Volendam Thermal Suite

robntawn

We are onboard the Volendam right now and today was Glacier Bay. Just wanted to let everyone know that the Thermal Suite is a wonderful thing to do, and very reasonably priced for the week. My wife and I spent $198 (including 15% gratuity) for a week-long Couples pass. We have used the suite every day, but especially during Tracy Arm and Glacier Bay. We have had some cool, cloudy, and drizzly weather, and spending time in the hot tub away from the crowds while watching the glaciers is heaven. Christian, the manager, is fantastic. Today he arranged for pea soup to be served to us and had bar service as well. He also brought around chocoalte covered strawberries free of charge. Now that's service!

Any questions, ask away...

Your note meant a great deal to me because it brought back great memories of a wonderful trip with my family, and the thermal suite was at the top of the list.

Did you discover the large private showers in the locker area? I used them every day.

Have fun.

Robntawn

Funny you should post this - we just returned from the Statendam (Seward to Vancouver) and our thermal suite experience was just the opposite. $250 for a couples pass and the staff could not have been more unaccomodating and unfriendly. Of the two steam rooms in your suite - the wet and the dry - what is the temperture of the larger room - is it hot? All week ours was room temp if not cool...and several times I mentioned this and was told everything from 'the air temp varies' to "oh yes we had trouble with it last week" and when i mentioned that there was no soap or shampoo in the mens showers (several times) - it was never filled the entire week.

Archived