Missing: Here we go again

Caribbean Dad

I agree, makes you wonder why no one reported her missing earlier!

Well, there are a few rather obvious possibilities, but without knowing more about this woman, her character, and what she had been up to while on board, it wouldn’t be appropriate to voice them.

Maybe she was the type to make friends easy and liked to party and disappeared in the past? I just don't think I would have waited that long. In May we were on the Conquest with our daughter, 29, and this was here first time in 5 years away from hubbie and the kids. She doesn't drink but did with us. She got so polluted that I was afraid to turn away for a second. She thinks everyone is a friend and always has. We kept her in arms length and tucked her into her cabin. She did not drink the rest of the cruise. I thought it was funny but I can see how easily someone can get into trouble without asking for it. Also, why do the waiters keep pushing the booze? I know, money.

Linda

Linda it's really a shame that you had to go and blame the waiters for pushing liquor for money instead of blaming the person for drinking too much.

And it is REALLY a shame that you have chosen to try to start something. The boards do not need this type of conduct. A young woman has no doubt died here and you choose to to try stir things up. Really a pity that you don't choose to think before you post!

And it is REALLY a shame that you have chosen to try to start something. The boards do not need this type of conduct. A young woman has no doubt died here and you choose to to try stir things up. Really a pity that you don't choose to think before you post!

The poster merely pointed out the unfair comment. Did not flame, was not overtly rude, just pointed out that the comment was unwarranted and unnecessary.

No one here knows what has happened. It was not reported she was "drinking heavily" or anything else untoward. The drinking connection was probably inferred from the shared experience of the other poster's 29 y.o. daughter and things got mixed up.

Everyone should calm down, take a step back from the electronic umbilical cords (ie: computers), take a deep breath, and put their thoughts/prayers on this woman and her family.

These threads get high jacked all the time. For someone to defend the waiters is totally in line. The first write should never have suggested it would be the waiters fault. She sat back and watched. Take sum responsibility!!

I just stumbled across this article. Looks like the cruise industry, and Carnival in particular, will be going back under the media microscope. Regardless, it's too bad for the lady and her family. I just wonder why they waited so long to report it.

Its very sad. You go on a cruise to have fun, and to have something like this happen, My heart goes out to the family.

My comments were to bring to light that a tragedy has happened here. And certainly not to defend or condemn the bar waiters. The thread is about a missing person not about defending or condemning bar waiters. And since when should a mother monitor a 29 year old adult daughter's drinking!

Take it outside people!

Is this the same cruise with the passengers being air lifted?

It is in our paper today..Carnival Ship...just left Key West on its way to Mexico. A 75 old man w/stroke, a lady with broken wrist and another injury.

Poor Carnival

Maybe she met someone in port and didn't make it back on? Do we have to assume she is dead? Maybe she is just missing!

Maybe she met someone in port and didn't make it back on? Do we have to assume she is dead? Maybe she is just missing!

I think that would have already come out. Her S&S Card would have alerted the crew as to whether or not she reboarded, or for that matter, even left the ship at the last port. (The S&S Card records each time you board or leave the ship, and you can't get off or on without it. That is, unless you fall/get pushed/jump off.)

to date I have not read any official comment other than that the FBI is investigating, and that foul play is not suspected. If you read between those lines, it sounds to me like she got off in a port and was possibly left. If it was any other possibility, foul play WOULD be suspected. My vote is that she got off in Mexico, got drunk and missed the boat. She obviously had a real good family relationship for her family to not report her missing until the boat docked back in Florida.. Sounds like a Jerry Springer moment....LOL

Kevin JMHO

to date I have not read any official comment other than that the FBI is investigating, and that foul play is not suspected. If you read between those lines, it sounds to me like she got off in a port and was possibly left. If it was any other possibility, foul play WOULD be suspected. My vote is that she got off in Mexico, got drunk and missed the boat. She obviously had a real good family relationship for her family to not report her missing until the boat docked back in Florida.. Sounds like a Jerry Springer moment....LOL

Kevin JMHO

As Bill pointed out earlier, the S&S secure pass system would have her down as not reboarding in Mexico, and mystery solved.

well, let's be honest...the S&S Card doesn't always work.

A paasenger dropped a bottle of booze whil reboarding. It broke and cause quite a commotion. It all the mix up her card was never scanned. And they didn't even notice until the next day.

It is doubtful...but it does happen.

Maybe she didn't want to be found....since there are no facts yet...I choose to look to the brighter side and have hope.

Archived