FV or CC?

covey

I agree with Mahdnc, take the FV cabin over the CC. I would take an FV over a Sky Suite, for that matter. The space and the layout (two rooms) is more important to us than the minor perks. The only reason they have to provide extra perks for CC cabins is to justify charging significantly more for cabins that are just 15 or so sf larger, and still don't have a separate sitting room or large balconies. We entertained several times in our corner FV cabin last fall and were able to handle twenty people with ease - try doing that in a CC cabin!

Take the FV, especially if it's a corner. If you make nice with your cabin attendant right away, you might get some of the CC perks like the robes and pillows just as we did. The priority embarkation and disembarkation is nice, but the rest of the perks such as the welcome "Champagne", canapes, fruit and flowers are pretty sad anyway.

Believe me, corner FVs are awesome. Aside from the Penthouse, they have the sweetest balconies on the ship by far. The room, storage, your own private hallway to your cabin are great. X isn't always fond of releasing them with less than five in a cabin, and if you have the opportunity to nab one, do it.

We too managed to get a corner one for next February on the Summit Panana Canal - I badgered my TA for a CC on the back of the ship but nothing and then a FV came up on deck 9 but it was only the one in from the corner. Celebrity told my TA that they keep the corner ones for families of 5. Well a few days later the one below on deck 9 came up (corner 8181) and I e mailed my TA saying could I transfer down one deck to 8181 thinking I would get no its for families. Later on that day an e mail from my TA saying yes you have not been transferred to 8181.

I was on the phone to her to make sure and she confirmed that it was 8181 the corner one and yes it was reserved for us.

If it wasn't for these boards we would still be in a CC midships. I am really looking forward to the extra space not to mention the balcony.

What sailing are you on?

Archived