I Can Use My Friends

after taking my husband to work this morning, I am held up on the freeway with a 25 POLICE CAR balloon to autos in the middle going to Metro Hospital by my home. So I follow to see other fellow officers that immedatly come over to hug & cry. Then I learn that Vice Detective A J Schroeder was shot & killed at 12:021AM as he served a warrant for arrest of a burglar & rapist. The 2 handed shooter blew apart the center of his door & a bullet went into AJ's armpit & into his heart killing him.

The Police balloon was for his parents from Pittsburgh & wife with year old son with them. 3 other brothers didn't know so 10 hours of quiet from media til they were found & told. So Funeral is Tuesday - Wake this weekend. 1000 police cars due so far from all over USA & Canada. The Navy Blue Angels are in town for the air show this Labor Day weekend, and Michael MCDonald is in concert at Blossom with Steely Dan tomorrow night. I just placed a call to Dan at HOB to have Mike call me to do a few tunes for CPD this weekend. He has agreed & it will be at the Office's Memorial where AJ's badge will be added. Saturday evening for the officers & family.

Now I just learn that AJ was to learn that he has #2 on the way. So we have a job for 9 months.

A day of tears, hugs & getting stuff done planning the funeral. There just is no way to describe how we are all shot right along with him. But tomorrow will be another day to get back to normal.

Our thoughts and prayers are coming your way, too. That poor family! We have two officers in our immediate family and I worry constantly about them both. It's devastating to the entire police community when this happens. God bless....

Cheryl

Another heartfelt "so very sorry" from Florida, and I would also like to say thank you...to you and every police officer who puts their lives on the line on a daily basis. Thank you to you and your families.

Thank you.

after taking my husband to work this morning, I am held up on the freeway with a 25 POLICE CAR balloon to autos in the middle going to Metro Hospital by my home. So I follow to see other fellow officers that immedatly come over to hug & cry. Then I learn that Vice Detective A J Schroeder was shot & killed at 12:021AM as he served a warrant for arrest of a burglar & rapist. The 2 handed shooter blew apart the center of his door & a bullet went into AJ's armpit & into his heart killing him.

The Police balloon was for his parents from Pittsburgh & wife with year old son with them. 3 other brothers didn't know so 10 hours of quiet from media til they were found & told. So Funeral is Tuesday - Wake this weekend. 1000 police cars due so far from all over USA & Canada. The Navy Blue Angels are in town for the air show this Labor Day weekend, and Michael MCDonald is in concert at Blossom with Steely Dan tomorrow night. I just placed a call to Dan at HOB to have Mike call me to do a few tunes for CPD this weekend. He has agreed & it will be at the Office's Memorial where AJ's badge will be added. Saturday evening for the officers & family.

Now I just learn that AJ was to learn that he has #2 on the way. So we have a job for 9 months.

A day of tears, hugs & getting stuff done planning the funeral. There just is no way to describe how we are all shot right along with him. But tomorrow will be another day to get back to normal.

your family here on CC grieves along with you... sincere sympathies and prayers are with you and the officers family.

I am sorry for your loss, and even more sorry for the family and widow, who at a time which should have been so joyful (#2 on the way) will be darkened by such grief. God bless her. Your entire family (including fellow officers) is in our prayers.

MACOP~~ This is so terrible. My DS is a police officer and has had 3 fellow officers shot. They were all lucky enough to survive however. I will pray for A.J.'s family, his police family and all officers out there putting their lives on the line for us day in & day out.

Take care.

Cindy

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family, friends and fellow police officers of Vice Detective A J Schroeder.

My prayers are with you and I hope you find some small comfort from all your friends at CC.

Alexis

Archived