Summary of winning bids on Priceline

dmk

And a Canuck to boot. :D

:D You betcha! And you live in one of my favourite places to visit. I've got two brothers and their families living in Vancouver so I've been out your way many times. One of my nieces lived in Nanaimo for 4 or 5 years. Take care CoolChile and safe travels to you.:)

Hi

Just got:

Crowne Plaza Los Angeles Harbor, 601 South Palos Verde St, San Pedro CA (Hope this is the one that Curt always talks about)

4/25/09 (1 night-pre Cruise)

3*

Bid $85

Total w/Fees: $105.02

Had been trying $65 & $75 but posts on our roll call say there are some big events going on that weekend so I wanted to make sure I got a room.

I had never used Priceline before so decided to give it a try. I started low and kept getting rejected until I did get the Holiday Inn San Pedro for $70.00 for one night before cruise on Sept. 7, 2008.

I called the hotel immediately and the reservation lady changed the non smoking king to non smoking two queens at no extra charge.

The three star hotels wouldn't pick up my bids, so I came down in stars.

This was my first time using Priceline.

Westin Downtown Seattle

4-star

$125 plus taxes & fees

When are you staying there??? Was that your total, including

the fees and taxes???

(Great price by the way!):D

First time using Priceline....

Crowne Plaza, San Pedro

2 rooms, 1 night

10/25/08

$90 winning bid

total $215.14 with taxes for both rooms

I started at $65 and kept increasing by $5 until they finally accepted $90. Best price on website for this date is $144, so I guess it's not bad.

When are you staying there??? Was that your total, including

the fees and taxes???

(Great price by the way!):D

Thanks, I thought so. We are staying Sept. 14th, after our cruise.

That was the cost before the fees/taxes...$148 was the total after.

Thanks, I thought so. We are staying Sept. 14th, after our cruise.

That was the cost before the fees/taxes...$148 was the total after.

Thanks so much:D

I already booked a room with AAA (to know I had a room) at the Comfort Suites

but I want to try Priceline again too...........I need the night

before you;) :eek: and it keeps rejecting my bid....I will increase

it again and maybe I will get lucky:confused:

I know the Westin is supposed to be a terrific property!

If it accepts my bid then I can cancel the other one without penalty.

Well, I just bid 125.00 for Seattle on 9/13/08 for one night

and got the Westin:D ....total after fees

and taxes 152.68. Clicked on Downtown, 4 stars.

I am happy:)

From everything I have read the Westin is really nice:)

Hi Paula, thanks:) I am quite pleased!

Where in Florida are you? I am up in Jacksonville.

We have a longtime thread over in the Floataway Lounge

with lots of folks from all over the state, if you want

to come say hello:D

I've never used Priceline before - only became aware of its existence on this site. Any idea of the optimum time to book ahead to get the best price? Closer to the date or further?

Also does anyone know if you can book hotel rooms in the US through Priceline from Australia

I've never used Priceline before - only became aware of its existence on this site. Any idea of the optimum time to book ahead to get the best price? Closer to the date or further?

Also does anyone know if you can book hotel rooms in the US through Priceline from Australia

Mochuck you can book from Australia - as am sure has been mentioned elsewhere a great place to start is betterbidding (http://biddingfortravel.yuku.com/) - they do have a section for FAQ's for o/s bidders - re the time to book am sure you will get varying answers but when we have booked we have booked 9 months+ and got great prices (ie $60 for Westin in Vancouver and similar a year later for Seattle). I actually hunted out a thread that had a lot of useful information (for another Aussie) last night - it was for bidding for a hotel in Vancouver but it might help explain the process and how to do's the site was http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php? =261243&highlight=casscruise hope this helps

Jane

First time ever trying to "bid" for a room, wanted Redondo Beach 3* at $69.00 and was rejected, tried Long Beach 4* at $90.00 and got the Westin; $106.04 all in. Not sure how happy I am,:confused: it is a great price but we were really hoping for something beachfront.

Happy Sails,

Annette

What is the usual rate for a room there?

I generally book through 1 of 2 on-line "biggies" and they're listing it today (ROH) at $179/nite and $244/nite respectively (not including taxes or fees). I can't complain about the price, just didn't really have my head in the zone for Long Beach.

Are you familiar with this hotel at all? I can't find any information on whether or not I'll have to pay for parking (rental car) and whether or not they have a shuttle to the port. Help if you can please.

Happy Sails,

Annette

You got a good discount! I would call the hotel directly and check exactly what kind of room you got. When I used Priceline, when I called to check they had given me a smoking king sized bed room:eek: I am allergic to smoke, and am traveling with a girl friend....the platonic kind....and we definitely did not want a king bed. Holiday Inn was nice enough to change the room to non smoking two beds even though they didn't have to do that. So, I think you need to call and ask the hotel the questions and see what they say.