Is this a "bad" cruise or am I nuts?

KAW

Did we book a "bad" cruise? ( or is that impossible?):D I have not found anyone cruising on my next cruise ( Majesty of the Sea 9/29 ). I wondered if I missed something..bad time to cruise? (ok, I know it is hurricane season, but the cruises before and after mine are active and cheaper. I have cruised in hurricane season before, so ..the ports may change..no problem.)

I also just check online and the cruise has tons of rooms left. There are lots of Junior suites, plenty of inside and outside cabins, and they are expensive still. I often hear on these boards that the ships are always sailing full, but mine is not.:(

I promise to shower and I don't stink..

What is up?

I convinced 2 friends to book rooms and join me ( I usually cruise solo) I am worried about why so many rooms left 2 weeks out and no reponses on the roll call. I read alot of these threads and I do not see any signatures on the threads with this date on them. Do you all know something I don't?:confused: Is this a no booze cruise or something strange like that? Come on guys clue me in?

Ideas? Am I parinoid? :eek: Is there something going on that weekend that I completely missed?

ooooh..maby I will get an upgrade to a Junior suite since there are so many left?

Did we book a "bad" cruise? ( or is that impossible?):D I have not found anyone cruising on my next cruise ( Majesty of the Sea 9/29 ). I wondered if I missed something..bad time to cruise? (ok, I know it is hurricane season, but the cruises before and after mine are active and cheaper. I have cruised in hurricane season before, so ..the ports may change..no problem.)

I also just check online and the cruise has tons of rooms left. There are lots of Junior suites, plenty of inside and outside cabins, and they are expensive still. I often hear on these boards that the ships are always sailing full, but mine is not.:(

I promise to shower and I don't stink..

What is up?

I convinced 2 friends to book rooms and join me ( I usually cruise solo) I am worried about why so many rooms left 2 weeks out and no reponses on the roll call. I read alot of these threads and I do not see any signatures on the threads with this date on them. Do you all know something I don't?:confused: Is this a no booze cruise or something strange like that? Come on guys clue me in?

Ideas? Am I parinoid? :eek: Is there something going on that weekend that I completely missed?

ooooh..maby I will get an upgrade to a Junior suite since there are so many left?

I am not sailing with you be I love the MOS and have sailed her and her sister ship Monarch a total of 6 times. ENJOY your cruise...I sailed last year the last week of Sept and had a great time.

Thanks Sandy Toes,

I actually am beginning to worry as I promised the friends that it will be a blast and we will dance all night. ( well not all night, but late for us)

I have a friend cruising on MOS this week and he promised to give me a report.

Thanks again...still wonder why it is so lightly booked.

much.

If you do the math. Meet & Mingles attract 25-50 people (some much larger) groups once onbaord. On a ship that holds 2,000 plus. We here on CC are a tiny piece of the pie.

Fear not! You will probably get on board laughing about thinking the ship was empty and find out it is nearly full!

I've sailed MOS 4 times now and have never gotten a response to a roll call. We are going again in February and no takers on that one either. MOS attracts alot of newbie cruisers who don't know about CC. Don't worry, you will have a great time. She's a great ship with a terrific crew. Stop by the champagne bar-Cheryl is wonderful. Enjoy!

Great cruise!! I booked the Majesty late last summer for 9/26/05 because it was a great deal. The ship ended up being almost full but there are minimal children and the weather is still wonderful.

The highlight??? The mustard drill was bearable - I didn't pass out due to the heat!!:rolleyes:

The September 29 sailing of the Sovereign of the Seas, (also sailing to the Bahamas for 3 nights) is pretty full. :confused: There is only a very limited number of outside cabins available, and no interior cabins available at this time) Odd that the Majesty isn't.

Where do you find out how full (or empty) the ship is? Call RCI?

I looked on a cruise booking engine, you can click on book a cruise and it lets you see the room numbers of rooms available and also just lets you choose a gaurantee. There were alot of rooms left.

Thanks to all for the encouragement, I just think it is strange to be so lightly booked and still expensive. I am looking forward to the spoiling and the extra chairs on the deck, cool weather in Miami and lots of Champaigne with Chery in the bar!

I guess it is also true that CC is just a small piece of the pie, but gollie gee who would use any other message boards, this one is so great?:)

KAW - I'm sure you will have an absolutely wonderful time! Just a hint, keep checking your price on the RCL website to make sure they don't open some wonderful specials or deals. Once on a RCL cruise, 3 weeks before sailing, they lowered the JS to the same price I was paying for a balcony - I jumped on that one for sure! RCL will honor any change with just a phone call! Smooth sailing!

KAW - I'm sure you will have an absolutely wonderful time! Just a hint, keep checking your price on the RCL website to make sure they don't open some wonderful specials or deals. Once on a RCL cruise, 3 weeks before sailing, they lowered the JS to the same price I was paying for a balcony - I jumped on that one for sure! RCL will honor any change with just a phone call! Smooth sailing!

Will they give you a credit or room upgrade even if you have already paid in full? Also, is this only if you book thru their website or can you get the credit thru a TA?

Thanks

Funny about that sailing date...

{{We are booked on the Oct 23 and there are no JS or above available...OV guarentee still available, but seems to be booking up quickly...}}

You know I think I heard that on 9/29 sailing was the sailing that they have scheduled the "Free Cruisers for Felons" Promotion...I think I read it somewhere;) ;) ;)

You know I think I heard that on 9/29 sailing was the sailing that they have scheduled the "Free Cruisers for Felons" Promotion...I think I read it somewhere
;)

OHG:eek: you are too funny. Knowing my luck lately it is might be true.

Rolloman,

I gues that was a big DUH..I should have read the sticky on meet and mingle.:rolleyes: Thanks for the lightbulb.

gadiamondgal,

Good advise, will keep eye open for the price drop, checked today and no such luck but, I did get another girl friend to book today..so I have 3 gals joining me..(each to own room of course).

Lord, I wonder if our houses will still be standing when we return after the "boys" have been home alone for 4 days? I bet they drink more than we will.:p

oh well, I will still keep hoping for the upgrade fairy.

Archived