Recent Mercury or Galaxy cruisers...

chrismch

Ok, here a unique request. I need room details to get ideas to decorate our cabin for our Christmas cruise. Are any of the walls metal that would take a magnet that could hold lightweight wall decor? Do the windows in the Oceanview cabins have a ledge/sill to place items? Is there open space above the TV to place a 12" tree (or smaller?)? Is there any place in the cabin where I could hang Christmas stockings or garland? Any other ideas to help make our cabin more festive?:p

We sailed in an oceanview room on Galaxy last Christmas. I brought a whole suitcase full of decorations.

I used vinyl sicky decorations on the walls and they worked great. I used 3M stick-on cord guides and strung lights around the mirror and window. They were easy to remove when we were done. I also had a two-foot tree (fake, of course) and used duct tape (see, there is a use for it :D) to tape the base of the tree to the small round glass table and covered it with a small cloth tree skirt. The presents were placed under the table. The room was very festive. We placed a piece of Christmas wrapping paper with ribbon to look like a present on the outside of the door.

My family was a little concerned that being away from home would not feel like Christmas, so I did my best with the decorations.

I was a bit disappointed in the ship decorations. There was a Santa in a sleigh hanging over the dining room, some nice trees here and there and some flowers on the stairs, but overall the ship did not feel very decorated.

Seagal...thanks for the pix. I am such a Christmas person that I have to bring it with me on the ship. Never heard of stick on cord guides, so I will check on it at the craft stores. Is that what is also holding up the stockings? I am so looking forward to our cruise!:p

Archived