Who tries on all their outfits with accessories before you go?

monakayk

I just wanted to know who tries on all their outfits with accessories that they will wear with each outfit before going on their cruise?:confused:

I did this yesterday and had so much fun...doing a 'fashion show' for the hubby. I put on the radio to the 'Margritaville' station (tropical music) and then tried all my outfits on with all the jewelry, shoes, purses I would wear with each outfit.

Needless to say, this took some time, but it was fun...and it made me realize that I needed (believe it or not) a couple of extra tops! I thought I had my entire wardrobe bought and completed, but NOT. I still need at least two more tops! So I will go shopping tomorrow for those. Got to get them quick...we leave this coming Thurs. Sept. 7th for Houston! Our cruise is on the 10th!!!

Also, I 'tagged' all my outfits with the days/dates/Day or Night on them and have them in our spare closet in the order I will wear them on the ship. I have also typed out exactly what I will wear on each day...during the day and for evening for dinner.

Do I have Over Compulsive Disorder or what?!!!!! YESSSSSSSSS I know I do! LOL.

:) Happy Cruising!:)

ME! ME! ME! I do it too!

I put on the radio to the 'Margritaville' station (tropical music) and then tried all my outfits on with all the jewelry, shoes, purses I would wear with each outfit.

What radio staion is that?

Is it satellite? I have satellite... What station.. I never saw that on!

I WANT to find this!

HELP!:eek:

Have an awesome time on your cruise... I am jealous!:D

ME! ME! ME! I do it too!

What radio staion is that?

Is it satellite? I have satellite... What station.. I never saw that on!

I WANT to find this!

HELP!:eek:

Have an awesome time on your cruise... I am jealous!:D

Nice to know there is at least 2 of us that do this! LOL.

I have Dish Satellite TV...our channel number is 945! You can go to the URL below and listen to it online:

http://www.radiomargaritaville.com/listen_now.htm

:) HappCruisingng!:)

I would be the opposite extreme. I really only try on something I'm not quite sure if it fits. The most effort at all I would make is throw some garments on the bed and mix and match some tops to see if they combine well. I would never expend effort trying on all the combinations, shoes and accessories. I wouldn't parade in front of Hubby either. He has probably already seen most of those clothes before.

I start a week before the cruise, to make sure everything fits well and I still like what it looks like on me. I have been known to change my mind :rolleyes: . I have everything put together, hung onto a rolling rack and whatever accessories are going along hung in little bags right onto the hangers.

I stop short of planning what to wear on schedule, though. I learned years ago that the best laid plans can go awry and it's best to relax about some things.

Now, I just plan X number of day and evening outfits, formal (semi formal if there are any) and just wear what I want for whatever day or evening.

I also don't plan out every minute of our days any longer. Our first couple of cruises, I planned down to the hour and only a couple of things ended up happening. It all takes so much longer than you think, it's best to only plan minimal activities and then do more if time and energy allow.

One thing I have learned to do well on vacation is to take time to relax and do nothing at all....and not feel the least bit of guilt for it :)

I will do somewhat what HeavySurf does...

If there is a doubt that something won't fit, or is "looking old" I'll try it on.

Usually, things get taken out and "lined up" and matched up.

Accesories are limited and I wear the same 6 pieces of good jewelry every day of my life (other than earrings)...2 rings, watch, bracelet, pendant, ankle bracelet. For cruises I try to scale down on shoes so that everything matches.

I take mental note of what goes with what and dress for the trip from morning till night without trying anything on...as I'm thinking of it, it goes in the suitcase or in the vacation spot!!

No, I'd never do that. That's waaay toooo organized for my style.

I try everything on about a week or two before the cruise to make sure things fit and I still like them.

I make a list of outfits for the formal night. If the cruise has 2 formal nights I usually bring 3 dresses to wear. I like choices.

Then - a list of separates that's divided into daytime and evening - pants, tops, skirts, etc.

Then the shoes - again, day, evening, etc. Other than for eveningwear, if any shoe only goes with one item, it stays home.

Then the accessories, which I never organize. I just throw in what looks good. Just make sure I have enough matching shawls and/or cardigans for dining room because I'm always cold.

Finally, count out how much underwear I need and make sure any special undergarment for a particular dress is noted on the list.

That's it!

Funny how we all prep in our own way.

I have a friend who buys formals and THEN books a cruise!! She looks for a cruise to go with her outfits!!!

I am not a last minute planner nor an over planner...but I do have some basics that go on every cruise and since we travel a lot for pleasure I have the "vacation closet" so things that are musts are always there....

If it's something new then I will try it on for the hubby and walk around in the shoes that I am wearing with it. If it is something I haven't worn in a while I will try that on as well to make sure it still fits! If I do take the time to try something on then I will go ahead and make sure my accessories are right too :)

nope I don't try on anything beforehand. esp since if I'm lucky I'll be home to pack at least 2 days prior to my cruise.. I have a list of formal wear to take and know what items I need to take.

Shoes need to match more than one item or they stay home. As for tagging in the order that I will wear them that is way to organized for me.

DH would never sit to watch me try on stuff, and I would never make that much effort.

