Sometimes it pays to complain--Thanks Princess

losuds63

My wife and I were on the CB on the july 29 th voyage and we had a cabin on the Lido deck that was right under the Spa and the gym and all we herd was barbells and treadmills in this room all week and I wrote them a letter letting them know how loud it was all week in this room and they sent a letter back with an apology and a $500 credit towards our next booking so I guess we be going back on the CB next july for our anniversary ---Thanks Princess:)

That is nice that Princess sent you cabin credit for your next cruise.

But to be truthful- they shouldn't have done that. When you book a cruise you normally look above what is there and below what is under your cabin for noise.

Gee- with another line- I should have sent then a letter in regards to all the foot noise and the table and lounge chairs being moved around during the day and then the service- crew members moving carts from 1am. to 6a.m. Yes, I knew that we would have crew members for the pizza place but not during the middle of the night. I should have sent that letter in.

It goes along with cruising alot.

they shouldn't have done that??? WHAT???

They did something called "GOOD BUSINESS"....sheeesh.

Think about it. If they send $500 CC it is NOT enough to fully pay for a cruise. They know this person will bring someone with them. Just for the sake of this point, let's throw some numbers together.

cruise fare: 2@ $1000

Excursions: 2 @150

onboard spending 2 @ $300 (lowballing here)

total= $2,450

Minus the $500 = $1995 PLUS they have earned a loyal customer who will come back for more cruises.

And for the record, not everyone would study deck plans to see where the room is. What if he booked a guarantee???

But to be truthful- they shouldn't have done that. When you book a cruise you normally look above what is there and below what is under your cabin for noise.

Gee- with another line- I should have sent then a letter in regards to all the foot noise and the table and lounge chairs being moved around during the day and then the service- crew members moving carts from 1am. to 6a.m. Yes, I knew that we would have crew members for the pizza place but not during the middle of the night. I should have sent that letter in.

If you book a guarantee you have no choice.

----------------------Ok now I have to become a psychic and know that the gym was above our room thats crazy --You should insert the letter "A" between the "M" and the "D" on your name !!!

Good for you!!. I bet your letter was concise and polite. That is usually the way to obtain a nice response.

It is nice to know that they felt your discomfort deserved a response and compensation.

Happy Cruising!:)

--Just like you said and all we did was explain our experience and it was a pleasant and non threatning

Glad they took care of you. Wish they would be so kind and send me the money they owe me for traveling home from Port Canaveral, after the Crown list. I sent them a letter 4 weeks informing them of injuries to my Wife and they haven't even had the decency to reply. I called them a few days ago and was told it takes four to six weeks to reply to a letter.

Jim

----------------------Ok now I have to become a psychic and know that the gym was above our room thats crazy --You should insert the letter "A" between the "M" and the "D" on your name !!!

Which cabin was this that created so much discomfort?

Live and Learn! I am very careful when booking my cabin to see where it is. What is above and below me. I myself had this problem on Carnival Legend ...right under the deck chairs...pizza. Chairs being moved all night long by crew cleaning and during the day..eek!

So now I check the deck plans. I don't want to right next to the kids playroom or elevators or staircases. I think that is the one poster said was right that you should have checked. But it was very good business practice that Princess giver you this credit. Although when you go to book I wonder what kind of real deal you will get? It may be absorbed by them offering the room for a higher price. When you book through Princess there are not any big savings. I booked with an online travel agent and saved $1200 (for 3) below what the price that Princess gave me. So $500 credit as a opposed to a shipboard credit would be more what I would want. That would pay for your on ship expenses then...cruise excursions...etc.

But I am still happy you got it. I hope you get a good deal.:)

One reason we try to pick out the cabin we want and book that one and mark our booking "no upgrade."

On my first cruise, we ended up under a dining room (and we were upgraded to that one) and heard vacuuming each night at midnight. So we try to study the deck plans ahead of time.

Andy- good for you!

I know you have been on Valor- how does your Carnival cruise compare to Princess?

I am shopping around for a NY cruise and Valor looks good to me. I'd like to try Carnival and NY seems like a good time to be on a 'fun ship'.

Andy- good for you!

I know you have been on Valor- how does your Carnival cruise compare to Princess?

I am shopping around for a NY cruise and Valor looks good to me. I'd like to try Carnival and NY seems like a good time to be on a 'fun ship'.

=--

But the Crown leaves from new york I think?

What Princess should have done is have their architects and designers plan more soundproofing and think about what kind of exercise equipment is less noisy. For example, the Ground Zero Free Motion cable exercise equipment my gym has is absolutely silent. Princess has already done this with elevators -- you can be in a room very close to the elevator, and at most you're going to hear some people talking too loudly sometimes.

And as for the deckplans, while I use them religously, they are awkward to use on-line and there aren't tools to help you find cabins that meet certain criteria. I've been burned in cabin selection by picking a cabin close to the elevator for my elderly mother-in-law, only to learn when we got on the ship that the elevator in question didn't open at the floor where her assigned dining room was, requiring a LONG walk to get to an elevator that did get to the correct floor and then a LONG walk back.

Princess does indicate that certain cabins are "view obstructed" -- maybe it is time to indicate that certain cabins are "noise impacted" so that customers, particularly new customers, aren't so surprised.

Amen.....I'll bet you were tops in your business class. What they gave in credit they will recoup over and over with repeat business from those people. $500 dollars is impressive. Makes me want to hope I have an "issue"...(well not really but you understand what I mean)

My wife and I were on the CB on the july 29 th voyage and we had a cabin on the Lido deck that was right under the Spa and the gym and all we herd was barbells and treadmills in this room all week and I wrote them a letter letting them know how loud it was all week in this room and they sent a letter back with an apology and a $500 credit towards our next booking so I guess we be going back on the CB next july for our anniversary ---Thanks Princess:)

What cabin# were you in on the lido deck? Thanks

Andy- yes I know but I would rather fly into Miami than New York if I HAVE to fly.... I wanted to know which you liked,CB or Valor and why?

I liked leaving on the CB on a saturday and coming home on a saturday were the Valor leaves on a sunday and miami port is a pain in the A$$ and we liked the Valor rooms better but I think the food was A little better on the CB ..

Archived