A HAL Buy-Out

hammybee

Hammy - A true Mariner knows that this is a very real possibility, so this clause is unnecessary in the contract of carriage. ;) :D

I have several formals (worn once or twice on cruises or to weddings, New Years, things like that) to donate to the formalwear shop onboard. Am currently shopping e-Bay to replenish my supply, so am ready, willing & able to join the Ladies' Auxilliary. Please sign me up.

You are right about what true Mariners know. Heck, we don't even need a contract of carry which saves us the cost of a lawyer.

You and Codyody ( don't you like the way that rolls off your tongue) are the co-chairs of The Formal Exchange.

P.S. I am hammybee on eBay too.

I'm willing to do back-up bar-keeping in the Ocean Bar and be the Sommelier in the Dining Room (and Pinnacle)......If we owned the ships, surely we could keep ship's cats! (Better that kitty munch up the hot appetizers than me!)

That's the volunteer spirit and now that you mentioned it, you are also in charge of restoring the appetizers to the way they were. Just don't let on that we are using cat meat to control costs.

You and the Hojo are going to have to take it outside. This is my silly thread and I am not going to have anyone bring it down. Go start your own thread.

Go one now, ya hear ( as she picks up the broom)

I'll help too! Sign me up for fly swatter duty! I have a very large one to keep the pests in Jeans & the Seat & Row Savers out of Queens Lounge...

You 'll need a few Yum Yum Ladies, so I'm volunteering as long as I can wear the cute little red costume (short skirt) with a Pillbox Hat & ring those bells too..

Now please tell me where to send my $1.00 to get this take-over bid started..

LOL:D :) :D .

Hammy:

Do I qualify? I only have one HAL cruise under my belt. Maybe there's a spot for me washing dishes in the galley? If I work hard perhaps I could be promoted to pastry chef?:) However, I would refuse to make Baked Alaska.:eek: Karin

Karin,

We have a special job just for you. Assuming we allow children on board, would you consider running the HAL club? Instead of letting them run wild, teach them to read and write, and we'll have more business that we can shake a Baked Alaska at.

I'll help too! Sign me up for fly swatter duty! I have a very large one to keep the pests in Jeans & the Seat & Row Savers out of Queens Lounge...

You 'll need a few Yum Yum Ladies, so I'm volunteering as long as I can wear the cute little red costume (short skirt) with a Pillbox Hat & ring those bells too..

Now please tell me where to send my $1.00 to get this take-over bid started..

LOL:D :) :D .

You and your swatter will come in handy as we traverse the Panama Canal. I had not even thought about the pesky seat and row savers so you are now in charge on onboard Seat Security.

All of a sudden EVERYONE wants to be a YUM-Yum lady. If you promice to wear the pill box, slightly askew, (the only way a pill box should be worn in my book), we will let you have a ring at the bells.

Hang onto your checkbook. I invited Wyncruiser from another thread to come visit us here. He/she is solid CFO material.

Karin,

We have a special job just for you. Assuming we allow children on board, would you consider running the HAL club? Instead of letting them run wild, teach them to read and write, and we'll have more business that we can shake a Baked Alaska at.

No, no, Hammy, you are too gentle and civilized. We wouldn't want the little darlin's to run wild, but I do have an idea in mind:D

How about a naval academy? The kids would all be midshipmen, we could call it Club Hell-o, and they all have to earn their passage by swabbing decks, working in the engine room, and waiting on the ship's officers. They would have their own mess hall, and they'd bunk with the crew. Their parents would never have to see them, and the scurvy little rats would be too exhausted to make trouble. Hahaha, works for me.

I LOVE children.:p

Karin

LOL ... I realize your post was tongue in cheek, but there's a lot of truth in it too. Blue skies ...--rita

Rita...........It has been noted in you permanent record that you have thus far failed to volunteer for an appropriate post, on the not-for-profit HAL line. If you do not tell us how you can be of service, we will have no choice but to make you Karen's assistant in the Kid's Club, for lunch and dinner duty.

No, no, Hammy, you are too gentle and civilized. We wouldn't want the little darlin's to run wild, but I do have an idea in mind:D

How about a naval academy? The kids would all be midshipmen, we could call it Club Hell-o, and they all have to earn their passage by swabbing decks, working in the engine room, and waiting on the ship's officers. They would have their own mess hall, and they'd bunk with the crew. Their parents would never have to see them, and the scurvy little rats would be too exhausted to make trouble. Hahaha, works for me.

I LOVE children.:p

Karin

Karen,

It's initiative like this that gets noticed by the people on top. Your idea is brilliant. You have been promoted to Mistress of New Business Development. Parents the world over will be reserving cabin space decades in advance for the opportunity to wittness, a once in a lifetime event- seeing their precious children work. You may even make the cover of Time with this one. Congratulations.

Note to self: If we do not hear back from The Rita very soon, she is going to end up supervising food fights in the children's mess hall.

Goodnight Hammy...You gave me quite a chuckle tonight...I promise to wear my pillbox askew...Also will make you proud of my ability to control those Seat Hogs..Assume I'll wear a patch that says: "Seat Security"...

Hope you fill all those positions soon..Time to go to bed..

:cool: Happy Planning..Betty

P.S. Don't forget to let me know where to send my $1.00 to get the takeover bid started;) ...

Goodnight Hammy...You gave me quite a chuckle tonight...I promise to wear my pillbox askew...Also will make you proud of my ability to control those Seat Hogs..Assume I'll wear a patch that says: "Seat Security"...

Hope you fill all those positions soon..Time to go to bed..

:cool: Happy Planning..Betty

P.S. Don't forget to let me know where to send my $1.00 to get the takeover bid started;) ...

Great news Betty. You have done such an absolutely bang-up job of fund raising, you are now promoted to Mistress of Solicitations. The "seat patrol" patch will be forthcoming. Do you think you will need angry dogs? Please don't let the power go to your pillbox.

Did I hear my name being called????

Or was that the chimes calling me to dinner?

It took you long enough ( as she tapped her toe to the floor)

Your keen understanding for all things numerical, positions you to be the CFO of this, THE GREATEST CRUISE LINE OF ALL. You will work closely with Serndipity 1499 who is, as I key this, using her pillbox to raise the capital to effect the buy-out.

As the original member of the Auxillary, I am soliciting donations of formal wear; we are especially in need of tuxedos; so far, only one (size 44) has been offered. There is also a need for more volinteers - so far, there are only 2 of us and how can we possibly be on deck to enjoy our pea soup is we're working all the time? Perhaps an on-deck shop? Hmmm. I can see this is going to take more thought...

Great news Betty. You have done such an absolutely bang-up job of fund raising, you are now promoted to Mistress of Solicitations. The "seat patrol" patch will be forthcoming. Do you think you will need angry dogs? Please don't let the power go to your pillbox.

"Mistress of Solicitations" ! Looks like will have to get my French Maid's costume out..

Angry Dogs? Well will bring Brandy, but she's such a chicken, so might need help in that area..

Another good chuckle this morning:D :) ... I needed that..Thanks..Betty

As the original member of the Auxillary, I am soliciting donations of formal wear; we are especially in need of tuxedos; so far, only one (size 44) has been offered. There is also a need for more volinteers - so far, there are only 2 of us and how can we possibly be on deck to enjoy our pea soup is we're working all the time? Perhaps an on-deck shop? Hmmm. I can see this is going to take more thought...

Ok Cody..Count me in!...Will volunteer to help so that makes 3...An on-deck shop (in the shade please) will be fine..

Will also donate 10 formals as soon as I lose the LBS :( needed to purchase new ones..Have been on a diet & the LBS should be off in 8 1/2 weeks...("D" Day on the Ryndam)..:) Betty

Well we may have too be retained for a M&A action . CTCO:OTC hired a firm, announced today 09/11/2006 .

A for profit would/may be the best form and have it in a shell corp until we are able to do the initial funding .. will that be through new Pinnacle Grill charges and icecream fees? .... just think what N C L makes selling even apple juice and erroneous Port Charges and fees .... *WOW* new fees.. a profit center...which Carnival CCL: NYSE may accept if they allow a percentage of the new HAL groups profits to be distributed to them and have board representation and control....:eek: And maybe any shareholder holding more than Ten Thousand shares, 10,000 SH will be allowed a SUITE for a day once a year....

Bermuda from NYC/NJ is still the most profitable run for any ships line.. so we would have to have more ship trips there... with the $39.00 r/t air fare we do have to compete for passengers... but what does a meal and room cost in the South Hampton Princess now?

Thank you Grampy for volunteering to be the onboard butcher.

Lol, I thought that when Rita called me "fresh meat" I was "new blood" or a new cruiser on Hal. I didn't think I would find a job so fast. If I'm the butcher we will have only Pinnacle Grill quality meat throughtout the ship. Also, I only cut in my shorts and I like music in the background.:D

My hand is raised while jumping up and down in an eager fashion.....I want to be on this cruise line too:D !

This thread is hilarious. Now, let's see. What job may I have? I could volunteer to round up any passengers who are sour and cross. An appropriate committee could then decide what to do with them.

So, when do we sail?

:p

My hand is raised while jumping up and down in an eager fashion.....I want to be on this cruise line too:D !

This thread is hilarious. Now, let's see. What job may I have? I could volunteer to round up any passengers who are sour and cross. An appropriate committee could then decide what to do with them.

So, when do we sail?

:p

I want to be on that committee & my vote would be:

"Let them walk the plank"..

Notice to all Prospective Share Holders:

As "Mistress of Solicitations" I insist that everyone, who desires to become a share-holder, immediately send in your $1.00 in order for us to get this take-over started.. This entitles each share-holder to one $2.00 shipboard credit per year,per cabin,per day...It makes no difference how many shares you have- Everyone is treated Equally..

It's up to you to find out where to send it..:confused:

I want to be on that committee & my vote would be:

"Let them walk the plank"..

Notice to all Prospective Share Holders:

As "Mistress of Solicitations" I insist that everyone, who desires to become a share-holder, immediately send in your $1.00 in order for us to get this take-over started.. This entitles each share-holder to one $2.00 shipboard credit per year,per cabin,per day...It makes no difference how many shares you have- Everyone is treated Equally..

It's up to you to find out where to send it..:confused:

Okay I just sent my dollar. Since I didn't know where to send it I just dropped it in a mailbox. I'm sure the postal service will figure out how to get it to you. (as she is still nibbling on a date with hat tipped to the port side)

Archived