Anyone been to the Hyatt recently?

poppycat

I was wondering if the Hyatt is still offering their day pass and if it is still $35?How far is that from where the cruise ships are tendered and cost? Any recent reviews. I think I read somewhere that the Hyatt was doing some construction and wondered if that was done yet. I was all set to do Nativeway to Rum Point, but my daughter doesn't want to do the stingrays. She had alot of reservations before the "accident". It's not that she's afraid, she just doesn't like that type of thing, so we decided to do just a beach day. So it's Seagrapes, Royal Palms, or Hyatt. Is one better than the other? Less crowded, better beach area? Lots of questions, just trying to do some research before I get there. Any help would be appreciated. Poppycat

I just received an email from the Hyatt regarding this. You can rent a day room between 8 and 4 for $230 or you can buy a day pass for the facilities for $25. We are thinking about doing this in Nov. Let me know your email if you want a copy of what the Hyatt sent. Also, the Westin will rent a day room for $164 as well and you get to use the facilities. They did not sell day passes. If you want a copy of these emails, send me your email and I will forward them to you.

Bill

Do to the popular demand, here is the information provided by the Hyatt in Grand Cayman:

"Hello Bill,

Thank you for your interest in our resort. We do offer a day rate for suites in November that rate is US$230 +20% tax per day. It includes the use of a one bedroom ocean view suite and all the beach and pool facilities. We also offer a day pass taht does not inlcude the use of a suite that rate is US$25 per person this is for the use of beach and pool facilities. To book a day use room it is recommended that you confirm your reservation at least $48 hours prior to arrival.

Regards,

Ryan

Ryan Williams

Reservation Coordinator

Hyatt Regency Grand Cayman Beach Suites

Tel: 345-949-1234 x 4703"

You can also email the Hyatt in Cayman at:

caymanreservation@hyatt.com

Hope this helps everyone. We are planning on going there on our Freedom Cruise during the week of Thanksgiving.

BillfromWV@Hotmail.com

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is such a great thread!! I would love to spend some 'beach' time when on my Panama cruise and think the Hyatt will be a must do :)

How far is the Hyatt from where the cruise ships are? I saw someone mention a taxi....any idea on distance?

I am also looking at Captain Marvin's Hell/Turtle Farm Tour.

Lisa

thanks for all the info

will check into the Hyatt & the other two-- If anyone has info abt the other two places, could you pls post it..we are looking for somting not too far from the tender dock that has a pool. Once went to Spanish Point on a ship's excursions; it was pricey, included unlimited alochol & a buffet lunch (very nice) & snorkeling & a pool but it was a very long ride, the busses got all "snafued" & we are not big drinkers--something closer with a pool & place to have lunch is ideal! we will take the little tram excursion offered by the ship but then want to enjoy some sun & a nice lunch! Really appreciate all the posts!

Archived