Summary of winning bids on Priceline

dmk

I just got the Hyatt Regency in downtown Miami for $60/night.

I've been bidding (or trying to anyway) on a 4 * in downtown Miami on Dec 6 for the past week and have been unsuccessful. Highest bid so far is $140 and was denied as of this morning. :(

I've been bidding (or trying to anyway) on a 4 * in downtown Miami on Dec 6 for the past week and have been unsuccessful. Highest bid so far is $140 and was denied as of this morning. :(

There must be something going on in Miami that day.

There must be something going on in Miami that day.

I'm finding the same problem with Dec. 5! There are plenty of rooms available in the area if you want to spend $200-300:mad: Got the Radisson for $59 last year on hotwire.com but now Hilton and way expensive. Wish us luck and I'll keep you posted on my finds........

I just googled special events in Miami for December 08. Apparently there is something called Art Miami. It is going on from Dec. 3-7. It is in the Biscayne Bay area. That's probably why the prices are so high.

Yep - I found the same thing. I wonder if we might have to end up staying near the airport instead!?

• 3 weeks later...

I've never tried Priceline and would like to, but first can you tell me if for some reason you change your mind or can't end up going, what can you do since they automatically charge your card when they accept your bid? TIA!

"if for some reason you change your mind or can't end up going, what can you do since they automatically charge your card when they accept your bid"

You lose your money. Thats why if your dates arent firm, and your room selection is paramount to your vacation enjoyment, Priceline and Hotwire arent the best services for everyone.

On our upcoming cruise in December, we won a room at the WESTIN DIPLOMAT in Hollywood Fl. on Hotwire. When we moved our cruise date up one week, we lost the room and it will be empty...and paid for on that night. It breaks my heart, but its just a choice you have to make.

We booked pre and post cruise hotel through priceline for New York staying near LaGuardia because we are taking a 5:30am departure back home to CA.

Dec 4,5 & 13, 2008

Crown Plaza LaQuardia

3 Star $75 each night.

Now, i'm sure this isn't the best hotel, but I figured it would be good enough for what we will be using it for. Besides I couldn't find anything for that price if I were going on my own and not through priceline.

Kim

We won the following Priceline bids:

Oct 11 Country Inn & Suites 2.5* $65. Elizabeth, NJ (Newark airport)

Oct 18 LaQuinta Inn & Suites 2.5*. $87, Secaucus, NJ (near NYC)

Oct 19 Hyatt Regency Long Island 3*. $45. side trip to see Hamptons.

Cruise is Oct 12 to 18 from Manhattan. Flying Los Angeles-Newark & JFK-Los Angeles. We're using free United tickets obtained by giving up our seats last Christmas. :) Tried to bid Manhattan but 4* was over $200 and nothing. :mad: Plan to use Schwartz Travel to keep one large checked bag for 1 day post cruise. Am renting a car for 1 day from Manhattan to JFK (via Hamptons :) ) for under $30 including taxes.

Since October weekends are "prime" time in NYC, I am pleased with my bids. 4* Manhattan were starting over $400/night. Even NYC LaQunita was over $300/night. :mad:

• 3 weeks later...

we need a hotel for October 8th in the Newark area, what did you bid to get the Country Inn and Suites in Elizabeth for 65.00. Did you bid Newark airport area or Elizabeth, thanks

we need a hotel for October 8th in the Newark area, what did you bid to get the Country Inn and Suites in Elizabeth for 65.00. Did you bid Newark airport area or Elizabeth, thanks

Elizabeth. Check with biddingfortravel for hotel zones, etc.

For Feb 13th I got the Renaissance Ft Lauderdale Plantation for $85 via Priceline. Seems close to the airport so I'm happy. Priceline says 4 stars and seems to get pretty good reviews overall on Trip Advisor (I bid 3 stars).

Was wanting to get someplace decent for under $100 since we are just crashing there after a flight that gets in at midnight. Hopefully this will be a nice place and I'm happy with the price.

Site: Hotwire

Stars: Four ****

Area: Logan Airport Boston

Dates: May 28 -- May 30 (two nights) 2009

Hotel: Hyatt Harborside

Winning Bid: $99 x 2 = $198 + tax $29.38 - $30 "HotDollars" = $197.38

We are doing two nights precruise (Maasdam).

Kel:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hotel - 1 room, 2 nights

Hotel Le Crystal

1100 de la Montagne

Montreal, Québec H3G 0A1

Canada

(514) 861-5550

Fri, Sep 12, 2008 Check-out date

Sun, Sep 14, 2008

Hotel rate per night: $169.00

Nights: 2

Rooms: 1

Subtotal: $338.00

Tax recovery charges & fees: $58.02

Total price: $396.02

Priceline

Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Plantation (4* hotel)

2 rooms, 1 night $80ea

Total $160

Taxes & Fees $27.84

Total $187.84 (2 rooms)

Also found transport from airport to hotel, hotel to port at $40 each trip (4 pax)

Priceline

Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Plantation (4* hotel)

2 rooms, 1 night $80ea

Total $160

Taxes & Fees $27.84

Total $187.84 (2 rooms)

Also found transport from airport to hotel, hotel to port at $40 each trip (4 pax)

That is the same day I need.

If I was to use priceline can I get 4 people in a room. Has anyone booked and had 4 people in a room?