I Can Use My Friends

as I am printing out each of these heartfelt sharings of grief to AJ's family, wife & his son, who earned a badge of achievement when he was born 9/11/2005, really spooked me waiting with everyone at the hospital for AJ to run out & announce a boy or a girl. Here she went into labor while shopping for his furniture at the mall & he came almost instantly. He weighed a pound! AJ came out with tears swelling his blue eyes & his blonde hair just had you cradling him. He screamed "IT IS 9/11 & it will be 2986 including my son. But Cleveland Clinic's Neonatal Unit had him eating, smiling, and doing everything that a beautiful son does just growing into his clothes, not out of them.

I released AJ's first CPD photo, fresh from Kent State University with a major in Police Science. A wife that resembles Stevie Nicks & this hunk of a cop. Closed coffin at first but now it is open. He is sleeping as his spirit is with God. He looks quite restful, not beaten up as I was told by my former Chief Martin (I call him Marty) Flask, who is now Safety Director for City of Cleveland. Up since midnight when he got the call, then all day with media & the Press conference that not one Commander could talk.

My flag pole has AJ gifts on it from neighbors, which will go to his coffin at the cemetary. I have them wrapped in plastic with Ernesto due here Saturday. All these inserts to the sympathy cards I got at WalMart with all your thoughts to his family & all of CPD for everyone to read. I have very great friends in our family here at CC.

Thank you to each & every one of you wonderful people & BE SAFE!

I had to post to you again.

In all your many postings on here, I have never seen you write anything more heartfelt and beautiful as you just posted. That was so caring and detailed that you could feel the love you have for AJ and your fellow officers.

I am sure that I am not the only CC on here crying after reading such a wonderful tribute to your friend.

Bless you.

Alexis

We are privileged to offer YOU as well as the family support, prayers and anything else we can. Thanks for sharing your hurt with us.

I am so grateful for the men (and women) that choose to lead lives of service, I pray we never take them for granted.

I hope this new life gives joy in a very difficult time. I know all the law enforcement community will watch over them....

God Bless You,

pam

with the kind words from your heart. The florist picked up the cards I had completed from everyone here on Cruise Critics, with the note of the site for them to join us on a cruise. We are a great escape from a cruel world, and have traveled in hurricanes, listing ships & so far no terrorists trying anything which they don't want to meet up with any of us. As I mentioned at the meeting of the minds which the burial notice came down, Tuesday wake at funeral home (Ripepi's in Middleburg Hts) & he is have a royal funeral at St John's Cathedral in downtown Cleveland (E9th & Superior), then the march of the bagpipes from Toronto, Bergen County NJ, NYPD, CPD, and others coming in. We have rental cars for officers from out of town coming, So over 1000 vehicles taking main streets, no freeways, to the cemetery & he will be near to past buried officers Leon & Clark (who was murdered 2 blocks away from AJ's murder in a drug bust as he ran up the stairs to cuff the jerk who pulled a weapon & filled his chest with bullets. He was killed by Clark's partner, but AJ's is alive & now wants to claim insanity but his rap sheet took 34 minutes to print out, so he can forget bout it)). Then I get home to hear tearful reading of AJ's news & his burial for the public to join, if they want to, and this was from long time anchors who knew & respected him. Unfortunately the funeral home & church a short walk from the funeral home with the cemetery down the street that we all walk to it, is booked solid all week. So everyone's minds got this together to give him a royal farewell.

So Wednesday, that may be me you run into here in Cleveland's west side blocking streets for the procession. And I will have my mace if a jerk wants to show. AJ's home has an officer 24/7 to keep things safe.

I had to post to you again.

In all your many postings on here, I have never seen you write anything more heartfelt and beautiful as you just posted. That was so caring and detailed that you could feel the love you have for AJ and your fellow officers.

I am sure that I am not the only CC on here crying after reading such a wonderful tribute to your friend.

Bless you.

Alexis

Brenda, I have never met you, but have followed many of your posts here, and feel I know you, especially as you were on the Jewel Baltics cruise, just before me.

My heart breaks to read your sad news. My thoughts and prayers go out for your fallen officer friend AJ, and to his poor wife and family.

Our thanks you, and all your fellow officers who take care of us and try to make the world a safer place to live.

I live in Strongsville and have been following the news since the story broke the other morning. I work across from the Cathedral at 9th & Superior, where the services will be held. I can still remember the services for Officer Leon and the crowds in downtown Cleveland. I expect no less next week ... Our prayers to his family and fellow officers.

Debbie

to Debbie who has the birds eye view with AJ laughing at all of us trying to smash into the Cathedral. Sherriff's dept on rooftops to guard everyone from sickos too. Then the long line doing 25 mph to the cemetary (going from E9 & Superior to Brookpark between W130-W150 for folks who know Cleveland). I run to the cemetary right after the mass to clear cars out, I get a radio for timely calls of where they are. For Wayne Leon a bad accident which needed police stopped to work it & then continue. We stated Wayne wanted it.

But still nothing like the Officer's Memorial May 2002 right after 9/11 & NYC finest coming off the planes with tears in their eyes. Then the reading of them all with their badges blessed & embedded. The CFD & their salute to the fireman with T-Shirts with the words LAST BELL.

So off to meet McDonald & the boys for dinner, a show & then to Cleveland to meet our finest. Then Blue Angels, and we should be back in right minds.

For all CC members signing in late tonight. I just wanted to bring this post back up.

MACOP is a regular poster and has had a very sad day.

Thinking of you Brenda, and praying for all your fellow officers and the family of AJ.

Kate

with everything going on with AJ's funeral, they took time to print out when & where everything will be happening. Latest shocker was family wins AJ buried in Suburban Pittsburgh not Cleveland. So over 1000 squad cars going down Ohio Turnpike after the Cathedral service.

So glad they are using the photo I chose (almost 11 years old). But same smile & warmth of a great human being.............

Last night over 200 citizens at a church down the street from the shooting & the the lawn of the boarded up house has flowers, candles, baloons, signs & cards from the public.

We thank WKYC TV for the public space for folks who want to attend the services. Just visit: http://wkyc.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=56299

Archived