Summary of winning bids on Priceline

dmk

I see a $99 rate for what I think is the Hilton Marina on 2/27/10 on Hotwire in FLL. Is it ok to post Hotwire info here, or ask for help ?? If not where is the acceptable place. If so...does anyone think this is a good price ?? Should I wait til it gets closer?? $99 for end of February seems good ...but??????:confused: not sure. HELP !!!!!

Do you know the star rating and the amenities?

Check out www.hoteldealsrevealed.com/hotelinventory. They have a list of Hotwire hotels including amenities. Compare and see if there's a match. I don't see any 4 star hotels on their list but the ratings change all the time.

Fort Lauderdale departure

In November we got Renaissance Plantation for 3 night pre-cruise stay, Jan 22-25, for $75 per night on Priceline. Today we got a 3 day car rental (standard size) for $20 plus taxes and fees on Priceline for the stay. Both winning bids took many tries before we were successful.

Marriott and Hilton group properties seem to show up rather frequently on Priceline while Holiday Inn properties seem to only show up on Hotwire.

We picked up the Residence Inn in Miramar FL when we wanted to spend a couple days closer to the Keys before a cruise out of Port Everglades. The all in cost was $147 for two nights.

Art

Recently booked on Hotwire and got the Marriott, Grand Junction CO. 2 star. Happy Sailing!

Ranchette

We won the JW Marriott downtown Miami, Feb 27th, for $135

I started bidding 4 star only hotels on priceline and started at $75. After numerous rejections we got the JW Marriott, 4 start for the amount above.

Just search for the Miami Downtown area and that should give you the hotels offered by priceline and you can then sort whichever way is easier for you.

Ranchette

We won the JW Marriott downtown Miami, Feb 27th, for $135

I started bidding 4 star only hotels on priceline and started at $75. After numerous rejections we got the JW Marriott, 4 start for the amount above.

Just search for the Miami Downtown area and that should give you the hotels offered by priceline and you can then sort whichever way is easier for you.

Thanks for your reply

• 2 weeks later...

Date: 1/8/10

Hotel - Renaissance at Port Everglades

Rating - 4 star

Winning bid - booked one room several months ago - $100.00 plus tax

booked second room yesterday - $87.00 plus tax

both times bid accepted on first try

Edited by guitars&cars

I am a long time user of Priceline and have been bidding for Miami Downtown for April 9 before our Navigator of the Seas cruise.

I have bid up to $95. for a 3 star and no luck. I checked the rates on the hotel websites and they are running from $149 - 189 for hotels like Marriott Bayside, Hyatt Regency and Hilton or this date.

I have checked biddingfortravel and most people seem to get a hotel in this zone for much less than $100.

Perhaps inventory is not released yet. I am thinking there is not a special event of some sort going on cause the rack rates are not high.

Any thoughts?

I am a long time user of Priceline and have been bidding for Miami Downtown for April 9 before our Navigator of the Seas cruise.

I have bid up to $95. for a 3 star and no luck. I checked the rates on the hotel websites and they are running from $149 - 189 for hotels like Marriott Bayside, Hyatt Regency and Hilton or this date.

I have checked biddingfortravel and most people seem to get a hotel in this zone for much less than $100.

Perhaps inventory is not released yet. I am thinking there is not a special event of some sort going on cause the rack rates are not high.

Any thoughts?

I am a Priceline junkie and I too, was bidding on a hotel in Downtown Miami. I needed a room for Jan. 24 and started with a $50 bid for 3*. It was rejected. Over the next week, I bid every day on a 4* and re-bid on a 3 1/2* and 3* hotel. On the last day that I bid, it rejected my $95 bid for a 4*. Finally, it accepted my bid of $85 for the Hilton Downtown Miami, which is a 3 1/2*. I see a few posts previous to this that someone got the Hilton for $72, but it was a week and a half earlier than what I needed.

I've used Priceline many times, but this was the most difficult bidding experience I've had. It won't stop me from using it again though. :)

Just a thought Emmy, maybe your bids aren't being accepted because it's Spring Break time and it's supply and demand?

Edited by Mango Tango

I am a Priceline junkie and I too, was bidding on a hotel in Downtown Miami. I needed a room for Jan. 24 and started with a $50 bid for 3*. It was rejected. Over the next week, I bid every day on a 4* and re-bid on a 3 1/2* and 3* hotel. On the last day that I bid, it rejected my $95 bid for a 4*. Finally, it accepted my bid of $85 for the Hilton Downtown Miami, which is a 3 1/2*. I see a few posts previous to this that someone got the Hilton for $72, but it was a week and a half earlier than what I needed.

I've used Priceline many times, but this was the most difficult bidding experience I've had. It won't stop me from using it again though. :)

Just a thought Emmy, maybe your bids aren't being accepted because it's Spring Break time and it's supply and demand?

Yes I was thinking perhaps because it is the Friday after Easter Monday same week...so I went and used http://www.lastminutetravel.com for the first time and got the Hyatt Regency for $89. I did that earlier this evening.

Enjoy your cruise and hotel :)

How would you bid for a hotel in Miami near embarkation for a cruise. What area would you indicate and what * rating?

I would bid downtown Miami and i have stayed in both 3* the Hilton was the Radisson and at the 4* Hyatt Regency most coming up in that area are really nice hotels.

• 2 weeks later...

Forgive me I am new to this bidding. We are staying one night in Ft. Lauderdale in Sept. ???'s how long should I wait to possibly bid on a room???

And what area considering the airport and pier???

I am looking at Hyatt pier 66 or Hyatt Place but I realize I can't specify. sorry if I sound so confused

• 2 weeks later...

We just stayed at the Downtown Miami Hilton last Sunday 1/24/10. Bought it on Priceline for $85 per night for a 3 1/2*. We upgraded to a bayview room for $25 extra. We had a wonderful corner room on the 14th floor with a great view of the port. Well worth the $25 upgrade. It was a very nice hotel. We'd stay there again!

Pre-Cruise

Date: September 26th 2010

Number of nights: 1

Hotel: Marriott Biscayne Bay

Rating: 3.5 star

Area: Miami Downtown

Site: Priceline

Winning Bid: $55

Taxes & Service Fees: $14.89

Total: 69.89

Post-Cruise

Date: October 1st 2010

Winning Bid: $55

Taxes & Service Fees: $14.89

Total: 69.89

Pre-Cruise out of POM

Date: 9/18/10

Winning Bid: $58 (originally submitted $55...wouldn't take that)

Taxes & Service Fees: $15.33

Total: $73.33