rock climbing wall

There is no fee for the wall, golfing, roller blading, or ice skating. You don't sign up ahead of time to use the wall. You just show up for the session you want to attend. The hours that the wall is operation varies by day and they are listed in the Cruise Compass. The same goes for skating and roller blading. Mini golf is available 24 hrs a day since it does not require crew supervision. The clubs and balls are left out for you to take and return.

The rock wall provides climbing shoes and a helmet but you must bring socks and wear a shirt. Ice skating requires socks and long pants. Roller blading requires socks.

Question on the ice skating, if someone would be so kind as to help me out!...

Would they allow you to use your own skates as opposed to rentals? After years of skating with my own skates, there is no way I'm able to skate on rentals. (believe me, I've tried! It's not pretty.) Have you ever seen anyone doing this?

On Serenade it was difficult to get an appointment for the rock wall. GO EARLY to sign up. One guy in our group only got to climb because someone else chickened out.

Also, you can not be wet. We saw a girl that kept going to the pool while she was waiting for her turn and they did not let her climb because her shorts were wet from her swimsuit underneath.

The people who were running the wall took long beaks....it is strenuous for them, also. So the process was slow. It may not be like this on all the ships, but it was on Serenade in February.

We skated on Mariner a few weeks ago, and they had a session for skaters with their own skates--I think that the skaters also had a chance to mingle with the pro skaters from the ice show, and even receive some instruction. We showed up for that session by accident, so we learned it does exist. As soon as you get on board call guest relations and ask about it--you had to sign up in advance for that session, I think.

Vanessa

Staylor is right, go early! 5 minutes before the next session start time is not enough! I recommend about 15 minutes early. Or if you want to avoid lineups, there are usually teen/adult climbing 'clinics' where they're teen/adult only.

You can use your own skates. Just remember the rink is not that big. Only you know if it is worth it to you to lug a pair of ice skates with you to the ship. Except for the novalty of being able to say you ice skated on a ship I don't think the rink would be all that much fun for a good and serious skater.

Hiya -

Anyone know if there is an absolute minimum age (waiver or not) ... my 7 yo boy wants to climb that wall on our Sept 24 VOS sailin' !

Thanks,

jim

Minimum age is 6 years old.

Your 7 year old should enjoy it!

Archived