Summary of winning bids on Priceline

dmk

Becca, the Long Beach Grand Prix is that weekend, so no luck with Priceline at all and the CP is fully booked, as are most of the hotels in Long Beach. I have reservations at the Doubletree as backup, but still looking for something more reasonable.

Is that CP San Pedro or Long Beach or both ?

David

Is that CP San Pedro or Long Beach or both ?

David

Both. I checked just about all the 3+star hotels in both LB and San Pedro, and they are fully booked, then I did some research and found out about the Grand Prix. Quite a few of us on our cruise for 4/19 then quickly booked rooms at the Doubletree in San Pedro. There are rooms available at the cheaper hotels/motels. But priceline seems to be a bust for that weekend. I quit with $105 being rejected.

Hi Everyone,

Just booked the Double Tree in San Pedro on Jan 30th, one night for $71. Thanks for all your help.

Anybody had luck contacting the hotel directly with your confirmation number and getting them to add room preferences to your booking?

I always stay in Anaheim, Ca...I bid 50.00 for the highest star rating in the Disneyland area and I always either get the HILTON at the convention center or The HILTON SUITES, both are great properties, and I get my price every single time, no matter if its a holiday or not. I HIGHLY reccomend priceline when booking a hotel.

So is that the trick, you have to wait until 3 days before you go???

There is no set rule. I've had success booking rooms on Priceline as much as six months in advance all the way to booking the same day of check-in.

Hotels try to predict the amount of unsold space they're going to have for any given date and allocate inventory to Priceline accordingly. If there is going to be a major event on a certain date and the hotel is expected to fill to capacity at retail rates, then they won't release inventory to be "liquidated" on Priceline. It's all about supply and demand, so there are no rules with regard to waiting until 3 days before you go to bid! Good luck!

Edited by BEAV

Does priceline pick the hotel for you? Or does the hotel pick your bid? If it's not a hotel you want can you easily cance with no fees if it's over a few weeks away?

Hotels allocate X amount of rooms to Priceline at X price. If a Marriott has a $55 dollar Priceline rate and Hilton a $60 rate, the computer is going to assign you to the Marriott if you bid $57. Priceline's 'name your own price' bid system is non-refundable. When you place your bid, you check off a box indicating you agree to their terms & conditions which means 1) non-refundable and 2) You'll accept any hotel within the star level and zone you placed your bid.

Hotels allocate X amount of rooms to Priceline at X price. If a Marriott has a $55 dollar Priceline rate and Hilton a $60 rate, the computer is going to assign you to the Marriott if you bid $57. Priceline's 'name your own price' bid system is non-refundable. When you place your bid, you check off a box indicating you agree to their terms & conditions which means 1) non-refundable and 2) You'll accept any hotel within the star level and zone you placed your bid.

Ah I see, thank you for your help.

After booking with priceline multiple times...near 20?, I feel very secure with getting a great property through them. I have never gotten less than a Hilton, Sheraton or Marriott. They seem to be pretty true to the examples they give per star level you request...dont be shy...its always been worth it for us. I have checked the hotel rate aftyer I have gotten the hilton for 50, and its been 280.00 to book it through hilton...yay! LOVE saving money on travel!!

For Sept. 21/22, 2009 using Hotwire.com I got a 3.5 star Hotel in Fisherman's Wharf area for $89.00. The room is listed at Expedia for $249.00. I am cruising from San Francisco to Sydney. On our return Oct 26th we will have to pay $109.00 for same place but still a good price!

Hyatt Fisherman's Wharf

3.5 stars

$89.00 - 2 nites for $178.00

$33.81 - Taxes for 2 nites

Total = $211.81 for 2 nites

First time using Priceline. Got the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro for 75$ for May 1st, and then also booked the Westin Bayshore in Vancouver for May 16th for 95$ 4 star.

We were going to book the Westin Bayshore and it was around 275. for the night. Glad I checked Priceline first.

First time using Priceline. Got the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro for 75$ for May 1st, and then also booked the Westin Bayshore in Vancouver for May 16th for 95$ 4 star.

We were going to book the Westin Bayshore and it was around 275. for the night. Glad I checked Priceline first.

I looked for a 3 or 4 star hotel in San Pedro this March the night before our cruise. I heard about Priceline,and submitted a $70 bid. (My first bid on this website). My result was the Crowne Plaza for $70 for the 1 night. Good deal:)

Just got Crowne Plaza in San Pedro for $65. YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My FIRST Priceline bid. I was soooooooooo nervous!!

Dottie:):):)

Great deals...What dates?