Labadee Waverunners...

wantin2cruise

• 4 weeks later...

Get a waterproof bag and store it in the compartment provided on the wave runner. Usually below the seat. Generally, we ask another cruise passenger sitting on the beach to watch our stuff. Never have had a problem doing this.

Patnjohn,

You're doing Celebrity Constellation as we are as well. We've booked the Malfini beach excursion for Labadee. Constellation is the only ship in port for that day, so all the folks on the beach will be "our" people. Shouldn't have a problem getting someone to look out for you.

• 2 weeks later...
No matter what age you are - you must have a valid drivers license.

When did they start this. We have never had to bring a drivers license with us. Last week in Coco Cay we did not need our license and in May in we didn't need them in Labadee. We leave again next month on the Freedom and we are renting wave runners again, so is this a new thing?

DH and I are thinking of doing this excursion but are we able to take our 9 year with one of us ? If not thats ok there are plenty of other things to do on labadee like have a Labadoozie and float on a mat :D

Cali :)

Voyager W. Caribbean 12/16/06 "Our First AFT 1688"

Voyager E. Caribbean 11/05

S.S. Azure Seas Baja 11/90

When did they start this. We have never had to bring a drivers license with us. Last week in Coco Cay we did not need our license and in May in we didn't need them in Labadee. We leave again next month on the Freedom and we are renting wave runners again, so is this a new thing?

We needed a valid drivers license in 2002 for the person driving-- not for the person riding the back. The liabilty they set themselves up for if the person does not know how to drive.

• 3 weeks later...

We did the waverunners last week & it was the best excursion we did. We made 4 stops where they told you about the Island. I drove my own & DH drove his own. There were a total of 10 waverunners & 2 guides. They called us by number to start & made sure we left enough room between us. It was so much fun. The lockers are $3.49 & are charged to your account. If you need something to hold your eyeglasses on, they are also $3.49. I highly recommend this excursion.

• 3 weeks later...
DH and I are thinking of doing this excursion but are we able to take our 9 year with one of us ? If not thats ok there are plenty of other things to do on labadee like have a Labadoozie and float on a mat :D

Cali :)

Voyager W. Caribbean 12/16/06 "Our First AFT 1688"

Voyager E. Caribbean 11/05

S.S. Azure Seas Baja 11/90

Minimum age for a passenger is 10.

BonVoyage

Dawna

• 1 month later...

There is a StingRay waverunner excursion in Caymans if you are interested. Passengers have to be 8yrs old and over I think, not 10.

http://www.grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com/StingrayCityWaveRunner.htm

We did the waverunner excursion in Labadee a couple of weeks ago, and it was great! The driver needed a valid drivers license. We had 4 stops as well, with the guide tellling us about the area at each stop. (The 3rd stop, some locals paddle out to you in kayaks with stuff to buy). Our guide told us right before this that the average yearly income for someone on the penninsula is $400.00 a year.

There was a trunk area in front of the seat, and a larger one along the top of the waverunner, although neither spot was quaranteed to be waterproof. We were good, having just brought our waterproof wallet and underwater camera, and left everything else at the beach. (nothing was touched when we got back).

I would highly recommend this excursion!:D

Happy cruising!

Kim.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived