Summary of Winning Bids on Priceline, Hotwire, etc.

sunlover5

I just got the Marriott Resort for 175/night on Priceline from 2/20-2/23, post-cruise when bidding for resort. Not a great deal, but acceptable since those dates fall during the school vacation weeks up north. I had spent the past couple weeks bidding, starting at 75, and when I bid 150, Priceline return offered at 175 so I took it just to be done with it. Wish it was the intercontinental, but it's not a big deal.

Cant believe this...i put in the wrong month in my bidding.....:eek::mad::(....

So priceline was so nice to cancel this reservation and let me try again....just have to pay the cancellation fee...

i have to try again!:(

Summer

I bid for a 3,5 * in San Juan Area only one time....

Just get the Conrad San Juan 15 April to 16 April for 85 $ for one night post-cruise . Hope this is a good deal.....

I wonder if you got an "upgrade"? I thought the Conrad was a "resort", but you said you got it as a 3.5*. Or perhaps Priceline has lowered its rating to 3.%*

Can you provide more information about your winning bid (even though it may be the wrong month).

Thank you.

I wonder if you got an "upgrade"? I thought the Conrad was a "resort", but you said you got it as a 3.5*. Or perhaps Priceline has lowered its rating to 3.%*

Can you provide more information about your winning bid (even though it may be the wrong month).

Thank you.

When one bids at the 3.5* level the bid automatically covers hotels at higher star levels (4* & Resort). Winning at a higher level doesn't happen all that often, but this may have been one of those times.

So priceline was so nice to cancel this reservation and let me try again....just have to pay the cancellation fee...

Summer

Wow, you are very lucky. I thought P/L was very strict in their no cancel/no change policy. Good for you.

Hi,

as i said i bid for a 3,5 and get an upgrade....later i saw that i had the wrong dates in there. I sent a mail to priceline and they offered my that cancellation fee when i made a new succesfull bidding. i did today and get the Radisson Ambassador for 125 $, i think it was to much but all i wanted is a hotel reservation for the right time in april. i had to sent a mail to priceline with the new reservation number and now i hope to get the money ( exclusive the cancellation fee) back ...

i read this in several other thread, that priceline would do this , if it happens once with the wrong dates.

Greetings from Germany

Summer

Hi,

as i said i bid for a 3,5 and get an upgrade....later i saw that i had the wrong dates in there. I sent a mail to priceline and they offered my that cancellation fee when i made a new succesfull bidding. i did today and get the Radisson Ambassador for 125 $, i think it was to much but all i wanted is a hotel reservation for the right time in april. i had to sent a mail to priceline with the new reservation number and now i hope to get the money ( exclusive the cancellation fee) back ...

i read this in several other thread, that priceline would do this , if it happens once with the wrong dates.

Greetings from Germany

Summer

So what were the correct dates you bid on?

Summer

You're very lucky! I got three paragraphs that basically said 'tough %*)%!

Good evening everyone,

I've been trying all week for March 11-13 2011....not having any luck :mad: It's so frustrating when I read all these great deals everyone is getting on different dates. Has anyone had any luck with these dates?

I completely understand erin...i think we picked the wrong time to be trying priceline for San Juan. We are a couple months too late for getting a good deal. I think I am going to go with hotwire and buy a room that by all counts is the OSJ Sheraton per betterbidding dot com. Its still a good bit less than the full price of the room...269 vs 184.

been trying priceline for a month now for Jan 29th 2011 pre cruise. No luck. Have bid up to 120.00 on both 4 star and on resort...nothing. Hoping to get intercontinental since I have seen a lot of people say they liked staying there and have got it cheap...seen 80-120.00 average winning bids but for me...no such luck YET

I completely understand erin...i think we picked the wrong time to be trying priceline for San Juan. We are a couple months too late for getting a good deal. I think I am going to go with hotwire and buy a room that by all counts is the OSJ Sheraton per betterbidding dot com. Its still a good bit less than the full price of the room...269 vs 184.

Well after trying all week for my dates of March 11-13, I finally decided to try a 3.5 star. I got the Radisson Ambassador for $120. I was hoping for a 4 star or resort level or that price, but that didn't seem to work. I'm just glad that I finally got a hotel now.

Good luck Amosmoses33 on your bidding! :)

Erin

Well after trying all week for my dates of March 11-13, I finally decided to try a 3.5 star. I got the Radisson Ambassador for $120. I was hoping for a 4 star or resort level or that price, but that didn't seem to work. I'm just glad that I finally got a hotel now.

Good luck Amosmoses33 on your bidding! :)

Erin

the radisson had a price drop this week, on there website direct it was down to 156 from 210. I really wanted OSJ Sheraton, so I bought one from hotwire for way to much but I was afraid of bidding and not getting the place I wanted, and it appears from your bids that I would've gotten the radisson.