Canada/New England

KMN927

Is anyone going on the 9 night Canada/New England cruise on EOS. on 8/31/07 form Bayonne, NJ? I was just on EOS to the eastern caribbean and I loved the ship.....Can anyone tell me what the Canada/NE cruise is like?? Thank You Kathy

I'm not on this cruise, but it looks FANTASTIC. I would love to go, if only I didn't have to be back at school and if only I wouldn't have just gotten back from two weeks on the Explorer to the Caribbean and Bermuda..........:D :D

We've done a 7 day and a 5 day to Canada/New England, and loved loved loved both. These are great ports-of-call and you should have a marvelous cruise. If you've never been on her, you will truly enjoy the amazing Explorer of the Seas, which is the 3rd in the Voyager class.

If you ask more specific questions, we can give you better answers!

I think you will find mostly adults on this cruise...few children as they are all back to school. We did the New England cruise out of Bayonne last summer on the Enchantment. We enjoyed it very much but, even then, we noticed far more "retirement" aged people than we have seen on the Caribbean cruises. We went with friends and they jokingly called the solarium the sanitarium. Personally, I love meeting all ages and kinds of people so it doesn't matter to me who my fellow passengers are.;)

Hello I was just wondering what the temps are like there in the begining of Sept? Is this cruise a lot of older people or is it a mixed crowd? Thanks

Hi,

The temperature in Halifax was around 70 yesterday! IMO still shorts and t-shirt weather :) Can't answer about the crowd.

Weather is a big issue. It may be quite a bit cooler and damper than you think in Canada

And then again it may be quite a bit warmer than you think. Canada, especially the Maritime provinces, isnt exactly the Frozen North, especially in September and October. :rolleyes: The weather and temperatures are not much different from what you will experience in New York or New England at this time of year. You can have temperatures in the seventies or the fifties. Dress in layers and you will be comfortable regardless of the temperatures.

All of Rci cruises have at least one formal night. On a 9-night there will most likely be two similar to the week-long cruises.

As to temps., they can vary greatly here in New England and as someone already mentioned in the Maritime provinces of Canada. I am in the Boston suburbs and it is 81 here today while a couple of days ago it was in the 60's. As another poster suggested, layering is the key!!

Don't know if you are looking for fall foliage, but you are a little early for that. In any case, have a wonderful time,you will see some beautiful areas!

And then again it may be quite a bit warmer than you think. Canada, especially the Maritime provinces, isnt exactly the Frozen North, especially in September and October. :rolleyes: The weather and temperatures are not much different from what you will experience in New York or New England at this time of year. You can have temperatures in the seventies or the fifties. Dress in layers and you will be comfortable regardless of the temperatures.

Yes, we aren't quite frozen in yet! That comes usually late October early November. Lots of good sun bathing and gardening weather. Western provinces had a heat wave (note the forest fires as well) and it's been pretty warm in the Maritime provinces as well. I'd say take some cooler-weather clothes, but shorts and stuff as well. :D

Fran in Toronto

Has anyone noticed if these New England Canada cruises are more dress down--due to the layers--like I have heard Alask cruises can be?

The layers suggestion for dress is primarily for daytime when you are out and about or on a shore excursion and subject to the vagaries of the weather. In the evening the dress is not much different from what you will encounter on a cruise in any other location. It is getting less formal even in the Caribbean but there will still be nights when the suggested dress is formal or smart casual regardless of where you are cruising.

Hello again....Can anyone tell me if there are any formal nights on the Canada/NE cruise??

Yes, there will at least be one formal night, more than likely there will be two formal nights........the first being the second day with the captains welcome party, and the other on will be a day at sea. I say this, not knowing what ship you are on, but looking at our 7 day cruise on the Jewel.

Rick

Thanks so much for all your help......This is my 8th cruise and we r going on the EOS......We have just returned form the EOS and the eastern caribbean on 9/3/06.........Had a wonderful time......I am sure I wil enjoy Canada/NE just as much.........

Archived