transport LAX to World cruise Terminal

wiskt

I searched on this topic and found some postings but they were all from early 2005 so thought I would see if anyone had any updates????

Does anyone have any recommendations for transport for 4 people from LAX to the World Cruise Terminal? We are taking the NCL STAR 9/27 (Mexican Riviera) I have done some searching on van lines but was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or recommendations.

Also how long is the ride approx? It appears to be about 40 minutes?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Tom

I searched on this topic and found some postings but they were all from early 2005 so thought I would see if anyone had any updates????

Does anyone have any recommendations for transport for 4 people from LAX to the World Cruise Terminal? We are taking the NCL STAR 9/27 (Mexican Riviera) I have done some searching on van lines but was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or recommendations.

Also how long is the ride approx? It appears to be about 40 minutes?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Tom

We took a cab and it took us 20 minutes tops. He drove fast. Cost was about $50 with tip. Try the Shuttle, I cannot remember the full name.

http://www.supershuttle.com

Be sure they know you want the San Pedro cruise ship terminal (not Long Beach where Carnival ports) as they won't know it by "World Cruise Terminal".

How long it takes depends on the traffic. I have been stuck in traffic just trying to get off the freeway at the cruise ship exit for more than 20 minutes. This is why I recommend a shuttle instead of a cab. With a cab the dollars will add up while you are sitting in traffic, while a shuttle rate will not change.

It is virtually precisely 20 miles from LAX to the pier...so, if your cab does it in 20 minutes, it means he IS going pretty fast...and you're hitting zero traffic...

Of course, Saturday or Sunday mornings, there'a a decent chance traffic is light...Week days would be another story...

Still, I wouldn't count on it taking any less than a half hour...you figure 40 minutes to be on the "safe side"...

The route is about 98% freeway...

There are a few shuttle companies serving LAX...Super Shuttle is the largest, but there are also Prime Time Shuttle, Road Runner Shuttle and others...

You might also want to do a search on Limousine companies serving LAX...We've at times found limo companies offereing specials that rival what a shuttle would cost...and they'll quote you a flat rate (not a meter or per hour charge...

Good luck...

Try www.primetimeshuttle.com

We are a party of 4, we really wanted a limo, but most of the limo companies I tried wanted to charge their minimum hour charge. So it looks great when it says $70.00, but when I called and got actual quotes, they said $70.00 per HOUR and their minimum was 3 hours. So we decided to go with prime time shuttle, the total ended up being $16.00 per person for transportation from LAX to San Pedro pier. There's also www.supershuttle.com and www.karmel.com

If you go to supershuttle they have a service called Excuecar, It for 4 and when I checked it was $71.00 for all 4 from Lax to San Pedro pier.

We used them in San fran this year and it was great. I even pre paid the tip which was 15%.

There is a guy at baggage claim with your name on a card, it is so easy you should try it. Its not a limo but more like a town car.

ExecuCar - Business Class Sedan Service ----------------------------

ExecuCar is not a taxi, not a limousine, but the logical choice in between. ExecuCar is part of the SuperShuttle family. So you know you can rely on prompt and friendly service.

24 hour private chauffeur driven services.

Professional business attired drivers.

A luxury sedan with limousine comfort.

Established flat rate fares

Corporate rates available

Airport transfers and exclusive meet-and-greet services

Special occasions, social or sporting events, groups.

Charters.

Major credit cards accepted on board.

Execucar Approximate Fares

Just pretend you are booking a super shuttle and scroll down and you will find exeucar

Don't know about the rest of you, but our luggage, from our group of four, can't fit in a taxi or a town car. Unless the taxi is a mini van. I do have to admit that we did it in Ft Lauderdale once, but we all had bags on our laps. That's something that I wouldn't want to do from LAX to San Pedro.

Don't know about the rest of you, but our luggage, from our group of four, can't fit in a taxi or a town car. Unless the taxi is a mini van. I do have to admit that we did it in Ft Lauderdale once, but we all had bags on our laps. That's something that I wouldn't want to do from LAX to San Pedro.

That is precisely why we decided to do a shuttle!:p

• 2 months later...

Archived