2007 passport laws-postponed again??

Ok, so am I crazy or did I see something briefly on the boards yesterday stating that the new passport requirements supposedly starting

Dec 31, 2006 have once again been pushed back??:eek:

I am really hoping this is ture, because I don't really feel like getting my 2 kids passports for our New Years cruise.

Any one know for sure either way??:confused:

Thanks.

Tracey, I think the new deadline is January 8th, 2007. I would check the passport website though to make sure.

Thanks Wrona. Why the heck would they confuse the issue even more by postpoing it 8 days-how lame.:confused:

But it's funny, those 8 days will make all the difference to me personally-we get back Jan 3, so if this is correct, we don't need to get the

ankle-biters passports quite yet...unitl the next cruise.:D

It is now Jan 8th. But that is still just the proposed date. There are those that are still trying to get the date pushed back more.

The whole thing is just silly if you ask me. The govt. needs to make a decision and stick with it-this stuff was originally supposed to change as of Jan. 1, 2006-then 2007, now they may push it back again-it just makes the whole issue that more complicated.:eek:

Thanks Wrona. Why the heck would they confuse the issue even more by postpoing it 8 days-how lame.:confused:

But it's funny, those 8 days will make all the difference to me personally-we get back Jan 3, so if this is correct, we don't need to get the

ankle-biters passports quite yet...unitl the next cruise.:D

Your situation is exactly why the date was postponed by a week. The Immigration service did not want to implement the nes rules over the holidays.

Archived