Changing Cabin Assignmemt's

Kamloops50

Does anyone know it cabin assignments can be changed on check-in?

Only if something is available; there's no guarantees of that being the case since most HAL cruises sail full.

If something is available and it's a higher category than you've booked then you will be charged the full difference in price.

So, what's the problem that you think you might want to change cabins at check-in? If you really think you might want to change the time to go for it is now.

We've been on two HAL cruises. Both times, there were signs at check-in, saying that the ship was full and there were no upgrades available. Many others on this board have reported the same thing. Two prior cruises on Carnival were the same.

The cruise industry is doing very well right now. Almost every HAL sailing is full. That means that it is seldom possible to change cabins at the last minute. There have even been stories about people who have had serious problems with their cabins and were unable to move to another cabin.

It never hurts to ask, though. If you want to move to a different cabin, call HAL and ask if any are available. As RuthC pointed out, any upgrade at this point will cost you money; you might as well ask now, rather than wait and hope to be able to do it during the hassle of check-in. If there were something available at the pier, it would not be a bargain.

Just my $0.02 worth.

Paul Noble

Just a question about if the ship is not full or even close to full. Would they be offering upgrades at a better price than what is currently on Hals web site? I think I remember seeing a noticed in our cabin once with an offer.

I've been offered a paid upgrade into a Deluxe suite twice - both times within a week of departure, and both times there was only one opening for upgrade to be had.

The first time was very reasonable, but I knew that the suite did not have a tub so we chose not to take it.

The second time, the charges for upgrade were as much as the difference if I'd originally booked the higher category so again we chose not to take it.

Archived