Visa Needed for Australia?

JLC@SD

DH said we did, so I'll have to deflect to his memories. He said that he got it through Princess because it was just easier and faster. I'm guessing that if it's in your personalizer, it pretty much a given that you'll need it. I wouldn't want to chance it myself.

Charlie

Do US Citizens need a visa for Australia.......but not New Zealand?
Yes. Pretty much everyone needs a visa for Australia. For the occasional visitor, the electronic visa is probably the easiest.

Your airline may organise an electronic one for you if you ask them. Some airlines charge, some don't.

When we cruised from NZ to Australia this past February on the Grand Princess, we did need an Australian Visa and nothing for NZ. Princess said they preferred to handle the Austalian Visa (which can be obtained on-line) and they charged the same fee (I believe it was $20). We left everthing in their hands and they collected all the passports on-board and when they were returned they were already stamped with our entry port being Hobart (that was our first port in Australia).

Hank

We booked our own air for our Jan 2007 Auckland to Sydney cruise. At the time of payment for our air tickets, the United agent processed our Visa at no charge to us. On the lower right hand corner of your Princess booking summary, you will notice that it says #INC VISA $40. I called Princess to let them know that the airline agent obtained our Visa for us, and they removed $40 from the total cost of our cruise. If you are doing the cruise air, then best to leave it up to Princess to obtain your Visa, but if you are doing your own air, then, depending on your carrier, the airline may obtain your Visa for you at no charge.:) Just be sure to confirm with your air carrier that your Visa has been processed before asking Princess to drop the $40 charge. The Visa is processed electronically and linked to your passport.

Kathy

Archived