No upsell requests taken

Greetings all. I am sailing on the Dawn next month. This is my first NCL cruise and I booked the reservation directly with NCL. I called NCL today and asked about the availability of an upsell.

I was advised that there is an Upsell department, however "...they will call you if something is available." So I guess I just have to wait and see now eh?

Any of you more experienced cruisers have a solution or am I out of luck?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Greetings all. I am sailing on the Dawn next month. This is my first NCL cruise and I booked the reservation directly with NCL. I called NCL today and asked about the availability of an upsell.

I was advised that there is an Upsell department, however "...they will call you if something is available." So I guess I just have to wait and see now eh?

Any of you more experienced cruisers have a solution or am I out of luck?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

You are not out of luck.

NCL has been overwhelmed with calls...I'm sure due to the hurricane season and the new family discount offers.

I spoke with upsells yesterday...but I had spoken to them before this hurricane season started.

If you can send me a contact for you...a work phone # or something...I will contact you and give you the info.

Since you booked directly with NCL, you could still get an "upsell" call up until 2 days before your cruise. It has happened to us, we always book direct through NCL.

Good Luck:)

You are not out of luck.

NCL has been overwhelmed with calls...I'm sure due to the hurricane season and the new family discount offers.

I spoke with upsells yesterday...but I had spoken to them before this hurricane season started.

If you can send me a contact for you...a work phone # or something...I will contact you and give you the info.

Since you booked directly with NCL, you could still get an "upsell" call up until 2 days before your cruise. It has happened to us, we always book direct through NCL.

Good Luck:)

OK....what are you talking about as the new "family discount offers?" We are booked with 3 cabins for family on the POH Thanksgiving cruise. Just curious.

I am not familiar with this term. Is it a free upgrade? , is so how have we missed out on the 20 or so cruises we have taken up to now. Do you have to ask the cruise line direct or your TA. We are on the Pearl on Dec and have booked direct with NCL, but this is unusual as we normally book through a TA, not always the same one - we always shop around for the best deal. Cheers

I had a Cat EE booked on Pride of Hawaii. I saw that the balconies were selling out fast so I called to see if any were available. She said they were sold out but I could 'cancel the room I have now' and start a new booking for $25 that would put my name on a wait list for a possible available balcony cabin.Now why in the world would I cancel the booking I had just to hope I might get back on the ship in a balcony cabin??

I'm not so sure about NCL customer service rules.

Should have mentioned that we are in the UK. Perhaps it only applies to US cruisers. Cheers

Hi sandancer, unfortunately the upsells seem to be for US passengers only but maybe in December they'll have to consider those of us in the UK as, at least based on our roll call, UK passengers are in the majority. Let's just keep our fingers crossed.

I am not familiar with this term. Is it a free upgrade? , is so how have we missed out on the 20 or so cruises we have taken up to now. Do you have to ask the cruise line direct or your TA. We are on the Pearl on Dec and have booked direct with NCL, but this is unusual as we normally book through a TA, not always the same one - we always shop around for the best deal. Cheers

Not exactly. An upgrade would be free but an upsell is an offer from the cruise line for a higher category room at a discounted price. Sometimes it's severely reduced.

To learn about upsells, you can use the search feature and find more than you care to know. Bottom line - it is an offer for a higher category room at a discount.

As discussed at length over the past few weeks, they are in a "Don't Call Us, We Will Call You" mode these days.

You might want to scan the messages from the past week or two to see what others are saying.

Might just call NCL and enquire why upsells are not available to British guests on a cruise originating in the UK. In fact, why not on any NCL cruise, what difference does nationality make, we all want to get the best deal we can.

For some reason NCL, and most of the other cruise lines too, seem to have rules for US passengers and rules for UK passengers - and never the twain shall meet!!

I had a Cat EE booked on Pride of Hawaii. I saw that the balconies were selling out fast so I called to see if any were available. She said they were sold out but I could 'cancel the room I have now' and start a new booking for $25 that would put my name on a wait list for a possible available balcony cabin.Now why in the world would I cancel the booking I had just to hope I might get back on the ship in a balcony cabin??

I just tried to find out on NCL's website what has been sold on Aloha 10/22 and I couldn't find anything that would tell me. Could you help?

I just tried to find out on NCL's website what has been sold on Aloha 10/22 and I couldn't find anything that would tell me. Could you help?

You can get an indication of how "full" a sailing is by going into the booking section on NCL's website. This will show which cabin categories are still available. You just have to remember that in any category a maximum of 6 cabins are shown as being available - there could be many more (or just those 6).

To get a complete picture you would have to contact NCL (or a TA) but I've been told that "they're going fast" only to find that months later there are still many available!!

I do the same thing. Pretend like you are a new customer looking for a cruise. Fill in the info that would show your particular sailing and it at least shows which categories are not available anymore. On ours there are only inside and obstructed GTYS left. It won't show any specific room numbers. The penthouses and owners suites are a tiny bit above our budget.

Archived