Millenium Inside

waunabcruizin

Does anyone know the differences between inside cabins facing side-to-side versus the inside cabins facing front to back (ok, athwartships vs fore and aft for all you nautical types)? Is the layout different? Which is the least claustrophobic? We are considering a 14-day Eastern Med cruise on Millenium in the 'cheap seats' and need some perspective on this. Thanks.

Carol (and Linda).

Carol,

Hi! Good to meet you on a different boarfd We did the Med on Millennium in 2005 in an inside. Ours was the 'traditional layout' not the fore and aft. I peeked in to one of those but the door wasn't open wide enough to tell the difference. Ours was fine for that port intensive cruise and we enjoyed spending the extra money on private tours. Would we have rather had a luxury CC room like our pals, of course! But the budget wouldn't allow for it. If you need port info, email me.... When are you planning to sail?

We were in a N-S inside cabin on Galaxy (I'm a geographer :) by trade, a cruiser through retirement:D)

In a more common E-W layout, the door is at the narrow end of the cabin.

In a N-S cabin, the door is in the middle and we lost out on the table and chair that would normally be there.. I would suggest picking another cabin.

Hey Everybody - Thanks for the input. I'll be on the Mercury in about 8 days and will try to check out one of those 'wrong way' cabins to see the layout.

Sheila! How nice to run into you on this board. We're thinking about the Millenium on October 21, 2007 from Venice to Barcelona. It sounds like a great itinerary but we'll have to see if Linda can get enough vacation to do a 14-niter when Oz is only 6 months down the road from then. We may take a chance and book it when on Mercury on 9/15 and then cancel later if we find she can't get the time for both the Med and Oz.

Thanks again everybody for your input to our question on the staterooms.

Carol (and Linda).

Archived