Logan airport to cruise terminal

symphony

Hi Folks,

We are planning a Canadian cruise next year, leaving from Boston. It would be helpful if someone could give us an idea of how long it may take by cab from the airport to the cruise terminal. Also, since we return from Montreal, do you think a flight at about 11:30 a.m. is pushing it? Haven't cruised in a while and never from these destinations, so any help or advice would be welcome. Thanks so much. Symphony

Hi Folks,

We are planning a Canadian cruise next year, leaving from Boston. It would be helpful if someone could give us an idea of how long it may take by cab from the airport to the cruise terminal. Also, since we return from Montreal, do you think a flight at about 11:30 a.m. is pushing it? Haven't cruised in a while and never from these destinations, so any help or advice would be welcome. Thanks so much. Symphony

On Saturday mornings, when you would be traveling to Maasdam, it should be a ten minute taxi ride from Logan Airport to Black Falcon Cruise Terminal.

HAL always says don't book a flight before 12 noon (or maybe they might even say 1:00 P.M.)........but the reality of it is that it would be a very unusual circumstance for you to not make an 11:30 flight. If it were me, I'd book that flight and I am not a risk taker.......I don't like the stress and anxiety but there is a high probability you should have no problem making that flight.

Which week are you booking?

Perhaps you'll join the HAL CC group cruise on June 23?

Host Doug has not been around lately to mention it but he started a group a while ago.

Thanks to Sail7Seas and Ruth for your replies. Just for clarity: I was worried about the 11:30 flight from Montreal to the US especially due the new security rules. I expect we'd need to be at the Montreal airport about 9:30, 2 hours before the flight. The ship docks at 7:00, so the more specific question is how long would it take from the dock in Montreal to the Montreal airport.

Sorry if I haven't been clear. I'm a nervous traveler and very detailed about travel times.

I very much wish we could go on the CC group cruise, but that date conflicts with my work. We're booked on June 9th. I hope it's not too chilly at that time, but we had no choice.

Again, thanks for your responses. Symphony

I understood your question to mean a return flight out of Montreal. I gave the info re: Boston's Logan as I don't know where you live but thought you might be flying into Boston. I think the 11:30 flight should be okay. DH and I have done the Boston to Montreal cruise two years in a row now and while we didn't go to the airport, as we were back-to-back and sailed back to Boston, disembarkation in Montreal began and ended very early. Anyone on both of those cruises made 11:30 A.M. flights easily.

We cruised last year on June 6. The weather was sunny and clear for the most part. One torrential day of rain in Quebec. You should bring some long sleeve blouses/jerseys but some short sleeve as well. A lightweight/waterproof type jacket would be good. We had days we sat at the pool and days we needed a long sleeve jersey and light jacket.

We will be sailing June 23 and June 30 next year and don't think the weather will be THAT much warmer.......just a little bit. It's delightful for touring.

Thank you so much for your response and your comments. We won't be afraid to book that 11:30 flight now. We are really looking forward to this itinerary. We've spent some time in Montreal a few years ago, but never got to Quebec, so that should be the highlight, we think. Hope you enjoy your scheduled cruises!

Archived