AmerX and Pinnacle

CruisinNana

My TA says that the AmerX perk of free first night dining in the Pinnacle is still active. I asked for a written confirmation for this and she said it wasn't necessary and didn't think she could get one. I have read on these boards that it is possibly very helpful to have written confirmation once you get on board if there is no record of this for the guests. Has anyone had any experience with getting written confirmation for this perk?

My TA says that the AmerX perk of free first night dining in the Pinnacle is still active. I asked for a written confirmation for this and she said it wasn't necessary and didn't think she could get one. I have read on these boards that it is possibly very helpful to have written confirmation once you get on board if there is no record of this for the guests. Has anyone had any experience with getting written confirmation for this perk?

I got some special deal by using an AmEx TA and charging my booking to my AmEx card (including double bonus points). I was told that there will be a voucher in our cabin for a free "Pinnacle Grill Experience." Since that was the same way it worked on my Hawaii/South Pacific cruise, I have no reason to question her about that. Every bennie I got on that cruise was reflected in vouchers waiting in the cabin on embarkation day ... voucher for free cruise DVD, photo credit, bathrobe credit, etc. That will probably be the same case for you.

Blue skies ...

--rita

C Nana:

We just used this benefit on 9/2 on the Zuiderdam (first night). I too had requested written confirmation based on board comments, but didn't receive it. But the card was in our cabin upon arrival. You present it to the PG Manager.

Have a wonderful time!

Kelly

C Nana:

We just used this benefit on 9/2 on the Zuiderdam (first night). I too had requested written confirmation based on board comments, but didn't receive it. But the card was in our cabin upon arrival. You present it to the PG Manager.

Have a wonderful time!

Kelly

Thanks, Kelhair. I'm not going to worry any more. I am traveling with friends and there are 6 of us in 3 suites and all three cabins were paid for with AmerX. I seem to be the one in charge of the details of the trip so I do not want to tell the group something and then be disappointed that it didn't happen. I am glad to know so many have had no problems with this perk.

The first time I ever used it I also wanted to know if I needed a confirmation. The nice lady at HAL said that I didn't need a confirmation that they would be EXPECTING me to be there. I never have had a problem and I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.:)

The first time I ever used it I also wanted to know if I needed a confirmation. The nice lady at HAL said that I didn't need a confirmation that they would be EXPECTING me to be there. I never have had a problem and I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.:)

Thanks, Honey. I must be quite anal because I asked my TA to fax me the AMX tracking number....which she did. I guess it never hurts to have backup even though now I don't expect to need it. I feel sure the vouchers/invitations for the first night Pinnacle will be in our cabins. :D

Archived