in the gift baskets you order? ( I would NOT think so if you drank it in your cabin.) So there is a charge of $5 per basket-- plus tax-- is this correct? Thanks!

I just received a call back today from Shelly, she emailed me a price list and is getting prices for me on items other then what is listed, so far better prices then RCCI. Before I order from her I would like to know the prices of the wine packages on board. Does any on have price from recent cruise?

We're just off the Radiance last Saturday.

These were the prices for the wine packages offered.

Diamond

5 bottles $137

7 bottles $189

10 bottles $274

12 bottles $329

Platinum

5 bottles $125

7 bottles $172

10 bottles $250

12 bottles $299

Gold

5 bottles $113

7 bottles $1158

10 bottles $226

12 bottles $273

Hope this helps. If you're looking for a specific wine I can let you know which package it is on. Fine print says not all wines offered on all voyages.

I just ordered 2 of her beer buckets for our Mariner cruise. The Mariner will let you deliver a 6 pack of beer per stateroom. She charged $30 per bucket, which I asked her to pack mine in a styrfoam cooler so I don't have to pack a little cooler, and she said it would include 6 pack and snacks. It's my husband's brithday so I thought it would fun to send it to him. Shelly was very nice and helpful.

I just ordered 2 of her beer buckets for our Mariner cruise. The Mariner will let you deliver a 6 pack of beer per stateroom. She charged $30 per bucket, which I asked her to pack mine in a styrfoam cooler so I don't have to pack a little cooler, and she said it would include 6 pack and snacks. It's my husband's brithday so I thought it would fun to send it to him. Shelly was very nice and helpful.

You can also send her a Birthday Card for Dh and she will add it into the buckets.

We're just off the Radiance last Saturday.

These were the prices for the wine packages offered.

Diamond

5 bottles $137

7 bottles $189

10 bottles $274

12 bottles $329

Platinum

5 bottles $125

7 bottles $172

10 bottles $250

12 bottles $299

Gold

5 bottles $113

7 bottles $1158

10 bottles $226

12 bottles $273

Hope this helps. If you're looking for a specific wine I can let you know which package it is on. Fine print says not all wines offered on all voyages.

I copied the following from another thread. The list is from 2005 so I'm not sure if it is still valid, but it is better than nothing.

Gold Selection:

Korbel Brut Sparkling - California

Stone Cellars Chardonnay, Beringer - California

Lindemans bin 77, Semillon-Chardonney - Australia

Danzante Pinot Grigio - Italy

Caliterra Sauvignon Blance - Chile

Woodbridge White Zinfandel (Mondavi) - California

Georges duBouef Beaujolais Villages - France

Stone Cellars (Beringer) Cabernet Sauvignon - California

Woodbridge Twin Oaks - Cabernet Sauvignon - California

Vina Tarapaca Merlot - Chile

Footprint Shiraz - Australia

Prices:

5 bottles - Value $165; Price - $113

7 bottles - Value $231; Price - $158

10 bottles - Value $330; Price - $226

12 bottles - Value $396; Price - $273

Platinum Selection:

Argyle Brut Sparkling - Oregon

Badger Mountain Organic Chardonnay - Washington State

Lindemans bin 77, Semillon-Chardonnay - Australia

Chateau St. Michelle Johannesburg Riesling - Washington State (really)

Caliterra Sauvignon Blanc - Chile

Beringer White Zinfandel - California

Robert Mondavi Private Selection Merlot - California

Faustino VII Rioja - Spain

Red Zinfandel - Cline - California

Prices:

5 bottles - Value $185; Price - $125

7 bottles - Value $259; Price - $173

10 bottles - Value $370; Price - $250

12 bottles - Value $444; Price - $299

Diamond Selection:

Argyle Brut Sparkling - Oregon

Meridian Vineyards Chardonnay - California

Badger Mountain Organic Chardonnay - Washington State

Lindemans bin 77, Semillon-Chardonnay - Australia

Chateau St. Michelle Johannesburg Riesling - Washington State (really)

Caliterra Sauvignon Blanc - Chile

Beringer White Zinfandel - California

Arboleda Carmenere - Chile

Robert Mondavi Private Selection Merlot - California

Beringer's Founder's Estate Pinot Noir - California

Faustino VII Rioja - Spain

Rosemount Shiraz - Australia

Red Zinfandel - Cline - California

Prices:

5 bottles - Value $190; Price - $137

7 bottles - Value $266; Price - $189

10 bottles - Value $380; Price - $274

12 bottles - Value $456; Price - $329

I'm not with it tonight-- could you clarify something-- does RCCL charge a corkage fee for the wine in the gift baskets you order? ( I would NOT think so if you drank it in your cabin.) So there is a charge of $5 per basket-- plus tax-- is this correct? Thanks!

They only charge a corkage fee in dining rooms.

Archived