Danno's a traitor!!

Danno

Hi Danno!

While you are not cruising with X.. we are!!! We decided to fill the gap between last cruise and the next one in August and sailing on new and improved Century in April.:p

If you don't want to cruise on M class don't even bother with Zuiderdam, Noordam, Westerdam or Oosterdam... they are almost the same in size.

At the time we cruised on Z we liked it, but now that I compare it to all our cruises I can't say the same. Service was clearly lacking ... in DR, state room and from GR. In DR it was unprofessional and understaffed. Our room hasn't been made until noon 3 day out of seven. Our safe didn't work for almost 2 days.. (well we've received chocolate covered strawberries for that but still), A/C didn't work properly, was too cold , so my DH got sick.

IMHO for us Caribbean Princess was closest to Celebrity in many areas and in some (variety of food) exceeded. You probably won't like ship with 3500+ pax, but design is so great, you would never notice people. We spent a lot of time in two pools where kids were not alowed (it was strictly inforced!!!). We also found PAX very classy (Europeans?) . Haven't seen any jeans or shorts in DR, but formal wear even on casual nights. Tons of different live entertaiment throughout the ship. (Great bars and clubs)

It's not easy to get really excited when you cruise twice a year, but we were!!! We actually consider this cruise to be our best (tie with Century) cruise.

Great ship with tons of fun choices , but also classy and intimate feel. :)

This is how back adult-only pool looks

BackPoolViewOfStMaarten.JPG.ae745e0bdf810ef77f6f205bc4bccc0f.JPG

Thanks everyone...just for those who may not know, I am a LONG time X cruiser, back to the Chandris days...so I'm not making this move easily, nor with any hard feelings.

Here is the Hal cruise I'm looking at...

Sunday-FLL

-Private Island

-At sea

-Aruba

-Curaceo

-At sea

-At sea

- FLL

Not port intensive and two islands I really want to see...X just has nothing even close...hopefully they will for the next season.

I'm expecting to have a great cruise where ever we go...but X is always like coming home.

I'm a old Meridian fan as well. Sailed on one of those "Dam" ships once, I don't think I'll ever be able to get my wife back on one. Think I will stay with X this winter and enjoy the ship to ourselves when it stops at one of those ports we've been to ten times. We will need a full report on your return.

Archived