Summary of Winning Bids on Priceline, Hotwire, etc.

sunlover5

Let me ask a question. If you win a bid and don't like the hotel can you cancel or are you stuck with it?

In my case, my husband smokes and I need a room that allows smoking. A lot of the hotels are non smoking ones, so can I cancel without penalty if I get one of those?

Thanks!

http://blogs.usatoday.com/hotelhotsheet/2007/02/puerto_rico_smo.htm

This may seem like a dumb question but for those of you who got the Stellaris did you enter your bid as 4 star or resort as they both seem relevent

I can only speak for Priceline, if a resort such as the Stellaris is desired bid on Resorts NOT 4 *, or you will probably get the LaConcha hotel.

I bid on Resorts only in the San Juan area and got the Marriott Stellaris which is the hotel I wanted for a January-February cruise. Found out on top of that I can get an upgrade if one is available as I'm also a Marriott rewards member. The price was just over $200 taxes and fees included which beats paying the going rate of $365./nt. I'm a happy camper!

I can only speak for Priceline, if a resort such as the Stellaris is desired bid on Resorts NOT 4 *, or you will probably get the LaConcha hotel.

I bid on Resorts only in the San Juan area and got the Marriott Stellaris which is the hotel I wanted for a January-February cruise. Found out on top of that I can get an upgrade if one is available as I'm also a Marriott rewards member. The price was just over $200 taxes and fees included which beats paying the going rate of $365./nt. I'm a happy camper!

Congrats! You'll love it!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so impressed with the knowledge you posters have of this whole thing! I'm sure I'm just one of hundreds of people you're truly helping that never respond...so thanks!

I'd like to try priceline for May '09 in San Juan (really want Marriott Stellars) but I need FIVE rooms. Do you think I'll get accepted with this criteria...has anyone out there ever done this? With this many rooms, should I try now (300+days early) or should I wait until it gets closer?

Nothing on Biddingfortravel.com answer's this question for me.

Again, thanks for any help you can offer.

I'm so impressed with the knowledge you posters have of this whole thing! I'm sure I'm just one of hundreds of people you're truly helping that never respond...so thanks!

I'd like to try priceline for May '09 in San Juan (really want Marriott Stellars) but I need FIVE rooms. Do you think I'll get accepted with this criteria...has anyone out there ever done this? With this many rooms, should I try now (300+days early) or should I wait until it gets closer?

Nothing on Biddingfortravel.com answer's this question for me.

Again, thanks for any help you can offer.

We've had good luck bidding early. Last year we got the Marriott in May almost a year out, but you never know. We were just bidding on 2 rooms, but I think price and date will be the most important factor in what hotel you get. Good luck!

Ditto for me regarding that review of yours!

I was wondering since you've sailed her sister ship (Mariner) did you notice any "aging" on the Adventure? Is it being maintained well?

Take your time - understand the meaning of "busy" - but HURRY (LOL)

Ditto for me regarding that review of yours!

I was wondering since you've sailed her sister ship (Mariner) did you notice any "aging" on the Adventure? Is it being maintained well?

Take your time - understand the meaning of "busy" - but HURRY (LOL)

Wow! Good to see so many fans of the review, okay it's motivating me to write! The AOS is maintained very well. It, ofcourse, shows some more age than the Mariner, but not much. This was our third year in a row on the AOS, a few years ago the wooden railings needed some varnish, and it looks like they have finished varnishing the whole ship, so there really wasn't any real prominent signs of aging. The only bad thing on the AOS is the internet, it was way way slower on the AOS than on the Mariner, they must have a newer system on the Mariner. When or kids went on the Explorer, they said the waterslide was kind of lame and they liked the bigger AO instead on the Mariner.

Just bid on Priceline post cruise 8/17 1 night. Bid Resort zone and started at $90. Useing free re-bid zones I got the Marriott Stellaris for $111 + taxes. Has anyone ever stayed there? Hopping it is nice..... Rlyans

Just bid on Priceline post cruise 8/17 1 night. Bid Resort zone and started at $90. Useing free re-bid zones I got the Marriott Stellaris for $111 + taxes. Has anyone ever stayed there? Hopping it is nice..... Rlyans

You got the best! Congratulations, you'll love it!

