Missing: Here we go again

Caribbean Dad

As Bill pointed out earlier, the S&S secure pass system would have her down as not reboarding in Mexico, and mystery solved.

If you have seen any comment that points in any way to the status of her sail and sign card, please point me to the article. As I said I have no read an OFFICIAL comment from either the FBI or Carnival that points in any way on that issue. The only comment so far is that she is missing. They do not go as far as to say anything else such as lost at sea or presumed to be lost overboard. As far as I have seen so far the only comments have been from other readers voicing their comments and theories.

I don't think that an official FBI spokesman would say "No foul play suspected" if they had no idea what had happened to her. Maybe they suspect she was left in Mexico, but have not yet verified facts. This could lead to a comment about no foul play suspected. Again READ BETWEEN THE LINES.

Kevin

If you have seen any comment that points in any way to the status of her sail and sign card, please point me to the article. As I said I have no read an OFFICIAL comment from either the FBI or Carnival that points in any way on that issue. The only comment so far is that she is missing. They do not go as far as to say anything else such as lost at sea or presumed to be lost overboard. As far as I have seen so far the only comments have been from other readers voicing their comments and theories.

I don't think that an official FBI spokesman would say "No foul play suspected" if they had no idea what had happened to her. Maybe they suspect she was left in Mexico, but have not yet verified facts. This could lead to a comment about no foul play suspected. Again READ BETWEEN THE LINES.

Kevin

Sorry reading in black and white is good enough. If she didn't get back on the ship, she wouldn't be "missing" they would know where she was. :rolleyes:

Not really anything new to add but I just saw this on the news here. The news station here reported that a 36 year old Ohio woman travelling with her family went missing aboard the Carnival ship Imagination. They said that the woman was last seen in the early morning hours on Sunday by her 14 year old son but was not reported missing until today when the ship docked in Miami. They also added that no foul play was suspected.

Pretty sad.

Why all the uproar? Yes, it's unfortunate. But how many people die every day from just getting out of bed and leaving the house. Just because things happen on cruise ships (or any number of places), the media sensationalizes these EVERYDAY events. And some (not all) of you buy into it, further fueling the media's shark-like frenzy over a thing that can and does happen to thousands of people every day while going about the course of their day...they die. This person just HAPPENED to be on a cruise ship. Why not all the commotion when someone dies in a wheat field or a car accident?

Cruise Passengers and Crew Overboard 1995 - 2006

from

http://www.cruisejunkie.com/Overboard.html

Wow Derf.....Interesting reading....

Where do you find these things??

I had no idea so many reports out there on "missing passengers" :confused:

Some are very sad :(

Some a means to an end

Some just down right ignorant~

Why all the uproar? Yes, it's unfortunate. But how many people die every day from just getting out of bed and leaving the house. Just because things happen on cruise ships (or any number of places), the media sensationalizes these EVERYDAY events. And some (not all) of you buy into it, further fueling the media's shark-like frenzy over a thing that can and does happen to thousands of people every day while going about the course of their day...they die. This person just HAPPENED to be on a cruise ship. Why not all the commotion when someone dies in a wheat field or a car accident?

That's what I try to tell my hysterical family members that call and alert me every time someone goes missing. Know what I say? "Thanks for calling. I feel really bad for the family, but as for the cruise industry coming under scrutiny? I hope it scares off all potential passengers, leaving more room for me on the ship and forcing them to lower prices. I'll send you a postcard next time I go". :D

A 37 year old woman was reported missing when the ship docked in Miami after a four-day cruise to Key West and Mexico. The woman was reportedly least seen by relatives on Saturday night.

from

http://www.cruisejunkie.com/events.html

From the not missing but mislaid department: Monday CND ran an article about a Fascination passenger who reported that her cabinmate wasn't in her cabin when she woke up. After searching the ship it turned out he was missing, and the Coast Guard was called in to search the path the ship had sailed since he was last seen. One cruise executive dropped us a line to let us know that these days more often than not when a cabinmate is reported "missing" and not in the cabin in the morning, it turns out that the person somehow managed to be sleeping in the wrong cabin, and is amazed that the person in bed with them isn't their original cabinmate. I guess one bed was too hard, and they checked another one that was too soft and they kept going until they found one that was j-u-s-t right.

How about corn_fieldcritic.com?

http://www.iowafarmertoday.com/corn_cam/

[sarcasm]Thanks Don[/sarcasm]

Talk about hitting close to home. Now you guys have an idea as to why I need to escape to the Caribbean as often as I can.

;)

derf

:D

That was my first thought........and probably the families too........might be why it took two days for them to report it. :eek: :D

[sarcasm]Thanks Don[/sarcasm]

Talk about hitting close to home. Now you guys have an idea as to why I need to escape to the Caribbean as often as I can.

;)

Your welcome. Feel free to return the favor by posting something from igloos-r-us.com. :p

I was on the Imagination for that cruise. We went to Key West and Calica.

On Monday morning at debarkation they kept repeating an announcement for this woman to contact the Pursers Office. I even had a thought at that time that something might have happened to her. The announcement was for a lady with an Upper deck Penthouse Suite, the cabins that have a balcony !

Archived