Why I'm glad my cruise is over

The humidity thing and the COLD water out of the faucet--makes me want to go to Utah when I get off the next cruise:)

LOL! :D Well, you're talking to a born-and-bred Rocky Mountain girl -- I've spent the majority of my life in Idaho and Utah, so I'm a bit partial to this climate.

However, it does make cruising a lot more expensive. RCI hasn't yet assigned a ship to the Great Salt Lake. :p

How about?

11. Bathtub (yes I hear you, suite owners...but the rest of us had to slum it with showers all week)

12. I don't want to just feel like a millionaire.

13. My hands could use some Palmolive.

14. I can leave a flip flop on my sofa and not have deck patrol take it if I'm not back within 20 minutes.

15. Jeans at dinner.

:) :) :)

First of all' date=' this is [b']not[/b] an anti-RCI rant. Along with many of you, I was on the Mariner 9/3 sailing, and overall we had a marvelous time. But now I'm suffering from major PCD, so I'm trying to focus on the short list of things I actually prefer about life off a cruise ship. Maybe some of you who are in my shoes can find something to smile about. :)

1. I can get COLD water out of the faucet.

2. I can drink that water without bloating.

3. I don’t have to worry about inconveniencing my steward by being in my house at certain times of the day.

4. There are no drunks in my hot tub.

5. When I’m sitting on my patio, my neighbors are more than ten feet away.

6. When I’m sitting on my patio, my dog can sit next to me and my kitty can sit on my lap.

7. I can make a phone call whenever I feel the need.

8. I can use the internet without counting the minutes.

9. Four words: five hundred television channels.

10. Three words: twenty percent humidity!! :) :) :)

When we first started going to St. John (USVI)...

We had water but you couldn't drink it.

Power always went out.

We had no phone or TV.

No one had access to the Internet.

It was 90% humidity.

A pound of coffee was $9.00

There were lots of interesting "insects"

I was the steward, cook and concierge!

BUT>>>>

Our neighbors were a mile away.

There were ALWAYS drunks in our hot tub.

Cats and dogs roamed the island (even in restaurants)

We could eat whenever we wanted.

Formal was shorts and flip flops.

We LOVE it as much as cruises. When we get home and the laundry is spinning and I'm cooking, reading mail, paying bills... I'm booking the next trip...to wherever!!!

I feel your pain!!!

How about?

11. Bathtub (yes I hear you, suite owners...but the rest of us had to slum it with showers all week)

12. I don't want to just feel like a millionaire.

13. My hands could use some Palmolive.

14. I can leave a flip flop on my sofa and not have deck patrol take it if I'm not back within 20 minutes.

15. Jeans at dinner.

:) :) :)

If I left a flip flop on the sofa for even a minute, my partner would hit me over the head with it. ;) ;)

I hear you! I keep waiting for a ship to dock here in the Boise area....darn, I guess you need a large body of water for that.

Well we can always put a river boat on the Snake or you can go over to Ann Morrison park, put in a raft, and play with the ducks:D

1. I can get COLD water out of the faucet.

At home, I can't. It's south Florida and even our own private well runs at too comfortable a temperature.

2. I can drink that water without bloating.

Why? Too much water always makes me bloated no matter the source.

3. I don’t have to worry about inconveniencing my steward by being in my house at certain times of the day.

I always walk in and join my steward and get them talking. I love sneaking up on them. :)

4. There are no drunks in my hot tub.

There's 2 in mine. Me and Donato.

5. When I’m sitting on my patio, my neighbors are more than ten feet away.

Unfortunately, my back yard is so shallow that I may as well be in my neighbor's yard. I'd rather be on a ship.

6. When I’m sitting on my patio, my dog can sit next to me and my kitty can sit on my lap.

Dog's dead. The cat is in my lap in my mind at all times so I know no difference. She stays at a cat country club while I'm away so cruising is entertainment for her, too. :D

7. I can make a phone call whenever I feel the need.

I hate phones.

8. I can use the internet without counting the minutes.

I don't mind skipping this either.

9. Four words: five hundred television channels.

And sometimes there is still nothing on.

10. Three words: twenty percent humidity!!

Lucky you. Again, I'm in South Florida so it's more like 90% or more humidity except for a few brief hours after a cold front in January. I'd prefer to be on a ship during a hurricane, too, rather than in my house. I survived Hurricane Andrew!

I guess I should go get back on a ship at this point. I can relate to none of your reasons for being off a ship. :(

;)

The best way to get over your PCD (Post Cruise Depression) is to book another one! Oh! I see you already have. Then I guess you should book another one :)

Said with a sense of humor, there is something to be said of this. I am being treated for depression, and the cruise itself was a wonderful treatment. Now, I really feel having another one booked and having something to look forward to is extremely helpful.

The other thing that may help is if you ask you husband/wife/sig. other to surprise you a few nights a week by leaving towel animals on your bed-it will take you right back to the ship...;)

And how often does Elvis do that for you Tracey?

Archived