Bermuda

IBEEMOM

No one right now can tell you anything except it probably will not be cancelled. I never say never because you never know what may happen.

Where you go will depend a lot on how much damage this hurricane will cause. Winds are now at 90 mph and it looks like the eye will pass just west of the island which can give them the worst of the storm. How soon can they recover from any damage is according to how much there is.

And to top it off. Another low has formed 550 miles ENE of the Leewards heading west and is expected to form a depression. There may be another problem with this low by next week.

Not what you wanted to hear I'm sure.

The storm will be gone by time you cruise on the 17th. So it will not be cancelled for bad weather.

Nobody will know if damage from the storm will cause a problem until late Monday and probably Tuesday depending on when they can evaluate what happened.

You can find out plenty at cnn.com or any of the major news pages.

I have a gf in work who is on your sailing Sunday. As I mentioned upbove after the last hurricane Bermuda had which was 3 years, the cruises from NY went north. People on the first sailing who showed up in NY to sail Celebrity (Zenith) to Bermuda had no clue they where going north until they got to port. We were the first sailing back. No flowers, sandblasted trees, a sad site. Plus the bridge was out so the buses where not running from one end of the Bermuda to another. Hopefully the damage if any will be minimal. :o

Archived