I think about the climate I'll be going to. (temperature and check if it's going to rain). I generally pack the night before a trip. Same with DH, he packs the night before the trip as well. The most he will say is "how long are we going for", so he knows how much to bring. For me it's all about the climate/temp.

I can't plan what I'll wear in advance. My clothing for vacation is basically the same that I'll wear at home, except for ski vacations, which I have to remember to bring all the ski stuff.

Happy safe healthy travels to all those going on trips.

The underwear and shoes are what I concentrate on......nothing like wearing those white capris and then noticing that your undies aren't the right shade and are showing! It doesn't take that long to make sure you have the right underwear for the clothes you take.

Since I don't wear high heels that often, I will put them on (even with shorts) and wear them around the house to see how long they will be comfortable. If I can't go at least 4 hours, then I go out and buy something else.

If I am taking a garment that hasn't been worn in a while, I always try it on before.....bodies change and I don't like surprises.

I always try on the formal stuff, with all the right undergarments, and shoes. I don't usually do the accessories unless I'm trying to decide on what looks best (or fits my mood). DH would watch if I asked him, but I wouldn't do that to him. Now, DS who is 5, will watch if I let him.

I did the same thing last week. Tryed on all my evening outfits, did my fashion show for DH..so much fun. Mona, I'm on the same cruise....see you in a week!

Ohhhhhhhhh yeah we are.....are you excited yet? I am about to bust...I can't wait to get on that ship and have fun, fun, fun in the sun!

:) Cya on the ship!:)

Well, it isn't just the "girls". LOL. I've lost a lot of weight since my last cruise, so I have already pulled out my tux and tried it on to make sure that it still fit well enough that I don't have to have it tailored. I still have to pull my uniform out and try it on, that one's the bear, since I have to wear specific shoes, belt, medals, ribbons, undershirt, socks, gloves, etc etc to be "legal" in the uniform. Once I try it on and make sure that I have everything that goes with it, it all gets packed so that nothing goes missing. That's what has worked best for me so far.

Both my husband and I try on our formal attire before every cruise. Not only is it fun but, as in Wraithe's case, gives us a chance to see if anything needs altered. We also go through the daywear and match up tops with bottoms, shoes with outfits, etc so we don't over pack...hope springs eternal!

Off to Bermuda next Saturday!

Yes, about 1 month ahead try everything on to be sure of fit, comfort etc. Also go thru and do a count to be sure we both have enough clothes for the trip (no laundry duty on the cruise for me ... :) )

We leave for Alaska cruise in one week. Last night I retried everything on just to be sure of choices for the cruise (daily and formal nights). Everything still had the look I wanted, so am all set except for packing.

I'm so excited. Can't wait. Feel like the kid waiting for Santa to arrive.

I am going on my first cruise in February, and my outfits are pretty much all ready to go except for accessories such as evening bags and evening bag holders. I am so bad that yesterday, I was out shopping for my 4th formal dress. There are only 2 formal nights on the cruise, but I'm going HAL and their alternative restaurant, Pinnacle Grill, indicates that formal attire is preferred....just another excuse to get yet another formal/ball gown. I found one yesterday when I was out. I was so excited that I rushed home and tried it on...gown...shoes....crinoline...necklace...shawl... for Eric!! Then I went out to get my groceries!! :D

I try on everything before we leave, and plan the accessories as well. I also do the fashion show thing with my husband who reports his favorite is the swimsuits and lingerie.;)

Although I don't have daily lists of what to wear I bring one extra evening outfit in case I change my mind.

I think anticipation of the cruise is half the fun ~ so the clothes planning is a part of it!

Payd:)

I think that I have everyone all beat. I enjoy buying new clothes for going on cruises (but we only cruise every 2-3 years, so I need new "stuff" anyway). I have spent the past year both dieting and collecting items on sale .... I have found some beautiful clothes.

Starting back in July I've started "playing" with the clothes (Wednesday Nights) every 2 weeks to see how they look with diferent jewelry, fitting, shoes, etc. Most clothes were purchased for lasting wear and a size smaller than I was a year ago.

All the clothes now fit (although everything is too long) and a few items will need to be taken in in the waist ... easy alterations. All bathing suits (purchased in the spring) had to be taken back yesterday. Found the exact suits on sale in a size smaller at TJ Maxx - so yesterday I purchased them for $7.00 each. Love bargains.

This is what "I" enjoy - I like order and structure (I spend my "real" life as an executive in both accounting and in finance), and this gives a chance to just have fun! Part of any adventure is the anticipation and "playing" with clothes works - I really enjoy it. I have a master list on the computer with all items, accessories, from day to night to travel... etc.

Again, this time I will be having a fashion show for people at work, my hairdresser, my kids, friends (hopefully wine included), but not DH - he doesn't see anything until we leave. Jan

I

have spent the past year both dieting and collecting items on sale .... I have found some beautiful clothes.

Starting back in July I've started "playing" with the clothes (Wednesday Nights) every 2 weeks to see how they look with diferent jewelry, fitting, shoes, etc. Most clothes were purchased for lasting wear and a size smaller than I was a year ago.

All the clothes now fit (although everything is too long) and a few items will need to be taken in in the waist ... easy alterations

Good for you Jan!!

What a great feeling, so worth it!!

:D

Archived