After waiting forever to book (hoping for prices to drop due to fuel prices keeping others from traveling), we finally went with Hotwire since Priceline would not guarantee more than double occupancy for our family of 4.

We're thrilled to have such a great price - $156 per night for rooms that have been going for $250+ across the internet!

For two teachers... this makes it doable!:D

You got the best! Congratulations, you'll love it!

toonjie..this isn't a priceline question ..but see your name & thought I would ask you on 3 beaches in St Thomas..after taking a tour of St Thomas & can be left for a time at the beach which beach would you recommend...Magens Bay Beach...Sapphire Beach or Coki Beach..I believe we have been to Magens--but when you travel alot--alot of the beaches seem the same until you go back to them..but some of us on our CC are trying to decide which beach to be dropped at, after touring with GodfreyTours..might just float around--would love to snorkel--but not sure any of those would be any good for that.--only one other ship will be in port on the same day--but it has about the same number of people to find their way to the beaches.

Just would like your input on this & perhaps why you'd choose one over another...

toonjie..this isn't a priceline question ..but see your name & thought I would ask you on 3 beaches in St Thomas..after taking a tour of St Thomas & can be left for a time at the beach which beach would you recommend...Magens Bay Beach...Sapphire Beach or Coki Beach..I believe we have been to Magens--but when you travel alot--alot of the beaches seem the same until you go back to them..but some of us on our CC are trying to decide which beach to be dropped at, after touring with GodfreyTours..might just float around--would love to snorkel--but not sure any of those would be any good for that.--only one other ship will be in port on the same day--but it has about the same number of people to find their way to the beaches.

Just would like your input on this & perhaps why you'd choose one over another...

If you want to snorkel, than that narrows it down to Sapphire and Coki, since there is no snorkeling at Magens. Magens will also be the most crowded. Between Coki and Sapphire, I would pick Sapphire since I think it is nicer scenery. Here's some pics of Sapphire.

IMG_6448.jpg

IMG_6449.jpg

If you want to snorkel, than that narrows it down to Sapphire and Coki, since there is no snorkeling at Magens. Magens will also be the most crowded. Between Coki and Sapphire, I would pick Sapphire since I think it is nicer scenery. Here's some pics of Sapphire.

IMG_6448.jpg

IMG_6449.jpg

thanks toonjie I sorta thought perhaps Sapphire might be the best one to go for.

So now Marriott Stellaris is offering $159 rate that includes breakfast for the days we're going to be there (May 4-6 '09). Personally, I think it's a great rate! The lowest bidded price I've seen is 135 for this property. And we want THIS property!

So does this mean that if the going rate is $159 that priceline would accept even lower bids than normal for that time and we could maybe get it for say, $99? Or should I just book that "sure deal" and call it a day?

Help...

So now Marriott Stellaris is offering $159 rate that includes breakfast for the days we're going to be there (May 4-6 '09). Personally, I think it's a great rate! The lowest bidded price I've seen is 135 for this property. And we want THIS property!

So does this mean that if the going rate is $159 that priceline would accept even lower bids than normal for that time and we could maybe get it for say, $99? Or should I just book that "sure deal" and call it a day?

Help...

If you are positive that you want the Marriott, than you should take the sure thing.

If you wouldn't mind another resort, I would try Priceline - you may get the Marriot at a cheaper price or you may get another resort.

We have been bidding resort for February, every week, up to $130 with no luck yet.

I would say that's a great rate for the time frame you're travelling and getting breakfast for two is a bonus. It may be that's it's a promotion that the hotel is offering and has nothing to do with Priceline. If it were me, I'd book it and call it a day.

Help...

Help...

Early May is slow, we had bids accepted for $110 the last 2 years in a row. Does the $159 include taxes and fees? What type of breakfast, room service or the buffet? It sounds like a great deal if you really want the Marriott, I would think of it as what a great deal you got and not that you may have gotten it for less.

I knew it was too good to be true. All three websites (Priceline, Orbtiz, and Marriott themselves) had a price of 159 per nit, not including tx & Fees. BUT...when you hit "select" the price jumped to 239 per nit.

I tried to agrue with Marriott that it was a published rate and they should honor it but they wouldn't budge.

So it looks like I'm back to square one!

Thanks for your help anyway. Maybe I'll end up getting the 110 rate that you got Toonjie!